YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4634144 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Quick Update for All EXA Characters (07/04/22)
#1001  July 05, 2022, 10:30:12 pm
    • USA
I noticed something with the EXA characters. If you use the Exceed Accel, your power meter will stay the same and the ultra burst meter will go down. However, if you don't use the Exceed Accel and fight while in ultra burst mode, the power meter will start to go down as ultra burst ends. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?
Video is here: https://streamable.com/7gu8ap
#1002  July 06, 2022, 12:13:40 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
I noticed something with the EXA characters. If you use the Exceed Accel, your power meter will stay the same and the ultra burst meter will go down. However, if you don't use the Exceed Accel and fight while in ultra burst mode, the power meter will start to go down as ultra burst ends. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?
Video is here: https://streamable.com/7gu8ap

I can answer that. It's 100% intentional. Not using Exceed Accel while in Ultra Burst mode will put you into the Overheat state. Which, in OHMSBY's own words:
-Burst gauge becomes overheated either when Ultra Burst runs out or if the Exceed Accel or Astral Heat is unsuccessful.
-An overheated burst gauge won't be able to regenerate for a set amount of time and will cause the power meter to slowly drain throughout the duration.
-Overheat is immediately removed between rounds.
-Astral Heat will not be available during Overheat even if you manage to have enough meter for it.

Using Exceed Accel doesn't cost any power, but Ultra Burst will immediately end once used, regardless if it connects or not, but it's better that you try to land it so that you don't get put into that penalty.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 12:17:40 am by Solid Snivy
#1003  July 10, 2022, 08:23:26 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
a little request to Kirby.

Ninja(I had mentioned it, but did not specify the author):
Naruto by bagilu

Bomb:
Rolento
#1004  July 14, 2022, 07:35:28 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how have you been doing lately? Since your currently doing the loli seagull known as Dead Apostle Noel, what was the factor that made you interested in doing her? Also what was the development like for Samus and Kirby, because I remember a while ago that Kirby is a edit from another author, but I think Samus was from a unknown author.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#1005  July 16, 2022, 03:37:04 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey OHMSBY! Hope you’re doing well!

Will Bowser play anything like k6666Orochi’s version?

Also, will you ever plan to make PlayStation All Stars characters in the future?

I was trying to make a character (Tails) in your style and was making a checklist of stuff to do but I was unsure how to program in the mechanics of your characters (Burst/EXA). I was looking through Ruby’s .def file on Fighter Factory and couldn’t see how to. Sorry for bothering you like this.
#1006  July 17, 2022, 03:11:29 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#1007  July 17, 2022, 07:24:05 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/04/22)
#1008  July 17, 2022, 09:04:16 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Dead Apostle Noel has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get DANoel here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16CaQAasXZPZjBWnRuGx1CaLmjRbvnk5x/view?usp=sharing

Also, the following characters have received the EXA Update:
Tohru Adachi, Azrael, Carmine, Es, Homura, Iori Yagami, Ky Kiske, Mika, Iron Tager, and Vlov Arkhangel

Google Drive link for all exa updated characters:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p2lbejwkzXsMxxaRDtsQ-YISPxHXsEAi?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.

Found a small error where Hyde can do corner infinite by spamming Black Orbiter + Dark Lotus.

Fixed.

Will Bowser play anything like k6666Orochi’s version?

No.

Also, will you ever plan to make PlayStation All Stars characters in the future?

Probably not.

Since your currently doing the loli seagull known as Dead Apostle Noel, what was the factor that made you interested in doing her?

