YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 609381 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#1  February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Hello everyone in the Mugen Community:

For those who don't remember me, here is a link of what I did several yeas ago, and what I am mostly known for. That was my latest update (and the link to get her still works, to my surprise).

Anyway, after being away from MUGEN for so long, I happened to find out the community still exist. I am amazed on how much it has evolved. So, I decided to try and finish updating Cammy, which I could not do back then. Here are some before/after images of what I have done:

I'm working on some details that are too small to notice (like adding her nose to some sprites), created an updated version of her SSF2 stance, doing detail job on her muscle tones on her outfit (mostly not done on her original release), and correcting some errors that (again) are not that simple to notice (like areas that were painted incorrectly, or left from the original sprites).

I am removing the Red areas on her boots, because I want to try to give Cammy her Military Boots, and since I have the original files, I can revert them, so it would be simpler to work on the new look.

[UPDATE]
In case no one has noticed, I am making her Delta Red insignia bigger.  :catgoi:

GOALS:
At Least: I can make this Cammy to be the most detailed and functional as possible (Main Goal).
At Most: I can give her the classic SSF2 look with her Military Boots (the proverbial 'easier said than done' issue).

Any advice or information that anyone can give to help me finish her, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will keep you updated.

Best regards.
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 02:21:40 pm by Tiger-Boy
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#2  February 09, 2022, 03:41:42 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
You, sir, now have my attention. I was looking for someone to commission Delta Red Cammy with her combat boots so that I can make her as well. I will be keeping an eye on this and I will be looking forward to the release.
#3  February 09, 2022, 09:42:53 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  February 09, 2022, 10:36:06 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I can see the subtle details you edited, and this is going in the right direction!!
I just want to avoid her to become too muscular.
(the way she is designed in SSF2 is already perfect in term of proportions, muscles... And I always thought SFA version lacked a bit of muscle definition)

Glad you started working on the boots.
Actually before, I tred someting similar as you, but I was thinking about moving down the height of boots.
= redraw skin over the red socks area. Then redaraw socks and boots details lower.

If I remember well, SSF2 cammy boots are shorter.
But I think the result could be a mix up of SSF2 and SFV... This way, it would look perfect.

Some references :
One of the best references: (even if the boots are a bit too short in her old design here)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
To compare :
SSF2--SFV
SFV boots are not that bad, but a bit too "wide"... I prefered when her boots were more tight around her ankles.

Some nice customs by ScrollBoss (check the boots height)
SSF2 VS SFV

(As a very rough test of proportions/design)
In the past, as a test, I tried to frankensprite some SSF2 lower leg part area to "modern" Cammy.
It's not that bad, but still looks strange (like the boots are too short or something)

I think something close to that would make it. (boots length only... I still think to boots are too wide here.)
Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 01:27:14 pm by Momotaro
#5  February 09, 2022, 02:55:09 pm
If you're not aware, there's an update that RagingRowen and DeathScythe did to your edit and fixed a lot of things:

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/big-akuma-update-rowens-pots-edits-186725.0.html

Older Releases and Updates (Pre-May 2021 and further back) > Cammy (Delta Red) by Varo_Hades and Chuchoryu, Private Edit by DeathScythe

Thank you so much for this! I had no idea!

I will go check her out. Perhaps I don't need to update her that much.

Thanks again!

I can see the subtle details you edited, and this is going in the right direction!!
I just want to avoid her to become too muscular.
(the way she is designed in SSF2 is already perfect in term of proportions, muscles... And I always thought SFA version lacked a bit of muscle definition)

Glad you started working on the boots.
Actually before, I tred someting similar as you, but I was thinking about moving down the height of boots.
= redraw skin over the red socks area. Then redaraw socks and boots details lower.

If I remember well, SSF2 cammy boots are shorter.
But I think the result could be a mix up of SSF2 and SFV... This way, it would look perfect.

The idea of editing her in the first place was because the original stand had no abdominal marked. And this let me to update most of her sprites years ago. So, making her too muscular is not an issue, since her drawing is more of a SFA/CvS design.

I always felt this char had a lot of potential, which led me to update her sprites. And my goal was to give her the look with the military boots. And I still feel the same way today.

The design Varo has in his profile picture should be the right way to go.

I'll check her new update and see how I can help.

For now, here are some GIFs of her stands (SFIV and SSF2):

Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 03:03:30 pm by Tiger-Boy
#6  February 09, 2022, 03:56:00 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#7  February 09, 2022, 04:42:23 pm
    • USA

You can also use the one I commissioned too.
#8  February 09, 2022, 05:32:13 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Damn, this is looking GREAT! Good job!
#9  February 09, 2022, 07:06:43 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

You can also use the one I commissioned too.

