YesNoOk

Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)  (Read 1541183 times)

Started by MDCGD, October 19, 2020, 02:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Vs DC full game development (original 3d designs)
#21  October 31, 2020, 06:58:28 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
I mean you can if you want too. But it's more uqinue to mix em up IMO.

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#22  October 31, 2020, 03:49:00 pm
    • USA
I mean you can if you want too. But it's more unique to mix em up IMO.

Yea that's what I intended. But for him specifically I'd like to go with the ground idle and have him hover while moving. Thanks. I appreciate your opinions!
Follow Twitter: @MVDCGD
Subscribe Youtube: MVDCGD
#23  October 31, 2020, 08:38:34 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
No problem! It's always good to have someone to bounce ideas off of! Looking forward to your progress!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#24  November 02, 2020, 06:58:32 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
This is looking super exciting!
I'm a sucker for everything Marvel fighting game related lol, and DC is alright, so a crossover between them are of course sparking interest.

Here are a few questions I'd like to ask if that's fine;

DC Side;

- I see Lex Luthor, which edition are you going for with his mech? The bigger mech suit, or the thinner more Iron Man approach?

- Which of the Green Lantern's will be used? I know there are tons to pick from. Hal Jordan is usually the standard, but both John Stewart and Kyle are great choices too, even Guy Gardner, but perhaps not the most recognizable.

- Have you landed on which design for Catwoman you are going to use? And what gamestyle are you leaning towards? A more hand to hand combat aproach with agility, or more extensive reach with tons of whiplash focused moves?

- For Aquaman, are you going the classic approach with blondie? Or the modern Jason Mamoa appearance? Seeing you got both him and Thor, I'd love to see a more JM approach with his design being the most epic rivalry for Hemsworth blondie Thor IMHO.

- I saw someone reacting to no Joker and you have already adressed him. If for the future, or any reason you would ask for ideas, inspiration or anything, my suggestions to look into when it comes to DC Comics would be; Ra's Al Ghul for his badass sword fight, and great hand to hand assassin style. Poison Ivy with her interesting flower usage and poisionous effects. Atrocitus from the Red Lantern Corps, making a fierce and unstable rage user which you can do a lot of different creative moves with.

Honorable mentions; Nightwing, Black Cannary, Vixen.

Marvel side;

- With Phoenix, are you thinking of adding any "Dark Phoenix" effects into her gameplay?

- With Thanos, are you going to go the Capcom route for the moves entirely, or are you also going to implement some weapon usage from the MCU side? Also, is he just going to be a regular playable, or also eventually a boss?

- I see you got Blade here, probably my most excited choice, because he has not been done in an official fighting game yet. Therefore I'm super curious to know what direction you are visioning him. Is he going to be sword-heavy? Will there be tons of gun usage for specials and hypers? Any vampyric effects like a rage mode or something?

- Also as with DC I'll leave 3 other suggestions. Enchantress from the Thor comics. While one could go with Scarlet Witch too, I believe that Enchantress would make a great female villain that would work well into the series, good rival to Strange, and would also manage to take some inspirations from Raven of the DC side. Man-Thing is next, and is one of the craziest guardian characters in the supernatural side of Marvel comics. You got Blade and Dr. Strange, so Man-Thing would be a great addition, being a tricky bruicier monster, could use some of DC's Swamp-Thing's moves from Injustice 2 as inspiration too and checks that off. Dr. Octopus or Omega-Red, both using exstensive arms for different purposes and would be interesting characters of unique structure for a crossover like this. Might be difficult to create, but would at least be very recognizable and strong moveset potential.

Honorable mentions; Ghost Rider, Shang Chi and Toad.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#25  November 03, 2020, 11:35:28 pm
    • USA
@The Street Fighter

DC Side;

- I see Lex Luthor, which edition are you going for with his mech? The bigger mech suit, or the thinner more Iron Man approach?

- Which of the Green Lantern's will be used? I know there are tons to pick from. Hal Jordan is usually the standard, but both John Stewart and Kyle are great choices too, even Guy Gardner, but perhaps not the most recognizable.

- Have you landed on which design for Catwoman you are going to use? And what gamestyle are you leaning towards? A more hand to hand combat approach with agility, or more extensive reach with tons of whiplash focused moves?

- For Aquaman, are you going the classic approach with blondie? Or the modern Jason Mamoa appearance? Seeing you got both him and Thor, I'd love to see a more JM approach with his design being the most epic rivalry for Hemsworth blondie Thor IMHO.

