YesNoOk

Looking for a MUGEN teacher/guide or discord server (Read 19792 times)

Started by NEX, August 11, 2022, 09:02:17 am
Share this topic:

NEX

Looking for a MUGEN teacher/guide or discord server
#1  August 11, 2022, 09:02:17 am
  • "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself."
Hello.

As the title explains. I am looking for someone who is very experienced in making and releasing mugen characters.
Now what do I mean by experienced?

Someone who knows about variables, custom bars, hitspark placement, and so on.
I want to be able to talk with them and ask them questions during my progress on making my mugen characters.
I also want to share with them my WIP creations and get some insight from their perspective.

At least this way, I won't be flooding the 'Configuration Help' with my posts.
I know there are mugen tutorial docs & videos and while they do somewhat help, I want a more personal assistance.

The way that I would like to chat with them is through Discord as it's what I use somewhat daily. I know I could talk to them here but I feel like Discord is a faster way to chat then on a forum.

If what I've stated above doesn't sound likely then is it possible that there is a discord server where I can talk and gain assistance from a group of mugen creators? That would also be beneficial.

Re: Looking for a MUGEN teacher/guide or discord server
#2  August 11, 2022, 10:09:35 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Hello.

As the title explains. I am looking for someone who is very experienced in making and releasing mugen characters.
Now what do I mean by experienced?

Someone who knows about variables, custom bars, hitspark placement, and so on.
I want to be able to talk with them and ask them questions during my progress on making my mugen characters.
I also want to share with them my WIP creations and get some insight from their perspective.

At least this way, I won't be flooding the 'Configuration Help' with my posts.
I know there are mugen tutorial docs & videos and while they do somewhat help, I want a more personal assistance.

The way that I would like to chat with them is through Discord as it's what I use somewhat daily. I know I could talk to them here but I feel like Discord is a faster way to chat then on a forum.

If what I've stated above doesn't sound likely then is it possible that there is a discord server where I can talk and gain assistance from a group of mugen creators? That would also be beneficial.

The best know possible for searching MUGEN teacher/guide is Ryon. You haven't met him before if he makes a tutorial video at once.
#3  August 11, 2022, 01:07:04 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#4  August 14, 2022, 11:34:21 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
The best know possible for searching MUGEN teacher/guide is Ryon. You haven't met him before if he makes a tutorial video at once.

Hello! Thats really nice of you!

The way that I would like to chat with them is through Discord as it's what I use somewhat daily

GASP! I also happen to use Discord Daily!
But lately it seems to be messing up, I don't get notifications right away anymore.
Either way I'm on discord if you want a 1:1 with help.... I would definitely appreciate if you have some idea on how mugen works, or have a true appreciation for fighting games.

Last person I tried to help didn't really like fighting games and it was a whole "WHY are you here then" situation.

NEX

#5  August 15, 2022, 08:55:28 pm
  • "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself."
Oh! Hello Ryon!
Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't expecting this post to get more replies so this is a pleasant surprise.

To answer your question, I do have a decent/good understanding on how mugen works. At least when in regards character creation. I know how StateDefs work and what they generally need, I know some state controllers (not all of them), how to tinker with commands (I've created an auto-combo), use helpers as projectiles and such.

In terms of Fighting games, I do generally enjoy them. I've played a few like Tekken, SC and MK but I usually steer towards games like Melty Blood, UNIB, DBFC, P4AU and BB. I do know """some""" of the lingo such as DP, Roman cancels, Meaty, set-plays and such.

However I still consider myself a beginner/intermediate in regards to Mugen creation and I would like to have someone I could talk to on discord in regards to mugen. If it wouldn't be a bother, would it be okay if I could contact you on discord?