MUGEN Commission (Read 5707 times)

Started by axreaper, August 23, 2016, 11:58:00 pm
Share this topic:
MUGEN Commission
#1  August 23, 2016, 11:58:00 pm
    • UK
Hi peeps,

Hope all of you are having a good day!

I'm looking for someone (or a group of people?) who would be interested in the following project, that is going to be a rather long-term project:

I'm looking to get a few characters from the Strip Fighter series (SF5 and Ultra Strip Fighter IV, specifically) for MUGEN.

Going to add a few details to help elaborate on this:
- Characters should be close to their original style, wherever possible
- I will provide the individual ripped high-quality sprites in .png along with sounds, and palettes
- Would have some NSFW stuff, particularly in the form of a sexy KO resulting in clothing/armor strip (in line with the original games). No sex/rape stuff required though
- Would want the character AI to be rather balanced and similar to each other (i,e, they fight at a level similar to each other)

To get an idea about the game, you can just google for videos etc. (if you need links, would be more than happy to help), assuming you don't already know about the series?

Kindly let me know how much you would like to charge, considering there are going to be a number of them and there will be an element of going up the learning curve in it for you as developers/coders (currently thinking of around 10-15 or so over the term). We can even agree a bulk amount which can be paid on agreed-upon milestones. Some prepayment can be done as well per character/milestone if you can instill sufficient confidence in me through your portfolio etc.!

My current expectation for a character completion would be around 30 days. Would like intermediary updates in between with regards to the progress.

The prices and timelines are negotiable within reason, and I am more than happy to talk to you about them. You would find me to be a rather reasonable and logical person, and I expect the same from your side to ensure this goes smoothly!

Should this be something of interest to you, please feel free to get in touch with me and we can discuss business. :)

P.S. Mods: I hope I've posted this in the correct section, and this is not against the rules? Please feel free to relocate the topic to its appropriate home.
Re: MUGEN Commission
#2  August 24, 2016, 12:04:27 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#3  August 24, 2016, 12:07:26 am
    • UK
#4  August 24, 2016, 12:17:01 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Take a look at at some of the well made MUGEN characters around these corners, they take MUCH longer than that. And add to it the graphical work needed, and it'll take even longer.

Take Majin Vegeta Z2 for example. Work on him, graphics/coding wise started 3 yrs ago. He was only released 11 months ago.

So yeah, 30 days for a MUGEN character, and this is assuming that the chars you want created don't have any existing graphics, is COMPLETELY unrealistic, m8. And even if graphics for chars do exist, it's still unrealistic, considering that most ppl have real lives to go about, and the fact is that a char coded in 30 days would probably be really shitty/broken/etc.

So yeah, if you really want a well made character to be coded in MUGEN, you'll have to wait a while, even if you are paying.
This is a generic forum signature.
#5  August 24, 2016, 12:26:39 am
    • UK
Take a look at at some of the well made MUGEN characters around these corners, they take MUCH longer than that. And add to it the graphical work needed, and it'll take even longer.

Take Majin Vegeta Z2 for example. Work on him, graphics/coding wise started 3 yrs ago. He was only released 11 months ago.

So yeah, 30 days for a MUGEN character, and this is assuming that the chars you want created don't have any existing graphics, is COMPLETELY unrealistic, m8. And even if graphics for chars do exist, it's still unrealistic, considering that most ppl have real lives to go about, and the fact is that a char coded in 30 days would probably be really shitty/broken/etc.

So yeah, if you really want a well made character to be coded in MUGEN, you'll have to wait a while, even if you are paying.

Well I am actually providing the ripped sprites, as stated in my post above :)

Further, it gets a bit easier as you can replicate the sprite groups in MUGEN based on the grouping per the FM2K for the original game (though it will not replicate 100%). Which sprite images are applicable to which moves can also be taken from the FM2K coding/grouping.

I understand your point though if everything needed to be done from scratch, but I believe this is mostly coding-related and a replication, as the sprites are already present and at most would only need minor tweaks?

I do already have an offer by the way with a range of 30-45 days from a veteran coder who has been on the scene since 2000, with quite a few characters and stages to their credit, so apparently people don't think it's that unreasonable?

Do appreciate your candid opinion though!
#6  August 24, 2016, 12:34:31 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah 30 days might be hard for the very first character, sicne that one will also require a lto of system work adn what not; but once the first character is gotten out of the way the rest should be much faster sicne a lot of the data will just get replicated from the first one.
#7  August 24, 2016, 12:39:23 am
    • UK
yeah 30 days might be hard for the very first character, sicne that one will also require a lto of system work adn what not; but once the first character is gotten out of the way the rest should be much faster sicne a lot of the data will just get replicated from the first one.

