YesNoOk

How to make combo in A/EX grooves (Read 2354 times)

Started by demongorne, October 09, 2020, 04:37:44 pm
Share this topic:
How to make combo in A/EX grooves
#1  October 09, 2020, 04:37:44 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
The problem is always the same - I need to make a cvs2 combos in my chars cns properly

here's the code that activate the combo in statedef 870, first off i want the combo will stop when p2 has the guard up, the other issue is p1 goes through p2 during the attack.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:08:32 am by Odb718
Re: How to make combo in A/EX grooves
#2  October 10, 2020, 11:22:15 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
90% of the time when P1 goes through P2 during an attack it's a combination of Width and the actual animation. The other 10% involves PlayerPush or PosSet/VelSet. Your move seems to have the ability to have all the problems except PlayerPush.

Look up Width in Mugen Class. That'll give you some insight. You'll also want to check the blue clsn boxes while playing. You can use Ctrl+C to bring them up in game. Watch what they're doing and see when the problem occurs. You may want to adjust the clsn boxes in the animation, or adjust the width so the problem doesn't happen.

Also, you'll want to learn how to consolodate chunks of code. I haven't dug through the hitdefs, but I feel like some would be so similar you could just add a trigger2 and trigger3 and so on. Like your code for VelSet could be reduced down to :
for those animelems. If everything is the same except the trigger uses a different number, just add another trigger. I think your hitdefs could be the exact same. It might help with the combo system also.

If you're trying to find out if P2 is guarding, EnemyNear,StateNo should be a trigger you could check.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  October 10, 2020, 06:27:59 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
First off thank you  for answered, so what i should  change or add into the code? Basically I want that P1 quit the combo when p2 has the parry on and secondly I want to fix the bug of p1 goes through p2 or even backward during the combo attack.
#4  October 12, 2020, 07:09:56 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So the going backwards, I think you're referring to this chunk of the hitdef
You'll want to look in Mugen Class and read the HitDef. There's a ton of info, so it's way better for you to read that instead of me missing something. It's one of the major parts of mugen so it's good if you get familiar with it.

Did you read up on Width in Mugen Class? You'll probably need to add that. Were the blue boxes overlapping while fighting?

As for the combo, You'll probably need a way to check if P2 is in the blocking state. If P2 isn't blocking and you've started the combo, then you'd change your variable(s) that tell P1 its doing the groove combo. Dig through some characters that have this option. I'd think there'd be a post or two about this in tricks or code library.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  October 14, 2020, 06:05:37 pm
    • USA
Hi I make plenty of CvS2 chars, I've actually fixed some issues in A-Groove custom combos that Warusaki3 overlooked. What is it exactly you need? Because you actually need to have invincibility frames even after CC activation.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place