YesNoOk

Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins, CvTW Version) (Read 188657 times)

Started by Sean Altly, November 07, 2012, 08:46:28 am
Share this topic:
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins, CvTW Version)
#1  November 07, 2012, 08:46:28 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

(scaled in-game to CVS proportions)

So I've decided to use Acey's sprites along with a ton of edits in order to include Arthur in CvTW. His moveset will be completely different from the EoH version, and heavily-inspired-by-but-not-completely-accurate to MVC3 (much like my Haggar). To be up front, I don't have much experience with the G'n'G games, so most of my Arthur knowledge is based on his MVC3 appearance.

Here's some screens, followed by his planned moveset.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Gameplay

-I'm taking a note from MVC3 and making him a total keepaway/zoning guy. He has no dashes and a relatively short jump. He does have a couple of moves to move him forward, but otherwise, it's more about staying put or retreating while raining projectiles down on your opponent. He has low health and slow walk speed. EX Moves are up in the air depending on whether I try to do his Armor system or not, read the NOTES under the moveset for more details on that.

Unique Tactic

-Dagger Toss - S Button (also in air)
    -Press the button repeatedly to throw up to three in quick succession. The UT bar drains by 1 stock only for the FIRST dagger in a series. Low damage (25 each) but highly spammable.

Command Moves

-Lance Rush - F+HK
    -Arthur scurries forward with his Lance outward. Used to apply pressure and close gaps between his opponent and him.

-Aerial Lance Thrust - F+HK in air
    -Arthur's normal jumping HK is a downward Lance stab, like his S Attack in MVC3. This attack is a straight-forward lance stab that is useful for mid-air combat.

Special Moves

-Crossbow Shot - QCF+LK (also in air)
     -Arthur fires two bolts from his crossbow at a slightly upward angle.

-Lance Toss - QCF+HK (also in air)
     -Classic Lance throw. Can throw two in quick succession by tapping the LK button again.

-Scythe Toss - QCF+LP (also in air)
     -Throws a short scythe forward, which flies back to Arthur hitting the opponent a second time.

-Axe Toss - QCF+HP (also in air)
     -Throws an axe. Only one can be thrown but has a huge hit radius.

-Fire Bottle Toss - QCB+P (also in air)
     -Throws a fire-bottle out at an arch. When it lands it creates a small wave of flames on the ground. HP version has a high arch and hangtime, but creates longer wave of flames. LP version throws farther at shorter arch, but only creates a small wave of flames.

-Shield Counter - QCB+K
     -Arthur blocks an incoming attack with his shield, and counters with a strong sword slash. LK counters low attacks, HK counters high/air attacks.

-Golden Slash - DP+P
     -A strong sword slash with a large hit radius.

Super Moves

Level 1 - Goddess Bracelet - QCF+S
     -Arthur uses a magical bracelet to fire a continuous stream of fireballs at his opponent. Can jump up and down during the move to counter jumping opponents, like in MVC3.

Level 1 - Golden Armor - QCB+S
     -Arthur dons his Gold Armor, which enhances the properties and damage of all his projectiles. Lasts about 20 seconds (going by my MVC3 Vanilla guide).

Level 3 - For the Princess! - DP+S
     -Arthur uses magic to create screen-filling explosions and a huge dragon to damage his opponent.

NOTES (Please READ before suggesting things):

Due to sprite limitations, I probably won't be incorporating his armor system into gameplay. I know it's a signature Arthur thing, but it's just not practical for me right now. I may be able to use Remappal to change his palette to a gold armor palette, and then have his attacks be enhanced during this, but he wouldn't break down to his undies afterwards like in MVC3, so it may end up unbalanced and thus not worth including. I could incorporate his armor stuff into win poses and intros, as well. I could also use one of Acey/Sludge's Supers for his other Level 1. They had a generic auto-combo (which I won't use), but also a move where Arthur rode back and forth on a horse (is this accurate to the character?) and another where he got some upgraded armor but then did a Skullo-Energy/Kikousho type move, which always seemed off to me (but could be totally accurate since I have little experience with the G'n'G games).