I figured that the Bells would be a fun little coding challenge. That and she's also my secondary main in Type Lumina.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/04/22)
#1009  July 17, 2022, 10:44:53 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Hey. I'm back with some feedbacks for Adachi:
-His Burst is fully regenerated in the next round even if you used it from the previous one.
-The first hit of his Exceed Accel caused the opponent to be misaligned in a fraction of a second.
-If Exceed Accel is used in the corner, Magatsu Izanagi juts out from his opponent from the second stab.
-Just a suggestion, but I think it would be better if the Exceed Accel kills the opponent after Adachi shoots his gun, rather than Magatsu Izanagi slams the opponent to the ground.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is that in both cases, his Burst cannot be used again after Overheat.
Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 10:51:46 am by Ichida
#1010  July 17, 2022, 10:55:56 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Adachi:
-Scared? should KO the opponent on the last hit as Magatsu Izanagi will continue hitting the opponent during the superpause.

Azrael:
-The (3001,0) sound will continue to play indefinitely when his special intro with Adachi was skipped until the round ends or reset (Unless skipped again with that sound playing).

Es:
-There is no landing sound effect when Type: Braver "Lancelot" successfully hits (Only plays when it doesn't connect).

Ky:
-Charge Drive should KO the opponent on the last hit.
-Lightning is spelled wrong on the movelist.png.

Mika:
-Mika Blaster causes a change to invalid action 7100 debug error when it successfully hits the opponent.

Tager:
-The large dust shares the palfx when rapid canceling the 2nd hit of jC and the last hit of Magna Tech Wheel.
-On the 4th hit of Genesic Emerald Tager Buster, you can hear a clip of him say "Driver" if you slow the frames by ticks.
-Lightning is spelled wrong on the movelist.png.

And a bug on Yu:
-The last hit of air Big Gamble is unblockable when it hits the opponent airborne and still has the increased cornerpush (Only the first hit is).

Probably not.
To be honest, I wasn't surprised about this. It's a PS3 game and you probably don't have access to it like AquaPazza. Well better to have them on Kirby's copy abilities list in case someone out there does make them.

-Just a suggestion, but I think it would be better if the Exceed Accel kills the opponent after Adachi shoots his gun, rather than Magatsu Izanagi slams the opponent to the ground.
This, because Magatsu Izanagi will continue hitting the opponent during the superpause when he's not supposed to.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1011  July 17, 2022, 04:46:54 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah! Bowser, baby! I'm so glad you're making Smash chars, its hard to get buy good ones, so having that with this gameplay specially is awesome, I hope you can get to someone like Bayonetta eventually.
#1012  July 17, 2022, 04:56:02 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Couldn't seem to replicate this again, but there's a chance that King of Tager will look like this
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1013  July 17, 2022, 05:42:41 pm
    • USA
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Dead Apostle Noel Released + EXA update for 10 chars (07/17/22)
#1014  July 17, 2022, 07:38:09 pm
    • USA
It seems selecting Ky on IKEMEN Go v0.98.1 crashes the game.
#1015  July 17, 2022, 07:47:53 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I happened to run into that just before you posted. I have just now fixed and reuploaded him.
#1016  July 18, 2022, 03:58:15 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Just one more thing about Adachi and everything will be good: If Magatsu Izanagi is summoned from certain normals/specials before using Exceed Accel, the "current" version of him won't disappear immediately, causing something like this to happen.

https://streamable.com/uiakk0
#1017  July 18, 2022, 04:12:32 am
    • USA
Fixed.
#1018  July 19, 2022, 03:57:14 pm
    • Brazil
#1019  July 20, 2022, 04:23:33 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#1020  July 20, 2022, 11:44:19 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

:shocked2: Thats surprising, considering that K6 also made a bowser that won a COTM reward long ago. I hope this one does too. XD

I also got a few more interesing questions just to pass the time.

1. What is one character you made that you weren't proud of in terms of coding, spriting, and mechanics? I personally didn't like Saya due to her floaty and slow momentum.

2. Who is/was the tin man in your (repeating) profile pic? it reminds me of Cyborg from D.C Comics

3. What other non-fighting game characters are you looking forward to make one day? (similar to your Shantae)

4. And Just for funsies, What kind of Anime/TV shows do you watch, and what are your most favorites?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca