YesNoOk

[Shim]: Nicole, Marceline and Jaiden updated (07/09/23) (Read 51549 times)

Started by シム (Shim), July 05, 2022, 07:08:30 am
Share this topic:
[Shim]: Nicole, Marceline and Jaiden updated (07/09/23)
#1  July 05, 2022, 07:08:30 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
    • Skype - Shimmering Brony
    • sites.google.com/view/shim-m-u-g-e-n/home
Happy 4th of July for the America fellas!

Yeah a bit late its just that today I watched Demon Slayer all day... I'm gonna watch more after this post.

Long time no releasing a character... but there were two reasons why I haven't even released the first one...

Say welcome to these three newcomers...

Nicole Watterson!

Marceline Abadeer!

and...

JAIDEN ANIMATIONS!!

Its been eight years since I've planned Nicole and Marceline characters since 2013, and now, they became reality, with spriting help
from Jarquin10.

As for Jaiden, she's my second commissioned character, and the first to be released cus' the first one is still in the
works, never thought I'd create a YouTuber character for MUGEN, but I still found interesting, and I love her content.

And yep, Nicole and Jaiden were the reasons why Marcy wasn't released, but was still worth it.

With these three, I introduce my own gameplay style, which is inspired by the Senran Kagura games, so its anime-styled
gameplay style... what should I call it... "Shim-style"?

Get them on my new website here!

Found any bugs? Report them here, and I'll fix them!
Nep-Nep-Nep! Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Nep-Neeeeep!

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 12:34:30 pm by シム (Shim)
Re: Nicole, Marcy and Jaiden Animations RELEASE!
#2  July 05, 2022, 07:27:40 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Alongside them, I'm also releasing Marceline and Nicole's home stages!

Super Jump: Yes
Music: No
Resolution: High
Zoom: No
MUGEN version: 1.0+

1. Land of Ooo Forest

Marceline's home stage.

2. The Watterson's House

Nicole's home stage.

No home stage for Jaiden, cus' I don't have any ideas for it...

Get them on the stages section of my website!

Support me on PayPal!
Re: Nicole, Marcy and Jaiden RELEASE!
#3  July 05, 2022, 08:40:17 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Happy 4th of July for the America fellas!

Yeah a bit late its just that today I watched Demon Slayer all day... I'm gonna watch more after this post.

Long time no releasing a character... but there were two reasons why I haven't even released the first one...

Say welcome to these three newcomers...

Nicole Watterson!

Marceline Abadeer!

and...

JAIDEN ANIMATIONS!!

Its been eight years since I've planned Nicole and Marceline characters since 2013, and now, they became reality, with spriting help
from Jarquin10.

As for Jaiden, she's my second commissioned character, and the first to be released cus' the first one is still in the
works, never thought I'd create a YouTuber character for MUGEN, but I still found interesting, and I love her content.

And yep, Nicole and Jaiden were the reasons why Marcy wasn't released, but was still worth it.

With these three, I introduce my own gameplay style, which is inspired by the Senran Kagura games, so its anime-styled
gameplay style... what should I call it... "Shim-style"?

Get them on my new website here!

Found any bugs? Report them here, and I'll fix them!

Here we go!
#4  July 05, 2022, 02:05:40 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
great stuff...gonna try it out on stream
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#5  July 05, 2022, 04:24:03 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Awesome, they look so sweet ;D thanks for the release, I love these kind of chars (when they're well done, of course)

from Jarquin10.
I know what's like about making a char for long time, it's so satisfactory when it's finished. So, congratulations!! :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#6  July 05, 2022, 05:50:52 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Only tested Jaiden so far. Such a great character. :thumbsup:

