YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition. (Read 713019 times)

Started by vlad_alucard, August 01, 2020, 01:05:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball Z Buyu Retsuden Mugen Edition.
#41  February 11, 2021, 11:07:36 pm
I think the roster method is the way to go. Nice progress.
#42  February 12, 2021, 02:49:50 am
    • Argentina
Thanks you a lot for the feedback guys I will use the roster method
Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:
#43  February 13, 2021, 11:01:17 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Well If it makes it easier and more practical, the roster seems like the way to go, I would prefer it by selecting palettes, but you gave some good reasons to go for the other

Yes, good evolution of the select screen.
It keep the classic feeling and leave some space for the upcoming characters.
#44  February 20, 2021, 11:14:01 am
    • Brazil
Man, this looks amazing! I literally created this account to follow the project. I was playing Shin Butoden these days, and in the search for butoden characters, I ended up finding your project. Do you intend to focus on other characters like from SB1(Cell, Dr.Gero, 16) or Super Butoden 2 (Broly, Zangya, Bojack)? seeing that you will put an SB1 Base-Goku already fills me with happiness in this project!
#45  February 21, 2021, 11:31:50 pm
    • Argentina
Man, this looks amazing! I literally created this account to follow the project. I was playing Shin Butoden these days, and in the search for butoden characters, I ended up finding your project. Do you intend to focus on other characters like from SB1(Cell, Dr.Gero, 16) or Super Butoden 2 (Broly, Zangya, Bojack)? seeing that you will put an SB1 Base-Goku already fills me with happiness in this project!

Thank you very much for your words, I don't know what to say XD. answering your questions. If the characters of SB1 are going to be present at least Goku DrGero and Android16 with custom sprites so as not to clash with Imperfect Cell, it will not be necessary. Movie characters, perhaps with the exception of Broly, will not be in the project unless they are as extra characters once the base game is completely finished. we could consider them dlc. The final roster will include all characters from SB2 and SB3 plus Buyuu Retsuden who are exclusive with a compatible appearance. (Frieza SB1 is replaced by BR's. Maybe I rescued his set of movements for a possible Cooler) And other custom chars that make the roster feel more complete like the ones already shown Vegetto and SuperBuu. Yamcha TenShinHan Nail PuiPui and Android17 are planned for the first DLC. Then we will see the idea is not to repeat characters unless they are two versions from child to adult as with Gohan or Trunks. or Majin Vegeta and normal Goku. The rest if necessary will only be Skins. Mystic Gohan for example is SB3's Adult Gohan Skin.

#46  February 22, 2021, 03:05:09 pm
    • Brazil

Thank you very much for your words, I don't know what to say XD. answering your questions. If the characters of SB1 are going to be present at least Goku DrGero and Android16 with custom sprites so as not to clash with Imperfect Cell, it will not be necessary. Movie characters, perhaps with the exception of Broly, will not be in the project unless they are as extra characters once the base game is completely finished. we could consider them dlc. The final roster will include all characters from SB2 and SB3 plus Buyuu Retsuden who are exclusive with a compatible appearance. (Frieza SB1 is replaced by BR's. Maybe I rescued his set of movements for a possible Cooler) And other custom chars that make the roster feel more complete like the ones already shown Vegetto and SuperBuu. Yamcha TenShinHan Nail PuiPui and Android17 are planned for the first DLC. Then we will see the idea is not to repeat characters unless they are two versions from child to adult as with Gohan or Trunks. or Majin Vegeta and normal Goku. The rest if necessary will only be Skins. Mystic Gohan for example is SB3's Adult Gohan Skin.

I see. I also agree that certain characters must be just skins, I literally see no difference between Vegeta Majin and SB2's Super Saiyan Vegeta. Maybe you should consider characters from Shin Butoden as "DLC" too, which in this case are: Great Saiyaman, Gotenks SSJ, Zarbon. Also, i saw a Base-Vegeta with Saiyan Armor in the prints-creens, he gonna be a skin for vegeta too?
#47  February 22, 2021, 03:10:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

I like that so much.
Yes, variations of slots are OK for different age character. Costume change is better as skin system as you said!
#48  February 22, 2021, 05:06:03 pm
    • Argentina

I see. I also agree that certain characters must be just skins, I literally see no difference between Vegeta Majin and SB2's Super Saiyan Vegeta. Maybe you should consider characters from Shin Butoden as "DLC" too, which in this case are: Great Saiyaman, Gotenks SSJ, Zarbon. Also, i saw a Base-Vegeta with Saiyan Armor in the prints-creens, he gonna be a skin for vegeta too?

No Shin Butouden has a completely different sprite style and I suffered enough creating Super Buu sprites to consider the others. Yes the Vegeta of SB3 and SB2 only have one move that differentiates them beyond the meteors, the upward kick on SB3 and the double diagonal kick from SB2. My Majin Vegeta, while keeping all the sprites, has a moveset inspired by SB3 but changed so that its differences with SB2 are big enough to be a char by itself.