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:39:40 am by Sean Altly
Re: Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins, CvTW Version)
#2  November 07, 2012, 08:57:31 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I did not see this coming! (or I did, but not now lol)... Nice!, Looking forward to see Arthur in CVS Style! Good luck Sean ;)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:01:03 am by Mr.Snitch

DW

#3  November 07, 2012, 09:13:14 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
NOTES (Please READ before suggesting things):

Due to sprite limitations, I probably won't be incorporating his armor system into gameplay. I know it's a signature Arthur thing, but it's just not practical for me right now. I may be able to use Remappal to change his palette to a gold armor palette, and then have his attacks be enhanced during this, but he wouldn't break down to his undies afterwards like in MVC3, so it may end up unbalanced and thus not worth including. I could incorporate his armor stuff into win poses and intros, as well. I could also use one of Acey/Sludge's Supers for his other Level 1. They had a generic auto-combo (which I won't use), but also a move where Arthur rode back and forth on a horse (is this accurate to the character?) and another where he got some upgraded armor but then did a Skullo-Energy/Kikousho type move, which always seemed off to me (but could be totally accurate since I have little experience with the G'n'G games).

Why would that be unbalanced? His Golden Armor super? Just because he won't get weakened/break down into his underwear after it's time is up shouldn't stop you from adding it imo. Just balance it out to commendate for a MUGEN perspective...

-Cut the amount of time it lasts down compared to MVC3
-Don't buff his atk/potential as much as it gets buffed in MVC3

The breaking down into his undies aspect is nice, but isn't nessecary at all. The Golden Armor super is accurate/practical to the gaming source though. Riding a horse? Not accurate to any of his GnG games whatsoever, but is practical with him being a Knight and all. The armor energy bubble thing? I don't remember him ever having any type of shield/technique like that in GnG, so I'd say no, it's not accurate. Though still practical/befitting of Arthur some what. Much more so then the horse thing. If it were me, I'd just stick with the Golden Armor super, balancing it for MUGEN standards. The underwear thing isn't even an issue imo, I wouldn't even concern myself with that. Anyone wants to complain about it, let them. Just do what you do.

Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:16:17 am by DivineWolf
#4  November 07, 2012, 03:05:05 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Let's start from the beginning:

To be up front, I don't have much experience with the G'n'G games, so most of my Arthur knowledge is based on his MVC3 appearance.

Believe me, his UMvC3 appearance covers absolutely everything he does in the games.

but also a move where Arthur rode back and forth on a horse (is this accurate to the character?)

He rides the horse on the intro of Ghouls N' Ghosts.

and another where he got some upgraded armor but then did a Skullo-Energy/Kikousho type move, which always seemed off to me (but could be totally accurate since I have little experience with the G'n'G games).

From Ghouls N' Ghosts onwards, he gained the ability to do a Item Crash whenever he equipped the Golden Armor, by holding down the attack button.

Since you don't have experience with the games, I believe some videos could help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhyjrXVhzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ta6YDWDPjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvOt_07p-o
#5  November 07, 2012, 04:57:52 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!
Well a long time ago on a dreamcast far far away, Arthur made an appearence in a game called Cannon Spike.
This game was a top down shooter, and he had a fairly new and awesome design. I came up with an idea for a hyper after playing this game long ago so maybe you could use it:

Basically he transforms and shoots a huge beam out of his lance.

Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:06:13 pm by Koju-kun
#6  November 07, 2012, 06:51:18 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@DivineWolf

Well, I just assumed they had the undies portion of that move as a balance measure, so I assumed without it, it might be unbalanced. I guess I can still do something like that.

@Magma Dragoon Mk II

That's actually really helpful. When you say "Item Crash," is that the thing he's doing in the second video where he holds his fist up and lightning comes down and out aroung him? If so, I guess that move that Acey made wasn't all that inaccurate after all. I would still make it look more like it does in the game, using lightning bolts instead of a bubble, but still, that's right there in the game and would be very easy to do.

@Koju-kun

Whoa, that's really cool. I think I'll use those, but not for the beam, I'll use them to make the above super. Thanks!

Download Last Bout now!
#7  November 07, 2012, 06:55:07 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

If you want to incorporate helpers IMO it would be fun...kinda like with Jill in MvC2.

GnG is a game of many creatures...Zombies, Gargoyles, Man Eating Plants, Ball and chain wielding Cyclops, etc.

There's even a wizard that turns you into different things...a frog, a baby, or a skeleton.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#8  November 07, 2012, 07:12:30 pm
arthur's armor breaking could be implemented as his ko animation if anything, absolutely not worth an entire spriteset

DW

#9  November 07, 2012, 07:21:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, I just assumed they had the undies portion of that move as a balance measure, so I assumed without it, it might be unbalanced. I guess I can still do something like that.