Catwoman will have a mix of both close and range attacks. As far as designs are concerned, each character will have 2-4 outfit variations (so you'll be seeing John Stewart and Hal Jordan). I chose this method instead of different palettes because its actually easier for me to design different outfits than doing color separation on 255 colors and 3000+ animation frames  :S. (I'm hoping by the time I'm done with this project, MugenHook will be 100%)

- I saw someone reacting to no Joker and you have already addressed him. If for the future, or any reason you would ask for ideas, inspiration or anything, my suggestions to look into when it comes to DC Comics would be; Ra's Al Ghul for his badass sword fight, and great hand to hand assassin style. Poison Ivy with her interesting flower usage and poisonous effects. Atrocitus from the Red Lantern Corps, making a fierce and unstable rage user which you can do a lot of different creative moves with.

Honorable mentions; Nightwing, Black Cannary, Vixen.

All good mentions and characters I've already been contemplating on. As for Nightwing, I was planning on possibly making him and two other side kicks "assists" for Batman, which is why Robin or Batgirl aren't on the roster. I'm still deciding who will be the assists. So many to chose from. Might have to make it 4 instead of 3.

Marvel side;

- With Phoenix, are you thinking of adding any "Dark Phoenix" effects into her gameplay?

She'll have a dark phoenix transformation as her skill. It will work the same way as Hulk's Rage.

- With Thanos, are you going to go the Capcom route for the moves entirely, or are you also going to implement some weapon usage from the MCU side? Also, is he just going to be a regular playable, or also eventually a boss?

I was thinking of incorporating some type of summon where he materializes the blade and armor from the MCU. Not sure if it will be a transformation or just a Super.

- I see you got Blade here, probably my most excited choice, because he has not been done in an official fighting game yet. Therefore I'm super curious to know what direction you are visioning him. Is he going to be sword-heavy? Will there be tons of gun usage for specials and hypers? Any vampiric effects like a rage mode or something?

Like Catwoman, every character will display a mix of all their abilities. I plan a lot of gun & sword mix-ups (Similar to MVC3's Dante). He's one of my favorite choices as well because he has yet to be represented in a FG. Never thought of the rage thing for him. That's a good idea because I want every character to have a Skill ability (like flash's speed force and Doomsday's adapt which I haven't done yet). I was (obviously) going to give Hulk the rage skill. Now I have to think of how I can make Blade's skill different. hmmmm

- Also as with DC I'll leave 3 other suggestions. Enchantress from the Thor comics. While one could go with Scarlet Witch too, I believe that Enchantress would make a great female villain that would work well into the series, good rival to Strange, and would also manage to take some inspirations from Raven of the DC side. Man-Thing is next, and is one of the craziest guardian characters in the supernatural side of Marvel comics. You got Blade and Dr. Strange, so Man-Thing would be a great addition, being a tricky bruicier monster, could use some of DC's Swamp-Thing's moves from Injustice 2 as inspiration too and checks that off. Dr. Octopus or Omega-Red, both using extensive arms for different purposes and would be interesting characters of unique structure for a crossover like this. Might be difficult to create, but would at least be very recognizable and strong moveset potential.

Honorable mentions; Ghost Rider, Shang Chi and Toad.

Thought about Enchantress after seeing Suicide Squad movie.
Man-Thing? hmmm...challenging..yes...but that's what makes it great.
Dr. Oct?....meh, but I like Omega Red, even though Dr. Oct hasn't been represented in a FG yet. hmmmm....
Ghost Rider was already a thought of mine.
Shang Chi...hmmm....could allow me to animate some cool Kung Fu moves. Nice rival for Batman.
Toad....after that first X-Men movie...nahh lol. I thought about the Lizard though.

Thanks guys. comments like this sparks my imagination and keeps me motivated. More suggestions and ideas always welcome!
#26  November 04, 2020, 03:49:16 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Thanks for taking the time to adress some of the things mentioned.
I'll continue and respond to this as it's pretty cool visions.

1. Glad to hear about Catwoman, it makes a lot of sense, so that's good.
2. Interesting to hear about the costume variations rather than pals.
I don't know how you work, but if that's the easiest choice, then that's great for representation!

3. Did not know about the assist types either, must have scrolled a bit too fast the first time lol, perhaps in the end of this post I'll try to come up with some assist ideas for already discussed and confirmed characters.

