YesNoOk

Battle Craze!! Type-M (Original Fighting Game Project) (Read 36625 times)

Started by Janis L.C.V., May 02, 2020, 12:09:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Battle Craze!! Type-M
#21  May 18, 2020, 11:07:27 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Thank you! I'm sure the VA for the announcer will be pleased to hear this as well.

Along with some other new animations for today, I'd also like to show off what we're doing in terms of palettes. This was an idea by Kelexo, and I liked it enough to give the okay for.

Each button for every character is a color shared among the cast. The guide is as follows:

X - Default
Y - Red
Z - Blue
A - Green
B - Yellow
C - Purple
Start+X - White
Start+Y - Black
Start+Z - Pink
Start+A - Turqoise
Start+B - Orange
Start+C - Battle Craze Reference. Each of these palettes references another existing character in the cast.

We probably are gonna have extra palettes, but people are going to have to add them to the .def on their own.

Anyways, new anims:
Spoiler: Since these take up a lot of space (click to see content)

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#22  May 20, 2020, 05:20:16 am
Interesting idea, I like how each palette uses different shades of their respective colour while staying true to the colour theme of each button.

Funnily enough, I was planning to ask about how palettes were going to be handled later on seeing that there was colour separation in the sprites but held off on it because I thought it would be too early to ask.

While my questions have been answered from your post, I wonder if there will be an opportunity later on for other users to submit palettes of their own? If not that's alright.
#23  May 20, 2020, 02:12:26 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Color seperation used to be added by Kelexo in post, but he suggested I make the sprites starting off with them. Because of this, Tsugumi's development has gone quicker than Ajit's in terms of implementing the sprites and the code.

For user submitted palettes, I'll wait until we have more of the cast in progress before posting those. My only big rule for palettes is to NOT touch the skin tones of characters, even for reference palettes, so keep this in mind.

玉と碎けよ!
#24  May 21, 2020, 01:35:14 pm
Thank you for your answer.  :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the colour separation is applied to the rest of the cast when that time comes.
Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:48:28 pm by Gogngos
#25  May 24, 2020, 09:56:27 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
More Tsugumi sprites completed. All of her specials are sprited and coded. Next up, supers.

Spoiler: Again, a lot of animations, a lot of space. (click to see content)

玉と碎けよ!
#26  May 28, 2020, 02:51:03 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
The rest of her moves are sprited. I'm planning on showing her off tomorrow on stream at 5 PM EST. You can catch the stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/janisluciani

Spoiler: Yet again, animations, space. (click to see content)

玉と碎けよ!
Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:56:04 pm by Janis L.C.V.
#27  May 29, 2020, 02:42:07 am
While I couldn't watch the stream on time due to time-zone differences, I watched the VOD that was saved on Twitch. Thank you for the stream!

It was insightful to see how Tsugumi's moves work in-game as well as how the development process of the game is coming along.  :)
Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:02:26 am by Gogngos
Re: Battle Craze!! Type-M (Original Fighting Game Project)
#28  May 29, 2020, 01:32:54 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Thank you!

Updated the first post with the VOD. Planning to update it with the color separation images for the first six for user submitted palettes.

And everyone's current set of default colors.

Other than finishing Tsugumi, the only other major thing to work on is the wiki. Last night I checked and for some reason, everything is gone? The movelists for everyone is still fine, that's saved in a Google Doc, but all the lore is now lost to the public. I'm going to wait to see if by some miracle it all comes back so I can save it somewhere in a text document. If not, I'm going to rewrite everything from memory.

玉と碎けよ!
#29  June 04, 2020, 01:36:02 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Long time no update. Hope everyone's doing well in these times.

Currently, everyone has a base sprite, and Kelexo is cracking on everyone's set of default palettes. I'll update the first post to include their color separation, but I will note that things will update as FX and props are currently not sprited.

The wiki is also back online. The host was doing some maintenance and I missed the memo. In case this happens again for the long term, I made sure to save the lore to a word document.

The last major update is Tsugumi. We're currently spriting her gethits and I'm expecting her sprites to be completed before the month ends. Current progress below.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

玉と碎けよ!
#30  June 06, 2020, 03:06:45 am
The base sprites for the cast are looking really nice, leaves me looking forward to seeing everyone in motion when that time comes. :)

The palettes for the first six characters are also looking great and the animations are coming along nicely as always.