I'm not certain, though Arthur may get a bit weaker defensively after performing said super. The undies thing is purely cosmetic in terms of MVC3. When Arthur takes a hit in GnG, with armor, he loses his armor and is just left in his undies. Get hit with no armor, and you die. It's not really nessecary at all, just a homage to the original game Capcom threw in there. Compensating for this in a different manner should be fine imo.

@Magma Dragoon Mk II

That's actually really helpful. When you say "Item Crash," is that the thing he's doing in the second video where he holds his fist up and lightning comes down and out aroung him? If so, I guess that move that Acey made wasn't all that inaccurate after all. I would still make it look more like it does in the game, using lightning bolts instead of a bubble, but still, that's right there in the game and would be very easy to do.

If the Item Crash ability is anything like Richter's ability from Rondo of Blood, the the ability itself depends on which weapon Arthur currently has. The energy shield may have very well been a Item Crash ability, perhaps when he uses it equipped with the Holy Flame(Torch). I'm not certain though... Your best bet would be to look up a showcase of his Item Crash ability. If it is dependant on what weapon he has equipped, you could just pick the one you like the best.

If you want to incorporate helpers IMO it would be fun...kinda like with Jill in MvC2.

GnG is a game of many creatures...Zombies, Gargoyles, Man Eating Plants, Ball and chain wielding Cyclops, etc.

There's even a wizard that turns you into different things...a frog, a baby, or a skeleton.

This doesn't suit Arthur at all. It didn't suit Jill or make any kind of sense either for her to summon summon zombies/dogs/ravens/Tyrant as helpers. I personally feel Capcom copped out on what Jill should have been like. Does she play nice? Yes. But does it actually suit her? No. They did really well with Chris though in MVC3. Helpers in that regard suit Firebrand, but not Arthur. Arthur has a arsenal of weapons at his disposal. Which suit his character spot on. I'm not knocking your suggestion, just giving my opinion on it. This is the equivalent of Mario summoning Goombas/Koopa Troopers to assist him. Or Sonic summoning Robotnik's various Badnik robots. While it could work, as it did with Jill, it's quite a ass-backwards concept. Fighting game or not, doesn't really excuse what they did with Jill imo.
Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:24:28 pm by DivineWolf
#10  November 07, 2012, 07:24:28 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

No its cool...you have a valid point there.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#11  November 07, 2012, 07:32:24 pm
It didn't suit Jill or make any kind of sense either for her to summon summon zombies/dogs/ravens/Tyrant as helpers.
She wasn't summoning them, they were attacking her and she was dodging them. It's a very big difference, and it makes perfect sense. Whatshisface the journalist from that other zombie game who covered wars did the same thing in MvC3 (not Chris).
On paper I see nothing fundamentally wrong with using the same thing with Arthur, but it would require some mise en scène.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:37:35 pm by DKDC

DW

#12  November 07, 2012, 07:37:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
She wasn't summoning them, they were attacking her and she was dodging them. It's a very big difference, and it makes perfect sense. Whatshisface the journalist from that other zombie game who covered wars did the same thing in MvC3 (not Chris).

Can they really harm/hinder her? No, they can't. So saying she's "dodging" them is not valid at all. Frank West can actually be hindered by his zombie helpers. This would have at least been a bit more practical for Jill. However, in Dead Rising, Frank does those things in game to a degree. Once again, this is practical for Frank West. Jill didn't even have a dodge function in RE1. It doesn't make sense at all.
#13  November 07, 2012, 07:38:44 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Divine Wolf

No, in MVC3 when you lose the armor you take a bunch of extra damage, so it's not just cosmetic. You have to use another Super to upgrade back to Regular Armor just to keep from taking so much damage. The thing is, the Armor in MVC3 was primarily used to massively buff his assists anyway. I'm still considering the armor thing, having it work similarly to MVC3 (all of his specials would get better/new properties), but when times runs out on it he could just get knocked back and be vulnerable for a bit afterwards. Also, I agree with Byakko on Jill, I thought it made sense, well, as much sense as anything in a fighting game does. It was like they were always after her and she was dodging them. I like that Jill a million times more than flippy-floppy Jill from MVC3.

Edit: No, she didn't have a dodge function, but the ammo was scarce enough that you spent most of the game avoiding things rather than fighting them. It made sense to me. What would you have rather had? Her just using a bunch of guns?