4. That's great, the different abilities of the characters does make them stand out, and it's a must in that case, since you go with the Phoenix iteration rather than Jean Grey.
5. The Thanos idea sounds really good to me.

6. Happy to hear about the ideas for Blade. An idea I was thinking is that you could go two ways with this ability;
6a) His vampyric side craves hunger and a meter will build for each attack Blade lands in a duration of time, that could be unleashed if the limit was met.
6b) His senses sharpens, kind of like Spidey-Senses, where it will create slow motion during some attacks giving a limited time advantage for Blade.

7. Glad to hear that you see Man-Thing that way. I believe there are tons of ways to make Man-Thing a dangerous foe.
I have not seen Suicide Squad, so I do not know about DC's Enchantress on screen, but felt it could be a nice way for the Marvel side.
Yes, I did not fully know if I should mention Doc-Oc, but I thought Omega-Red alone sounded a bit obscure, but now I'm glad I did, since he was my initial choice.
I believe Iron Fist is overdone, and that's why I picked Shang Chi, plus of the film, and kung-fu moves within the game, which could be fun.
Lizard sounds like a fun edition, for sure. Tons of his assists could be different lizard monsters.

Time for assist ideas.
I don't know if it only needs to be heroes paired with other heroes or with their foes, or something. But I'll see. Just a few super quick shoutouts.

DC Side -

Superman;
- Steel.
- Super Girl.
- Bizarro.

Flash;
- Kid Flash.
- Green Arrow.
- Professor Zoom.

Wonder Woman;
- Cheetah.

Green Lantern;
- Kilowog.
- Sinestro.

Batman;
- Robin.
- Batwoman.
- Detective James Gordon.

Cyborg;
- Beastboy.
- Raven.
- Starfire.

Lex Luthor;
- Metallo.

Darkseid;
- Despero?

Catwoman;
- Poison Ivy.

Aquaman;
- Mera.
- Aqua-Lad.
- Ocean Master.

Marvel side -

Hulk;
- She-Hulk.
- Skaar.
- Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk.

Ironman;
- Rescue/Pepper Pots.
- War Machine.
- Ironheart?

Spider-Man;
- Black Cat.
- Agent Venom.
- Daredevil.

Captain America;
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier.
- Black Widow.
- Patriot.

Wolverine;
- X-23.
- Sabertooth.
- Daken?

Phoenix;
- Cyclops.
- Hope Summers.
- Cable.

Storm;
- Beast.
- Colossus.
- Nightcrawler.

Thanos;
- Ebony Maw.
- Proxima Midnight.
- Lady Death?

Thor;
- Loki.
- Thor/Jane Fosters edition.
- Beta Ray Bill.

Dr. Strange;
- Wong.
- Brother Voodoo.
- Karl Mordo or Dormammu.

Black Panther;
- Okoye.
- Killmonger.
- Man-Ape/M'Baku.

Captain Marvel;
- Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel.
- Monica Rambeau.

Magneto;
- Mystique.
- Pyro.
- Quicksilver.

Blade;
- Morbius.
- Frank Drake.

Psylocke;
- Rogue.
- Captain Britain.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#27  November 04, 2020, 09:07:46 pm
    • USA
@The Street Fighter
Not everyone will have assist. Only certain characters; generally lower tier. i.e. I gave Batman assists to balance out the game because he has no powers. Hulk? come on man, HULK NO NEED ASSISTS!! (Hulk voice) :llama:
#28  November 20, 2020, 10:49:17 am
    • USA
Ororo's almost here!

Plus, made changes to Clark's color scheme. I think it's fly (pun intended). :nuttrox:
#29  November 20, 2020, 10:39:15 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome! Storm is an epic character. Will there be a lot of similarity of her moves from the MVC games? Sorry if it's already been answered. Just started not too long ago to use her in the games.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#30  November 21, 2020, 03:56:17 am
    • USA
Awesome! Storm is an epic character. Will there be a lot of similarity of her moves from the MVC games? Sorry if it's already been answered. Just started not too long ago to use her in the games.

She has 2 core specials, (lightning sphere and whirlwind/typhoon) but the rest of her are new ideas. Plus her EX meter allows for special attack variations.
#31  December 01, 2020, 12:15:26 am
    • Indonesia
First of all, MAN I LOVE THIS!

@c00p && @GDPenguin Thanks!

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?