I am not sure why (although it's not much of an issue) but I wasn't able to see the base sprites of the cast, the palettes and the recent blocking/gethit animations for Tsugumi on Firefox so I used another browser to see them instead.
Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:27:41 am by Gogngos
#31  June 06, 2020, 01:44:04 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
I uploaded those from the Battle Craze Discord server, so their hosted as links from Discord. I can re-upload them from imgur later today if it might become an issue.

玉と碎けよ!
#32  June 07, 2020, 11:54:27 am
That sounds like a good idea, I don't have any problems with Imgur uploads on Firefox.

Aside from that, I made three palettes for Ajit. Hopefully these are alright. The Craze Technique UI took a while for me to figure out.

#33  June 07, 2020, 02:39:21 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Re-upped the palette reference images to imgur hosting. Apologies for the wait, was streaming stuff yesterday.

Those are pretty sweet palettes by the by! I'll be sure to include those in the game as bonus palettes.

玉と碎けよ!
#34  June 08, 2020, 04:11:12 pm
Thank you, I am glad you enjoy them! Also thank you for the Imgur reuploads as well  :)

Here are more palettes for Ajit:

A custom palette, my bad attempt at referencing something relatively obscure (Some Examples) and Kamen Rider OOO (the idea came up by complete accident after thinking of a traffic light colour motif for Ajit's Craze Technique HUD).

Hopefully the inverted tiger in the second palette isn't terrible in motion.

As for the other characters I'll wait patiently for their palette templates to be finalised before getting started on them.
Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:25:46 pm by Gogngos
#35  June 10, 2020, 12:45:45 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Very creative take on these palettes. We're definitely gonna use these, thank you!

I'm going to save the next sprite related update once everything for Tsugumi has been completed. She's nearly finished in terms of sprites. After that, I'll start spriting her stage.

玉と碎けよ!
#36  June 10, 2020, 04:34:48 pm
No worries, once again I am glad you are enjoying these palettes!

I also look forward to seeing the last of Tsugumi's sprites as well as her stage when they are finished.
#37  June 11, 2020, 01:25:05 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Tsugumi is complete in terms of sprites. Here's the rest. Tomorrow I start the stage, and hopefully that'll be complete with the AI. That's when I plan to do another Battle Craze-Cast next.

Standard Get-Ups

Stagger

Spinout

Recovery Roll

Crumple

Taunt

Intro 1

Winpose 1 (Before Deciding Round)

Winpose 2 (Deciding Round)

A Punching Bag?

玉と碎けよ!
#38  June 14, 2020, 12:33:16 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Stage has been completed. Take a peek!

We're gonna show this off once the AI for Ajit and Tsugumi are done. I'll let you know when that happens.

玉と碎けよ!
#39  June 14, 2020, 08:45:06 am
Tsugumi's stage looks really good, I like the details put into it! It's also nice to see her sprites completed as well. :)

I haven't prepared any palettes for Tsugumi yet but I will definitely get around making them as soon as I can.

Edit: Here are 5 palettes for Tsugumi using the template in the first post:

Except for the last one, all palettes are custom. I took the skin tone colour from the set of default palettes you have posted previously, hopefully it is the correct one for Tsugumi.

The bottom right colour on the palette template I am guessing is for the electrocution gethits I have filled it in yellow in the .act file but in the image it shares the same colours as the face. I will update all these palettes as soon as an updated template goes up.
Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:57:16 pm by Gogngos
#40  June 20, 2020, 02:26:12 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
Sorry for the late reply, but the bottom right one should have been a different color. I'll have to get back with Kelexo on that. Good stuff by the by.

So, since Kelexo has his hands tied with another project, which I'm not gonna disclose yet, I started on spriting Sherm. He's getting done pretty fast due to his unique style of being animated. The way he moves is referenced off of CPS1 animations, specifically, Ryu from Street Fighter II. Doing less sprites to match this style makes his progress a lot quicker than prior characters, and has given me some appreciation for that old school style.

玉と碎けよ!