Download Last Bout now!
#14  November 07, 2012, 07:40:11 pm
Can they really harm/hinder her? No, they can't. So saying she's "dodging" them is not valid at all. Frank West can actually be hindered by his zombie helpers. This would have at least been a bit more practical for Jill. However, in Dead Rising, Frank does those things in game to a degree. Once again, this is practical for Frank West. Jill didn't even have a dodge function in RE1. It doesn't make sense at all.
You are being WAY too anal retentive.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#15  November 07, 2012, 07:41:43 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Also wanted to note I don't plan on using creature helpers for Arthur, because Jill will have these and Arthur already has a ton of projectile options to keep his opponent away from him. It was a good suggestion though.

Download Last Bout now!
#16  November 07, 2012, 07:43:16 pm
If you're missing a Lv1 super it could always involve some zombies and random GnG creatures. But then that might become more work with the only purpose of showing off.

DW

#17  November 07, 2012, 07:44:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ah, I figured he did get weakened defensively. Well, w/e you decide is cool. And I'm not saying that Jill didn't play well in MVC2, I just feel personally it didn't suit her. Being proficient in weapons like Chris is in MVC3, that was what I was expecting when I first heard Jill would be in MVC2. Also, yeah, I'm not fond of MVC3 Jill myself lol. Not saying she's better than the MVC2 incarnate.

Posted: November 07, 2012, 07:45:48 pm
You are being WAY too anal retentive.

Nope, just voicing my opinion on the matter sir. You have yours, and I have mines.

#18  November 08, 2012, 02:32:38 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
@Magma Dragoon Mk II

If the Item Crash ability is anything like Richter's ability from Rondo of Blood, the the ability itself depends on which weapon Arthur currently has. The energy shield may have very well been a Item Crash ability, perhaps when he uses it equipped with the Holy Flame(Torch). I'm not certain though... Your best bet would be to look up a showcase of his Item Crash ability. If it is dependant on what weapon he has equipped, you could just pick the one you like the best.

This. The difference is that Richter doesn't need to charge and using his ability drains his heart gauge. Arthur can use it as long as he keeps the golden armor equipped. And yes, it varies depending on the weapon you're using.

Found a video showing them (unfortunately I couldn't find any decent video of the PSP version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Shx-e55wGo
Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:49:17 pm by Magma Dragoon MK II
#19  November 08, 2012, 02:51:01 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hopefully the lack of mobility doesn't make him an easy kill against Mr. X, because if he can't get away he'll be a fairly difficult opponent. You could probably balance this easily if you gave him some moves that break armor a bit easier than the other characters.
Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:55:00 pm by C-G-U
#20  November 08, 2012, 03:08:22 pm
He can spam the Dagger Toss 3 times in a row to break the super armor, but that's going to eat the UT bar fast. Lance Toss can be doubled, but that's not enough unless in a combo. It will probably need a big pushback. The Fire Bottle Toss could have the fire deal three hits quickly with a decent hitstun overall (counting all hits together).
#21  November 08, 2012, 06:26:49 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Step back, dagger, dagger, wait for him to get close, launcher, air combo guaranteed (armor always breaks on third hit) mixup with grabs and double lance, rinse, repeat, game won.  :)

Do i get a cookie?
#22  November 08, 2012, 06:29:31 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!
#23  November 08, 2012, 07:59:21 pm
#24  November 08, 2012, 08:16:34 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
^I guess we may just have to wait for a release to see how he plays, personally I still think he may end up at a larger disadvantage than the other characters against Mr. X with the simple fact that he's not very mobile, and is not good at close range.

@Sean
For his second level 1, why not make it something like Chris' Super from MVC3, where he pummels his opponent with an onslaught of attacks from his extensive arsenal.
#25  November 08, 2012, 09:11:39 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The second Level 1 will probably be the Armor Upgrade, though that's not a bad idea and would be easy to implement.

