YesNoOk

How can I increase the strength and defence in a transformation? (Read 20941 times)

Started by Userman1490, July 07, 2021, 08:13:34 pm
Share this topic:
How can I increase the strength and defence in a transformation?
#1  July 07, 2021, 08:13:34 pm
There's a mod character from a Mugen game I downloaded, and I want to boost the strength and defence of each transformation of that character. The problem is that I don't know how to do it since there is not that much info out there.

I became aware that I needed to use "attackmulset" for this, in "state -2". But this mod doesn't have any "state -2". Should I add one? If so, in which part of the character file should I add this code for this to work? And what about the defence stats?

Help will be very appreciated.  :)
Re: How can I increase the strength and defence in a transformation?
#2  July 08, 2021, 08:11:27 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Attackmulset and defensemulset are the 2 normal things to use. You normally crewte state -2 in a cns file. Be very sure you have checked EVERY file for statedef -2 as if you create 2 mugen will only use one of them causing either your new code not to work or to simply break the character

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  July 08, 2021, 02:42:18 pm
    • Ukraine
I've seen statedef -2 and -3 in AI file, sometimes .cns. But that is for JUS style chars.
#4  July 08, 2021, 07:54:21 pm
Okay, I guess I understood a bit of what you are saying.

However, what's this "trigger1 =" and "value"?

I guess the value is the multiplier? And what should I put in "trigger1"?

I'm a bit new with this stuff, which is why I don't understand some things.

Edit: Also another thing, yes, I do have statedef -2 in the AI File of the character. Do I have to remove it for my code to work or should it stay as it is?
Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 08:32:13 pm by Userman1490
#5  July 09, 2021, 01:08:06 pm
    • Ukraine
Okay, I guess I understood a bit of what you are saying.

However, what's this "trigger1 =" and "value"?

I guess the value is the multiplier? And what should I put in "trigger1"?

I'm a bit new with this stuff, which is why I don't understand some things.

Edit: Also another thing, yes, I do have statedef -2 in the AI File of the character. Do I have to remove it for my code to work or should it stay as it is?

It does not really matter where Statedef -2 is. Put your code there, under [Statedef -2] and that is it. We were just trying to help you find it.
And trigger1 is a condition when this code should be activated. You should put there the condition when this transformation is active.
Speaking about value, look here, you need to do it like here:

'value = attack_mul (float)
Specifies the desired multiplier. For instance, an attack_mul of 2 deals double damage.'

This is how it should look like for attack.

I suggest you having a look at Mugen docs on this forum. There are a lot of useful info about everything.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-mugen-docs-master-thread-168949.0.html
#6  July 09, 2021, 09:15:36 pm
Thanks everyone for your help. I tried it this time and it worked! I now understand a bit more about this thanks to the guide.

However, there's another small problem. Two of the transformations of the mod don't seem to have any effect, even when I apply them the codes. I searched every file if there isn't a "statedef -2" and there were no files that feature it.

Just one to point out one thing though, these two transformations are activated with a different keyboard control than the ones before them. However, the ones after these two are activated with the same key, yet their stats work fine.

Do you know what could be happening here?
New #7  July 18, 2021, 11:33:43 am
    • USA
    • hamalto1990@yahoo.com
Thanks everyone for your help. I tried it this time and it worked! I now understand a bit more about this thanks to the guide.

However, there's another small problem. Two of the transformations of the mod don't seem to have any effect, even when I apply them the codes. I searched every file if there isn't a "statedef -2" and there were no files that feature it.

Just one to point out one thing though, these two transformations are activated with a different keyboard control than the ones before them. However, the ones after these two are activated with the same key, yet their stats work fine.

Do you know what could be happening here?

what is the name of your characters

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

transformation characters are nomrally set by varibles
base form will be like var(1)= 0
ssj var(1) = 2
ssj2 var(1) = 3

[State -2, AttackMulSet]
type = AttackMulSet
trigger1 = var(1) = 2
trigger2 = parent,var(1) = 2  "this so your projectiles/helper attacks can be modified"
value = 3.5

and for  defense i normally use this, defense mul set don't work that well and only works on the second combo

[State -2, lifeadd support]
type = LifeAdd
trigger1 = var(1) = 2
value = floor(0.01*gethitvar(damage))

[State 0, SSJ_DefenceMulSet_simulate]
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = var(1) = 2
trigger1 = 1
trigger1 = movetype = H
trigger2=sysvar(4)=gametime*1836
trigger3=movetype=H||stateno=[5000,5150]
value= 0.68*fvar(8)

[State -2, Combo]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
fvar(8) = (GetHitVar(damage))
ignorehitpause = 1

the only problem with this is it reduce the by the percentage of your current hp so when your at low hp your character can be really tanky

oh if there is no state -2 you can add one in there
statedef -2 but if there is another  statedef with the same number exist the one set on top will take priority and the only one to work  if its an a different cns
the first cns file well take priority

if you look in def file it should be like this
bascially in numerical order will take priority
st = All Might.cns
st1 = IA.cns
st2 = Specials.cns
st3 = Supers.cns
Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 11:51:55 am by coldskin1