Oh yes, I remember these sprites. Too bad the spriter cannot keep up with a full sprite set.
His work have quality.

Even if there is some flaws about design and details. Like hat position, head position too.
Or the giant boots and slightly too "rounded" feet.

Same for the camo, it looks a bit too "present" or "systematic".

Sorry, my broken english can make this message weird. ^^;
#10  February 09, 2022, 09:03:35 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
#11  February 09, 2022, 09:21:02 pm

#12  February 09, 2022, 09:25:51 pm
    • USA
Oh yes, I remember these sprites. Too bad the spriter cannot keep up with a full sprite set.
His work have quality.

It is a shame. I've tried messaging him on Discord countless of times, but I just couldn't send it because Discord kept giving me errors, mainly for when I message just him. So it is possible that he just took the money and bounced, never giving me updates on the walk animation.

Sorry, my broken english can make this message weird. ^^;

You're okay. Even though English is my birth language, it is kinda broken in social media.
#13  February 10, 2022, 02:16:35 am
Ok, so...

I managed to check some of the updated versions of Cammy Delta Red, and it's amazing. Color separated pallets, fixed issues with codes, (which was an issue back then), more voices, and more. However, I was chocked when I saw... THIS!

The reason I am shocked, it's because all that hard work from many talented people, was based on a previous version back then of the char, and not the latest. This is because I thought that I provided the latest update, and this is not the case. I even mentioned it on the forum 7 years ago, and even provided this image:

Now, looking forward, I have made my mind about what I will do.

PHASE 1:
I will finish editing the classic Cammy Delta Red, since I am already half way on doing so. Once this is done, I will try to update her codes as much as I can, and release her (No Boots Yet).

PHASE 2:
I will then go to the new version of Cammy, and edit the new color-separated sprites, using the previous Cammy as a reference. From this one I will work on making her boots (or at least try).

((I'll wait until Phase 1 is accomplished, and get feedback first, before making a choice about what to do next.))

I'll continue to keep you guys updated.

Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:31:36 am by Tiger-Boy
#14  February 10, 2022, 08:25:37 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
awesome job man!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#15  February 10, 2022, 08:58:43 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Oh, I see.
A shame you have to do the work twice! ^^

Hope the 1st phase will not take too much time.

I understand... nothing worse than working on something, then notice that people used you older work to make improvement such as CS etc.
Than you new work is kind of "outdated"

Also, worst of worst to me is working on some improvement and when I release it, someone alread did it.
I always prefer to combine work instead of working separately ^^;

This is also why I don't work on popular characters. even if I like Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Cammy...
#16  February 10, 2022, 12:35:07 pm

Also, worst of worst to me is working on some improvement and when I release it, someone alread did it.
I always prefer to combine work instead of working separately ^^;

I agree with you, which is why I chose to announce what I am doing, rather than to keep it to myself, and then have someone else do the same.

Just as it happened here. I announce what I was doing, and ZolidSone informed me that there was an update. So, thanks to him and this information, I know what to do.  :bjugoi:

#17  February 11, 2022, 05:14:04 am
Today I took a break from Sprite-editing, and did an experiment.

One of the mayor issues with Cammy when she was originally released, was her Coding/AI.

Since DeathScythe seems to have been the most known to have worked on this issue, I tried to emulate Cammy's update, into this version.

I placed the WIP SFF file and pallets on the updated version, did some small editing/updating of my own.

So far, the experiment is a success. I managed to place the updated coding for this Cammy.

There might be some details to work on, but it is far less than before.

I also took time and organize and clean up her folder.

That is all for now.  :bjugoi:

#18  February 11, 2022, 10:18:49 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Great great great!
This is going in the right way!!!
#19  February 13, 2022, 10:36:14 pm
Hello again everyone!

Here is another update.

I have continued to work on each sprite, in detail as much as I can.

I also have worked on her Midnight Bliss. She had her regular 2-images, but I wanted to add the decomposition animation.  >:D

So, I got this from the net;

Worked it up a bit, and now she has her full Midnight Bliss with decomposition:

At this moment, this animation does Not share the paletts colors (yet). I may need to learn how to do so.

That is all for now. Let me know what you think, and share any advice.

Best regards.

Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 10:54:47 pm by Tiger-Boy
#20  February 13, 2022, 10:56:25 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Been lurking on this thread since you created it, so, I have to step in to say that this is looking great, I love your attention to detail on the sprites! Can't wait to see the final result (no rush, hehe).
I'm mainly interested in the military boots but is nice to see that you're working on small details too. They make a huge difference.

For sprites sharing color, is not that hard, this might help you:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/easy-quick-color-separation-tutorial-149123.0.html
But instead of applying a new color, you'll do the opposite, you'll apply the colors that are already in the palette (her skin, clothes, etc.).

Keep on going! :)