Also, you guys may be forgetting that the UT bar only drains with the FIRST dagger, so spamming three daggers won't use three UT stocks, just one. So, that means he'll have EIGHT opportunities right off the bat to break his armor, not to mention it refills with time. Also, Lance Toss will be good for eating the first two hits of super armor and it won't use bar (though it has more start-up and recovery than the dagger toss). He'll also have the scythe, which will hit once on the way out and once on the way in, and Arthur recovers early like in MVC3 so he'll have plenty of time to combo off the second hit.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  November 09, 2012, 12:37:36 am
    • USA
In other words Sean says i win.  :wiseguy:

HA! HA! HA!  :P
#27  November 09, 2012, 01:22:10 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Hmm, you could have the armor activate as part of a special too I guess, let's say along with his level 3, and maybe make it accessible only once per round, or have some sort of time limit until it vanishes.

As far as the dragons themselves, if you plan on making them appear briefly, maybe you can touch up and use sprites from Golden Sun, those are available on Spriters Resource and seem decent quality . I wasn't sure if you were just going to do the coloured explosions, or have them appear on screen but the link below is an example from the game itself, the animations are brief but I thought I'd at least give you an idea.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#28  November 17, 2012, 10:41:13 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Preview Video of Arthur! He's pretty much done, just needs AI and some outside beta testing!

Download Last Bout now!
#29  November 17, 2012, 10:43:52 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
he looks SOOOOOO good i can't wait.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#30  November 17, 2012, 01:30:44 pm
I know it's really late, but I have to ask. Why was he made so small ? Because he is in MvC3 ? To balance out his lack of mobility by making him harder to hit ? He's not particularly supposed to be small in GnG.
#31  November 17, 2012, 01:48:35 pm
He's really not that small in this game really, and yeah him being small still makes sense anyway because imagine if he was normal height throwing all those projectiles. He looks really good, I can't see any huge flaws right off the bat, though I can say that his lances and scythe don't create enough hitstun.
#32  November 17, 2012, 05:36:49 pm
    • USA
I like how Arthur is shaping up. That lvl. 3 blew my fucking mind.
#33  November 17, 2012, 07:08:15 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I know it's really late, but I have to ask. Why was he made so small ? Because he is in MvC3 ? To balance out his lack of mobility by making him harder to hit ? He's not particularly supposed to be small in GnG.

No idea, remember, these sprites are derived from official Capcom sprites, the ones they made for him as an assist in the first MVC.

Download Last Bout now!
#34  November 17, 2012, 07:51:43 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Nice one
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#35  November 17, 2012, 09:48:22 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Damn he looks good :P
dat smexy lvl 3 doe  :shocked2:
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#36  November 17, 2012, 10:02:57 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That Level 3 is all thanks to Jafar, he ripped the dragon effects straight from the game.

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#37  November 17, 2012, 10:10:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yup, great job. His anims are a bit stiff, but you work with what you got. It's not that big of a deal. You seem to have nailed his gameplay spot on. Shame though that you only used that "Super" Arthur transformation for a winpose... Would have made an awesome custom super. That works too though. One question, how long does that Golden Armor super last? It seemed to last the entirety of the round. You did use it towards the end of said rounds though... So IDK, tis why I'm asking. Also, what happens if/when it runs out?
#38  November 17, 2012, 10:28:57 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
MVC3 Vanilla guide I have says it lasts 1200 frames, which comes out to 20 seconds or so. When it ends his armor just changes back, there's no Underwear state because I'd have to make an entire sprite set for it. The moves aren't quite as buffed as in MVC3 when in that mode, and since the main use was to buff his assists (which doesn't apply here obviously), I figure it's fine without the whole armor breaking thing from the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#39  November 17, 2012, 10:49:58 pm
    • Mexico
I think the fire bottle should hit the ground earlier, it would make his keepaway more effective. Right now it looks like it does the same stuff the axe does except it eventually hits the ground and creates the fire.
#40  November 17, 2012, 11:09:44 pm
Maybe you know already but just in case you missed it, at 1:24 he throws a fire bottle, Lynn hits it with a fireball, and the anim that plays out is the lance being knocked away. Also, at 0:42, the axe is missing an ownpal and takes on the palfx from Lynn's fireball when Arthur gets hit.
Is it me or the number of consecutive daggers allowed for one UT bar was raised to 5 ? (at 2:34, two are used in the air then immediately 3 on the ground, using only one bar)

DW

#41  November 17, 2012, 11:19:36 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
MVC3 Vanilla guide I have says it lasts 1200 frames, which comes out to 20 seconds or so. When it ends his armor just changes back, there's no Underwear state because I'd have to make an entire sprite set for it. The moves aren't quite as buffed as in MVC3 when in that mode, and since the main use was to buff his assists (which doesn't apply here obviously), I figure it's fine without the whole armor breaking thing from the game.

