YesNoOk

NXC Kyoko Minazuki has been released!! (Read 13741 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, June 27, 2022, 08:40:09 pm
Share this topic:
NXC Kyoko Minazuki has been released!!
#1  June 27, 2022, 08:40:09 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

The beautiful nurse and teacher from Justice High School and one of my favourite waifus in Rival Schools series, which was one of the 2 characters from this game series that appeared in Namco X Capcom. Having no real version of her for MUGEN (only as a striker on Shimon's Hideo), I want to take my shot trying to recreate her, in waiting that @li kun: finally finish his neverending WIP of her resprited or @Odb718: rip her from Project Justice so anyone else can make her. Apart of the fact that NXC doesn't have so much love since years ago...

So, with all of this in mind, I wanted to recreate her as accurate as possible as she plays in the games (mostly in RS: United by Fate) instead of being another NXC character, and even I gave her a partner, noneless than Hideo Shimazu as striker. These are the features you can find in this character:
  • First of all, sprites and some FX from Namco X Capcom (and some FX from SFA series)
  • Voices and sounds from RS: United by Fate
  • 4 buttons: 2 punches and 2 kicks
  • A few edited sprites to make her compatible with MUGEN basics
  • 2 throws, 4 specials (1 aerial) and 3 supers, one of them with Hideo (those ones who know RS will know what's this about)
  • Made under WinM but also compatible with MUGEN1.0+ (you know, select "kyoko-m1.def" as usual)
  • 12 palettes, most of them based on RS & PJ palettes on Kyoko and a couple of cameos as always

Spoiler: And now, the screenshots: (click to see content)

Made in a couple of days because I was inspired, my love for this game series and in part also because of the recent collection I made on MFFA...  which even I came back to play RS in my PSX again to see how she plays. I hope you like it, maybe I also could retake that old project called Batsu that I made in my youth as a n00b creator, since now I don't have to make the sprites since they're done now, that will be seen...

This is our school, we must to protect it!!
Characters -> Adaptations (Capcom series)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: NXC Kyoko Minazuki has been released!!
#2  June 27, 2022, 09:03:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
OMG!
What a great surprise!
I remember back in time I was not really a fan of Kyoko.
But more and more I felt I like this character...
A good mix up of striker + fast grappler...

Thanks for the release.
#3  June 27, 2022, 09:43:49 pm
    • Brazil
I got to the character in your site before I even saw this topic, lol.
#4  June 27, 2022, 10:11:08 pm
Pretty interesting! It's been a long time since someone made a NxC character. It would be cool if more people made characters from that game, even though the sprites are limited.
#5  June 27, 2022, 10:28:57 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Did not expect that. Here's some things I found:

- Her light punch doesn't look like one
- Hard kick has too much startup
- I've forgotten a lot about PJ gameplay, but from what I can find she should be able to combo X to B and A to Y as well
- "Crouching" hurtbox is different from standing
- Punch throw happens a bit too fast. I think the bone cracking sound should only happen some frames after grabbing
- Her jump is very floaty
- It's odd that jumping light kick is active until she lands while light punch is only active a little bit
- She can't cancel her normals into Shokushin, Final Prescription or Shin Seihaken
- Hideo's fireball does too much damage and the Clsn1 is too big
- Hideo's uppercut would be more useful if he appeared close to Kyoko instead of at a fixed location
- When you call in Hideo to do his fireball, his sprpriority and Kyoko's get very mixed up
- Hideo could also change palettes
- P2 should be allowed to hit Hideo as well to cancel his assist
- Super afterimages are too long I think
- Shin Seihaken misses a lot against KFM
- It's odd that she can't crouch but has to block attacks high or low. Not sure what can be done about this, but she should at least have a crouching block animation
- She could have a launcher for air combos. Probably strong Shusseki Kakunin
- Strong Kaishin hitpauses feel too long
- There's no reason to use weak Shusseki Kakunin instead of strong
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#6  June 28, 2022, 12:42:36 am
    • Chile
Wow, lots of feedback!! :shocked2:
Thanks, I'll fix most of these stuff except some of them because of the limited sprites, but I'm planning to make more for crouching and to get more attacks for her and eventually fix those things too :hyo:

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  June 29, 2022, 05:07:28 pm
    • Chile
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to answer to the others here, thank you very much for all your comments!! ;D

OMG!
What a great surprise!
I remember back in time I was not really a fan of Kyoko.
But more and more I felt I like this character...
A good mix up of striker + fast grappler...

Thanks for the release.
You're welcome ;) I was fan of Kyoko in its time, even I learned how to play with her, and their endings with Hideo (and Hayato in PJ) are some of my favourites in the games. I hope to edit more sprites so I can recreate the moves I left out because of the limited sprites, crouching attacks included

Pretty interesting! It's been a long time since someone made a NxC character. It would be cool if more people made characters from that game, even though the sprites are limited.
I agree, I love the sprites it's a mix between chibi/SD and normal anime designs, but it's a pity these sprites are too limited, it could be recreated so many chars in this style if it wasn't for the limitations the game has, same with the sequels of Project X Zone. I hope to see more chars like this in the future