Regarding hovering or grounded, I'd say you can mix them both. But instead of grounded while idle and hovering while moving around, you can instead make him hovering while in full to half health and grounded while in below half health. This can apply to all characters, tho. So, they all have 2 stances, while they're fit and while they're "tired"
#32  December 01, 2020, 03:36:01 am
    • USA
First of all, MAN I LOVE THIS!

@c00p && @GDPenguin Thanks!

Been on my mind for a while so I took a quick break from Storm to pose Superman's stance. Trying to pick between the two. Hovering or grounded?
Also not sure if I want to implement a "flight" system. If I were to do so, then I'd use both (one for flight and one for grounded). Pondering  :???:

Opinions?

Regarding hovering or grounded, I'd say you can mix them both. But instead of grounded while idle and hovering while moving around, you can instead make him hovering while in full to half health and grounded while in below half health. This can apply to all characters, tho. So, they all have 2 stances, while they're fit and while they're "tired"

Thanks!

ahhhh...I did think about using "hurt" stances in the game but I never thought about using the hovering in that manner. Only thing with that is I'd have to basically make 2 sets of characters because at the end of most animation the character recovers into their stance. some animations even start from the stance as well. So I'd have to make 2 set of animations (GH,movement,attack,special,etc) for good health and another set for hurt. That's double the work. And I'm not sure but its possible that some of my characters may have a transformation. 1) I'm doing this solo I don't have the time to create extra work 2)using 3d animation takes up a lot of frames already, I've had to start my characters over like 10 times because of file size. I'm trying to keep frames down to a minimum.
Now, I could just ignore that and Just do the "hurt" animation by itself but then the other animations (i.e. a simple light punch) won't transition into the hurt animation smoothly, and I'm a stickler for detail, so.....idk

and to everyone, Here's a little taste of Ororo
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:24:57 am by MDCGD
#33  December 01, 2020, 10:08:02 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
pretty good moves... keep it up
#34  December 03, 2020, 09:50:38 pm
This is impressive, not often you see 3D Mugen stuff, everything looks fairly well animated, too.
#35  December 12, 2020, 05:33:06 pm
    • USA
@Anderson && Zeta Thanks.

:muttrox: :muttrox: :muttrox:

#36  December 21, 2020, 06:24:44 pm
    • USA
I really like Flash’s design here, liking the masked look concealing his face. Kinda evokes Kamen Rider here. I have a few suggestions for characters:

* Blackfire
* Terra
* Serpentina

A lot of very underused characters who deserve a chance at playability.
#37  January 10, 2021, 02:43:02 am
    • USA
I really like Flash’s design here, liking the masked look concealing his face. Kinda evokes Kamen Rider here. I have a few suggestions for characters:

* Blackfire
* Terra
* Serpentina

A lot of very underused characters who deserve a chance at playability.

Thanks. I'm still working on alternate outfits for him, along with everyone else.

I know Terra from watching Teen Titans way back when....don't know the other two...got to do research.

update on the project
...fixed some coding bugs
....currently reworking mechanics and animations. Visually snappier attacks, steering away from the MK styled animation and leaning more on the SFV/MVC attack animation speed.

added Dizzy Stun probability that only applies to certain attacks.
Added random to Doomsday's Super Armor to balance him even further
Added a Supermove Icon similar to MVC
Added a Skill attribute for EX MAX meter feature. So when you're Meter is Maxed, each character will activate a skill that stays active as long as you remain maxed (i.e. Superman has health regen, Flash has 50% chance of auto Parry while in state0,etc.) This will add a level of strategy to your gameplay, deciding if you want to use your EX attacks or remain maxed to keep skill activated.
Changed Flash's Stance plus added one during EX Maxed out.

Old

New

EX Max

:muttrox:

#38  March 21, 2021, 12:02:26 am
    • USA
UPDATE: Flash, Doomsday,  Superman, and Storm gameplay! 99.9% completion.

Next up!

(not actual size of course)
#39  March 21, 2021, 12:34:26 am
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
very cool. Superman, Storm and Flash are the most cool! WonderWoman and Hulk are great aditions! Maybe one day i will sprite hulk for mugen and your Hulk can become a great base.
#40  April 02, 2021, 12:11:55 am
    • USA
very cool. Superman, Storm and Flash are the most cool! WonderWoman and Hulk are great aditions! Maybe one day i will sprite hulk for mugen and your Hulk can become a great base.

Thanks!But why would you need to sprite my character if he's already made though?