Ah, that's cool, was just wondering. And yeah, I'm not suggesting any underwear stuff at all whatsoever. Perfectly OK compensation in my book.

Maybe you know already but just in case you missed it, at 1:24 he throws a fire bottle, Lynn hits it with a fireball, and the anim that plays out is the lance being knocked away. Also, at 0:42, the axe is missing an ownpal and takes on the palfx from Lynn's fireball when Arthur gets hit.
Is it me or the number of consecutive daggers allowed for one UT bar was raised to 5 ? (at 2:34, two are used in the air then immediately 3 on the ground, using only one bar)

Addressing the daggers. It's probably due to the air daggers aren't limited by the daggers he throws on the ground. So, he could probably throw 6 altogether(3 air+3 grounded). That works imo.
#42  November 17, 2012, 11:39:49 pm
I don't see why the rule would work that way when the generic idea is just "3 in a row for one bar" :blank:
#43  November 18, 2012, 04:00:41 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
No,it used two bars. I just checked the video and in-game, and it uses one bar for the air ones and another for the ground.

Download Last Bout now!
#44  November 18, 2012, 04:03:43 am
I'm 100% positive that, at 2:30, he throws two daggers in mid-air consuming one bar, then lands and throws three on the ground consuming a second bar at 2:31, but at 2:33~34 he consumes only one bar (the third) and throws 2+3 daggers. At 2:36, he still has 5 UT bars left out of 8. Maybe he gained one bar just in the middle ? I haven't quite yet tried to figure out what the conditions to regain one UT bar are.
#45  November 18, 2012, 04:09:10 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Just a minor thing: I don't know what he plays like in MVC3, but in his own games, he could double-jump. Will he be able to do that here, too?
#46  November 18, 2012, 04:10:53 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@ Byakko

It recovers over time, every 240 ticks/4 seconds. Also, unless I'm misdreading, what you just described would consume 3 bars. Two daggers in the air (one bar), lands (so next dagger is part of a new series), 3 on the ground (one bar), then another 3 on the ground (one bar). Right?

EDIT: Just rewatched again, and I see what you're saying, he just regained one bar right when he landed and started throwing more (the second time).

@ Toni

Yes, he can double jump, I did it a couple of times in the video.

Download Last Bout now!
#47  November 18, 2012, 03:24:35 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Couldn't you make a winpose for him like that of MVC3, where the key descends from the sky and he grabs it? Shouldn't be hard to sprite a key.
#48  July 02, 2013, 09:11:25 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Hello, is this project still alive? Im really interested on it, can you share your creation? Thank you!
Thank you all for sharing!
#49  July 02, 2013, 09:30:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

what do you mean if you want arthur you most download the full game and you did not need to necro bump this topic for this
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#50  July 02, 2013, 09:54:08 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
You're viewing this thread in a full-game section. Each thread is for content for the game. I never said Arthur would get an individual release. He's been available in the full game for quite some time.

Download Last Bout now!
#51  July 02, 2013, 10:22:43 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hello, is this project still alive? Im really interested on it, can you share your creation? Thank you!

Nano, mira las fechas de una puta vez, estás resucitando tópicos viejos de cojones...
I swear there was something cool here!!
#52  July 02, 2013, 10:31:49 pm
english
#53  July 02, 2013, 10:51:31 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
He has readen the advisors of the "this tpic is older of 30 days..." and he hasn't understood ANY of them. So telling that in English would be a total lose of time, but if you're happier with it:

- Cidiego: duuuude, look at the topic's dates, you're resurrecting old as Hell's topics.

Happier, Titiln?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#54  July 02, 2013, 10:56:51 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Necros are fine in the full game section, although he apparently didn't know this was a full game section or he would have understood the release situation.

Download Last Bout now!
#55  September 30, 2014, 12:03:32 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
cool
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#56  September 30, 2014, 07:38:16 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Considering the last topic of discussion before this thread died was necros, I can't help but feel like the previous post was the pay off to a very long joke.

Download Last Bout now!
#57  October 23, 2014, 09:14:55 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Woohoo! Zombie threads!
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#58  May 22, 2016, 07:10:22 pm
  • user that makes alternate accounts
  • And when caught pretends they were experiments
wow!

i never had imagined someone has made a work so good with arthur.

saki omokane and ton pooh is coming soon!