YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2939761 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#7281  June 06, 2022, 09:30:45 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
KoF Destiny

Pros:
+KoF Destiny spritestyle itself could be considered as "CvS3", is the closest to an official CvS interpretation of several KoF chars.
+Based on the original KoF style with another shading.

Cons:
-Not all frames are converted to KoF Destiny. Lacks several frames and you need to heavily convert them from KoF.
-The rips themselves are dirty and even if I did the best to clean them there are random dots here and there.

Sheets:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I legit didn't know there was a mobile game based on KoF Destiny...! :pwn:

Thank you very much for the useful information, btw! :2thumbsup:

So, I got the graphics rip pack of this game merely to see it for myself. And, indeed:

...it clearly takes a lot of influence from the CvS style of shading - going as far as using it as a direct base for some of the characters. o_O

While the avaiable sprites suffer from compression, and don't feature all the necessary frames for a full fighting game character... I think those can be a cool reference at least, for whoever wants to picture one of these characters in a style closer to CvS. :P
#7282  June 09, 2022, 07:31:55 am
    • Peru
Hello.

Question: Are this images/gif free? May I use them in my project? Giving credits of course if someday I share my project.
#7283  June 09, 2022, 11:29:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks again, Ned! I think there is something odd in his stance though. I need to figure out how to fix it. I'll post an update soon :P
-----------------------
Update:
I tweaked slightly the stance, ang fixed some facial traits.

Great great!!

Hello.

Question: Are this images/gif free? May I use them in my project? Giving credits of course if someday I share my project.

I think you can use these rips, but some have compression artefacts (I cannot remember)
#7284  June 12, 2022, 07:58:15 pm
Hello.

I don't know who are you talking to.

If it's Goro's, go ahead, I pointed out what's needed.

Crediting me, in fact, is not necessary this time.

Another pointer for other chars:
-The scale is 71.5% for the blurry stance Destiny sprites. Which is achieved by resizing it first to 143% and then to 50%.

And since I saw somebody wanted a CvS Kensou:

-The scale to CvS is 62.5%. Again 125% first, 50% second. Having Kyo as the reference. Goro uses a bigger scale.

More references:

KoF 2002's 101% or 102%? not sure:

https://spritedatabase.net/file/10239

KoF 94 Rebout, I think is 51% for the CvS scale:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/playstation_2/thekingoffighters94rebout/sheet/41133/

This one isn't CvS at all, didn't shade it, is just a ref.

#7285  June 18, 2022, 09:48:04 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

SF6 Luke

and Marisa
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 10:48:36 pm by sabockee
#7286  July 01, 2022, 06:27:34 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Great attempts mates, congratulations. Also i did this whole stance attempt of kof99 Ralf in similar cvs style hope ya fellas enjoy it -

#7287  July 01, 2022, 06:30:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#7288  July 01, 2022, 06:51:40 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
I didn't checked closely, but it looks good!
Beside of very dark outlines.
no need of more massive fixes IMO

Many thanks pal, indeed i'm just trying to simplify the palettes and adding details by using the black outline.
Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:29:15 pm by demongorne
#7289  July 01, 2022, 06:54:18 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
#7290  July 04, 2022, 07:04:37 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Great attempts mates, congratulations. Also i did this whole stance attempt of kof99 Ralf in similar cvs style hope ya fellas enjoy it -

This doesn't even look like CvS anymore. It looks more like the unfinished beta Hugo sprites in SF3 New Generation. You essentially stripped down the essential key details to the CvS sprite style to the point it might as well not even be called CvS anymore. It looks like this right now, instead of a proper CvS sprite.

If you're just going to remove essential CvS details from your sprite, you might as well be trying another sprite style at that point.

Shit
#7291  July 04, 2022, 08:01:11 pm

At this point you should just open your own graphics topic and post your sprites there, there's no real reason to post your sprites here or in the other themed sprite topics if you're refusing to follow the style of the themes themselves.

#7292  July 04, 2022, 08:10:38 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

Damn... I don't wanna sound rude, or harsh, or anything like that, but I have to say this, Demongorne. This looks bad... like really, really bad. I totaly don't get what happened here, but your art went in totaly wrong direction lately. You did such a great job with Takuma sprites. Maybe that spritesheet wasn't perfect, but it was a decent job at least. You have my mad respect for this. I wish I had enough determination myself to finish a full sheet like you did, but your latest sprites are such a regress...

I guess I understand what you're trying to do with simplifying the spriting process, but the results are god damn awful. Trying new things is not a bad thing per se, because it's a part of learning process, but seriously this is the wrong way to follow. Please go back to your old methods...
Again, please don't take it as a try to discouraging you or something, but more like a friendly advice.

Shit... I feel bad for spitting this out of me, but it was growing in me for a while. I wish you best of luck in your endeavours but don't follow this way. There are no shortcuts in spritting.

#7293  July 04, 2022, 08:55:36 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Yes I do know this - sadly I have to admit the morei try to make something different the more bad is the result.

DGO

#7294  July 05, 2022, 01:31:25 am
    • Chile
your sprite has 11 colours, you have 4 extra, so i strongly recomend you to use, at least,  one more shade on skin, one for pants. Also, pants need more contrast between light and dark green, and take away the blak universal outline, let me show you:

a,b,c and d are new tones, these allow you to add more details. Try to not use a 0,0,0 black, watch ryu, ken and akuma black belt for example, they has 16,16,16 rgb tone.
#7295  July 05, 2022, 12:16:11 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Yes i get it what you're saying, your solution looks definetlily good, but i still  feel i can't handle too much shading, regardless this is the walking animation i just done - 
#7296  July 05, 2022, 04:59:00 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
You can't or you don't want to? Because you definitely could do it with Takuma just fine, and it looked great.

Shit
#7297  July 05, 2022, 06:19:57 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Many thanks for your words pals, i dunno if i still able to make another CVS char.
#7298  July 05, 2022, 08:40:17 pm
  • Wandering....
Hi guys I got a question,

Is it possible to convert a CVS sprite to convert to ALPHA style, or is it a bad idea?

What would conflict on the CVS styled sprite if it would be styled in ALPHA by just changing the lighting and color used?

Thank you guys?
#7299  July 05, 2022, 09:58:24 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Many thanks for your words pals, i dunno if i still able to make another CVS char.

I don't understand how you can't do the same job you did before, it seems like you've unlearned everything you knew how to do.

You did a great job before, but now it's become unrecognizable.

Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 10:05:49 pm by Akito

DGO

#7300  July 06, 2022, 06:54:17 am
    • Chile

X quick edit            -           Cyber Akuma & G-virus Akuma

I was on the shower thinking about how to fix CFJ, i thought on Megaman x and Jill as a mid boss chars, if you fight against Megaman, the plot involve Sigma and the final boss will be Cyber Akuma, and if you fight Jill, the plot involve umbrella corp and you´ll fight G-virus Akuma