- Palette selection goes into auto-scroll mode too fast. You have to deliberately tap the directions to move only one at a time
- I love the idle animation(s)
- I love the throw too. Guess there's a lot I like about this character
- Based on the overall gameplay style I think she could use friction when attacking after a dash, instead of stopping immediately
- Guard Crush seems like a needless handicap
- I think Guard Cancel and Get up attack inputs should be less simple, only to avoid getting them by mistake (maybe all 3 buttons?)
- Feels like Get up attack is available a little too early
- Air Parry mostly only works air to air because of the Clsn1
- The fact X is only used for one air attack is a bit odd. It could be D+c instead or something
- I think This Video? should be more punishable in terms of Clsn2
- Air dashing effects feel misaligned
- Kitty Slash feels overpowered because it's fast and controls half the screen
- I think When it Comes to the Oven could just skip the counter part. Or make it counter fireballs as well
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  July 05, 2022, 09:04:06 pm
    • Brazil
#8  July 05, 2022, 09:58:01 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Really cool characters, I've only just dabbled in them but so far they seem like a lot of fun.
#9  July 05, 2022, 10:15:26 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
There IS a problem, idiot. Have you ever checked the readme from Elecbyte that comes with all MUGEN versions? l don't think so. Making money on a FREE ENGINE is illegal, everything SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. It's not okay to profit on shit like this, it makes you a bad author.
Welcome to 2022, dude. Here's a thread you should read about to be up to date to this year

What is illegal is to sell a MUGEN fullgame (usually a compilation) or a character, but the commissions are legal, since anyone can pay for someone to make a character from scratch (since just spriting to full coding, or both). The illegal issue here is to make that commisioned character and then sell it, since usually commissioned chars are getting first by the one who asked for it and later it's released for free to everyone else can enjoy it

Also, calm down and chill, maybe you've right but that doesn't mean you've to be an ass to everyone else, since the only you would gain is a warning and probably a ban. So take it easy and let the thread flow...

If you want to discuss about the "legality" of commissions, you can make a thread about it in MUGEN Discussion instead to keep derailing this thread :)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#10  July 06, 2022, 01:31:07 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Marceline disappears for a split second on the last frame of Monstrous-Morph Arm.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#11  July 06, 2022, 01:31:58 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
K-thanks peeps for their feedback, they'll eventually be updated, very much appreciated ;)

Support me on PayPal!
#12  July 06, 2022, 02:27:49 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
>Jaiden is a commissioned character.

You can't be serious, right?

But it’s not the engine that’s being sold — Shim got commissioned to draw the sprites and make the character from the ground up.

So calm down.
#13  July 06, 2022, 02:30:55 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Only tested Jaiden so far. Such a great character. :thumbsup:

- Palette selection goes into auto-scroll mode too fast. You have to deliberately tap the directions to move only one at a time
- I love the idle animation(s)
- I love the throw too. Guess there's a lot I like about this character
- Based on the overall gameplay style I think she could use friction when attacking after a dash, instead of stopping immediately
- Guard Crush seems like a needless handicap
- I think Guard Cancel and Get up attack inputs should be less simple, only to avoid getting them by mistake (maybe all 3 buttons?)
- Feels like Get up attack is available a little too early
- Air Parry mostly only works air to air because of the Clsn1
- The fact X is only used for one air attack is a bit odd. It could be D+c instead or something
- I think This Video? should be more punishable in terms of Clsn2
- Air dashing effects feel misaligned
- Kitty Slash feels overpowered because it's fast and controls half the screen
- I think When it Comes to the Oven could just skip the counter part. Or make it counter fireballs as well

1. I didn't get what you meant as I didn't get an auto-scroll mode.
2 and 3. Thanks, but they weren't feedback...
4. I guess its done by removing the velset = 0,0's from the Normals and some other moves right?
5. Well its because Senran Kagura has a guard crush mechanic and I wanted to adapt it, but I guess it should require more guardings to make it trigger less often.
6. I didn't get what you meant by "too early".
7. I'll check it...
8. I didn't want the X to be left unused, and to combo into it I gave it that easy command. Also its another mechanic from Senran Kagura.
9. Alrighty, my three girls will have their projectiles to be punishable.
10. I'll fix them.
11. I'll improve the velocity on the animations.
12. I made it inspired by Ruby Heart's treasure chest counter hyper which I think its cool.

Overall, thanks for the feedback, Mr. PotS!

Support me on PayPal!
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:07:47 am by シム (Shim)
#14  July 06, 2022, 05:31:18 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
Commissioned characters shouldn't be a problem if they're well done.

There IS a problem, idiot. Have you ever checked the readme from Elecbyte that comes with all MUGEN versions? l don't think so. Making money on a FREE ENGINE is illegal, everything SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. It's not okay to profit on shit like this, it makes you a bad author.

lf Elecbyte was still alive, they would pull a Caese and Desist to Shimmering Brony just like what happened to BrokenMUGEN.

Hrm... talk about bringing outside trivial nonsense drama from YouTube which is a banneable offense.

Support me on PayPal!
#15  July 06, 2022, 09:59:58 am
    • Portugal
1. I didn't get what you meant as I didn't get an auto-scroll mode.
As in when you hold a direction and it scrolls automatically between palettes. I think it does that too soon. This is just nitpicking though.

4. I guess its done by removing the velset = 0,0's from the Normals and some other moves right?
That's the gist of it. But only if the previous state was dashing or another normal.

6. I didn't get what you meant by "too early".
As in you can do it so soon it almost feels like she does it before hitting the ground. I think it should be available closer to state 5120.

12. I made it inspired by Ruby Heart's treasure chest counter hyper which I think its cool.
I see then. Could just add the projectile countering in that case.

2 and 3. Thanks, but they weren't feedback...
Technically they were.

Found another thing: Because you can air recover with C, you can do it by mistake when you are trying to do the get up attack (changing the command for that as suggested would also fix this).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#16  July 07, 2022, 02:05:01 am
  • Sunrise Shimmy
    • Mexico
As in you can do it so soon it almost feels like she does it before hitting the ground. I think it should be available closer to state 5120.

It triggers on state 5110, the grounded get-hit as told by the ground hit effect.

Support me on PayPal!
#17  July 07, 2022, 10:20:11 am

lf Elecbyte was still alive, they would pull a Caese and Desist to Shimmering Brony just like what happened to BrokenMUGEN.

While we at it, l noticed this in one of Jaiden's files.

Jaiden herself may be an adult, but was this really necessary? You decided to sexualize a REAL PERSON who's very uncomfortable with r34 of herself and called it a day? You're disgusting.

l apologize for this big reply, this shit has been bothering me for days. Go ahead and harass me, my point still stands.

First thing you need to do is learn how to express yourself with common decency and respect.
You assume all of us are aware of whatever R34 is, I've watched a lot of Jaiden videos and she has never mentioned it, on her channel at least.
People can accept commissions for char coding, spriting, color separating etc.

Not sure what this clothes rip thing is as I have not tested the char, but if it is something obscene Shim should have mentioned that and give people a warning.
Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:25:44 am by PeXXeR
#18  July 07, 2022, 10:34:19 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

Jaiden herself may be an adult, but was this really necessary? You decided to sexualize a REAL PERSON who's very uncomfortable with r34 of herself and called it a day? You're disgusting.

l apologize for this big reply, this shit has been bothering me for days. Go ahead and harass me, my point still stands.

Reminds of lose pose of Yuki (NGBC). I know this thing is like from KOF games while some girl get KO'd when this happened, or even it gets big damage in The Rumble Fish/The Rumble Fish 2, the clothes/armor fell out of the ground or just ripped.
#19  July 07, 2022, 03:30:15 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com

comissions have been accepted to be fair game since dawn of time here,might as well get that had of yours checked or I dont know check forum history sometime would you?
#20  July 07, 2022, 07:15:14 pm
    • Portugal
Tested Marceline. Looks like you're using the same system so I guess some feedback applies to other characters.

- Perhaps make them automatically turn towards P2 during a super jump?
- B and EX versions of Arms to the Axe go under the ground (Pos Y > 0) in the beginning
- B version of Arm Whip needs Statetype = A
- Same with I'm gonna bat you up
- Monstrous-Morph Arm has a missing frame near the end (she disappears)
- Supers (especially those that need more than 1 bar) could have more invincibility
- The B button of her bat form looks like it could hit during the punch part

It triggers on state 5110, the grounded get-hit as told by the ground hit effect.
I guess the issue is that when you sweep them, they go directly to that state instead of bouncing off the ground first, so the attack is available very soon. You could also keep the triggers but make those attacks a bit slower.