That sounds quite reasonable!
#8  August 24, 2016, 01:04:43 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Just for the sake of curiosity:

1 - which chars do you intend to see converted?

2 - since Strip IV and Strip V have different system, would you rather have each character having

- his/her original style, or
- all of them with Strip V-like gameplay, or
- all of them with  Strip IV-like gameplay or
- all of them with both gameplays available and freely toggleable?
#9  August 24, 2016, 01:16:45 am
    • UK
Just for the sake of curiosity:

1 - which chars do you intend to see converted?

2 - since Strip IV and Strip V have different system, would you rather have each character having

- his/her original style, or
- all of them with Strip V-like gameplay, or
- all of them with  Strip IV-like gameplay or
- all of them with both gameplays available and freely toggleable?

Honored to have you respond to this topic Zzyzzyxx - have played your Amanda from SSFIV; that is one hell of a character! :)

1) I was thinking to start with 4 from SF-V: Hibiki, Kurasawa, Ranko and Tina - a bit on the fence regarding Yuki, since there is one already available from SF4, just doesn't have sexy KO, which shouldn't take a lot of work to add I believe? Could go her too, since her attire is improved and I think the sprites are a bit better quality as well

2) I'm not super picky on the gameplay, as long as they get to retain some of their signature moves from either of SFIV or V, specially their finishers/special moves/strip moves. Outside of this, I'm actually willing to sacrifice a bit of the original gameplay if it has a big impact on the cost and/or time. Otherwise, would definitely prefer them to be as close to their originals as possible.

For consistency purposes, I think the gameplay could be either of the two between SFIV or SFV, whichever the coder finds easier to code. The moves of course wouldn't overlap, since the 4 are new in SF 5 I think. Yuki can use either of her sets, didn't really note much of a big difference between 4 and 5 for her?

Should you have any further clarifications or questions, please feel free to ask :)
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:25:46 am by axreaper
#10  August 27, 2016, 04:24:17 pm
    • Thailand
I charge 1000 dollars a character. 1/2 up front.
#11  August 27, 2016, 04:54:44 pm
    • UK
#12  August 27, 2016, 08:08:36 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
You know, Rajaa is being serious. Any coder who checked his SF3 Necro and Urien will agree that they are among the most technically perfect (if not the most technical ones) in the entire Mugen environment. And both Necro and Urien were made as commissions.

As for me, I really would like helping you. I mean, converting R-18 chars for Mugen is something that I legitimatelly enjoy. I could convert chars who I like, like Ranko, and I would receive $$$ for that. And I'm really in need of $$$.

The only thing that impedes me to accept your offer is that I don't have a credit card, or a Paypal account, or anything like that, that allows me to conclude the payment operations.

I really would like seeing somebody accepting your offer. Truth is that not many coders are willingful to accpet working on an R-18 project, let alone GOOD coders.

I'm in the process of updating Amanda. Not bug-fixes, I'm actually improving the behavior some of her features. She could be used as a template for a coder intending to make Strip IV-styled chars. And I definitely would be helpful in the creation and testing process.

That's it. For real-life reasons I can't accept your offer, but if somebody accepts it, I can gladly offer some assist here and there.
#13  August 27, 2016, 10:02:48 pm
    • UK
#14  August 28, 2016, 12:19:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You know, Rajaa is being serious. Any coder who checked his SF3 Necro and Urien will agree that they are among the most technically perfect (if not the most technical ones) in the entire Mugen environment. And both Necro and Urien were made as commissions.

As for me, I really would like helping you. I mean, converting R-18 chars for Mugen is something that I legitimatelly enjoy. I could convert chars who I like, like Ranko, and I would receive $$$ for that. And I'm really in need of $$$.

The only thing that impedes me to accept your offer is that I don't have a credit card, or a Paypal account, or anything like that, that allows me to conclude the payment operations.

I really would like seeing somebody accepting your offer. Truth is that not many coders are willingful to accpet working on an R-18 project, let alone GOOD coders.

I'm in the process of updating Amanda. Not bug-fixes, I'm actually improving the behavior some of her features. She could be used as a template for a coder intending to make Strip IV-styled chars. And I definitely would be helpful in the creation and testing process.

That's it. For real-life reasons I can't accept your offer, but if somebody accepts it, I can gladly offer some assist here and there.

there's such a  thing as western union/moneygram.
#15  August 28, 2016, 12:39:51 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
And wire transfers, like literlaly bank account transfers between countries, theres no reason why anyone would need a credit card to do those either.

And its not like getting a paypal account is something crazy hard, anyone can set one up in like ten minutes and in a couple of days connect it to a bank account.
#16  August 28, 2016, 01:56:39 am
    • UK
Yup yup, I've suggested both to him - Let's see :)