The vegeta with the saiyan armor is a skin of SB2's vegeta, he also has another skin with a naked torso like when he trains with Trunks. With Majin Vegeta you can only make VegetaGT palettes but I plan to send it to the hairdresser to have an appropriate Skin. BabyVegeta to be a Majin Vegeta Skin
#49  February 22, 2021, 05:39:58 pm
    • Brazil

No Shin Butouden has a completely different sprite style and I suffered enough creating Super Buu sprites to consider the others. Yes the Vegeta of SB3 and SB2 only have one move that differentiates them beyond the meteors, the upward kick on SB3 and the double diagonal kick from SB2. My Majin Vegeta, while keeping all the sprites, has a moveset inspired by SB3 but changed so that its differences with SB2 are big enough to be a char by itself.

The vegeta with the saiyan armor is a skin of SB2's vegeta, he also has another skin with a naked torso like when he trains with Trunks. With Majin Vegeta you can only make VegetaGT palettes but I plan to send it to the hairdresser to have an appropriate Skin. BabyVegeta to be a Majin Vegeta Skin

Well, that's still great :^) Aw man, I really wish I could help you with the character sheet. I'm good at creating sprites, but I never tried a sprite sheet because it took too much of my time... Making new unique sheets like Super Buu is a big job. Keep up the good work!

#50  February 23, 2021, 09:18:18 pm
    • Brazil
Hey Vlad, i'm curious about a thing... I was on the title screen, and I was using my cell phone, and when I looked at the screen Goku was wearing the skin of Black Goku in the demo of the game, I don't know if it went unnoticed by me, but, is there a way to activate this Skin or others that are already in the game? Or haven't you finished yet so they are not programmed to be used by the player?
#51  February 23, 2021, 09:33:24 pm
    • Argentina
Hey Vlad, i'm curious about a thing... I was on the title screen, and I was using my cell phone, and when I looked at the screen Goku was wearing the skin of Black Goku in the demo of the game, I don't know if it went unnoticed by me, but, is there a way to activate this Skin or others that are already in the game? Or haven't you finished yet so they are not programmed to be used by the player?

Black Goku is a Pallete I change the order now but i think is start+c or start+z
Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:40:28 pm by vlad_alucard
#52  February 24, 2021, 12:27:42 am
    • Germany
I found something that is maybe interresting for you for DLC Characters/Skins/Updates etc.

There is this Game Dragon Ball Z Plug & Play that comes with three Minigames, one of this games is Buto-Retsuden a fighting game that uses sprites that are based on Super Butōden/Buyuu Retsuden.

It contains Characters that appeared in the Super Butōden/Buyuu Retsuden games, SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Piccolo and Perfect Cell with new stances and some differend animations for some moves.

But the realy interessting part is it also contains Kid Buu in this Sprite style.

So far only Goku has been ripped from that Game.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/plug_play/dragonballz/sheet/115949/

But the game can be emulated with mame and has a debug mode that can still be activated, and the debug mode includes an object check that shows the ingame sprites of characters, you can find some infos on the debug mode on the cutting room floor.

https://tcrf.net/Dragon_Ball_Z_(Plug_%26_Play)

Maybe this is Helpfull for you. ^_^
#53  February 24, 2021, 01:59:03 am
    • Argentina
I found something that is maybe interresting for you for DLC Characters/Skins/Updates etc.

There is this Game Dragon Ball Z Plug & Play that comes with three Minigames, one of this games is Buto-Retsuden a fighting game that uses sprites that are based on Super Butōden/Buyuu Retsuden.

It contains Characters that appeared in the Super Butōden/Buyuu Retsuden games, SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Piccolo and Perfect Cell with new stances and some differend animations for some moves.

But the realy interessting part is it also contains Kid Buu in this Sprite style.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSoD2YPb0Vs[/youtube]

So far only Goku has been ripped from that Game.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/plug_play/dragonballz/sheet/115949/

But the game can be emulated with mame and has a debug mode that can still be activated, and the debug mode includes an object check that shows the ingame sprites of characters, you can find some infos on the debug mode on the cutting room floor.

https://tcrf.net/Dragon_Ball_Z_(Plug_%26_Play)

Maybe this is Helpfull for you. ^_^

I know it Tapion, a friend is helping me by ripping it and he made the sheet that I will use for the Android17 that I will use in the future. Maybe I don't use this game sprites, but I want to have archived all the possible graphic material that will help me work.
#54  February 24, 2021, 06:34:23 pm
I'm in the process of ripping all the sprites from the game, I was going to post it here, but someone beat me to it. :mlol:

In fact, I ripped Kid Buu from there:

Also you can't get sprites from the obj check. You have to play the game and take screenshots.
Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 08:32:14 pm by AlexSin
#55  February 25, 2021, 01:09:38 am
    • Argentina
I'm in the process of ripping all the sprites from the game, I was going to post it here, but someone beat me to it. :mlol:

Also you can't get sprites from the obj check. You have to play the game and take screenshots.

thank you very much this helps me to increase my graphic databases an important part of the work that I am doing for the game is to collect all possible compatible sprites in a megasheet for each character. I am hoping to have the sprites of that game to complete them even more.I leave an example. If I had the Piccolo from that game it would be even more complete for anyone to use.

#56  February 26, 2021, 06:56:58 pm
    • Brazil
Hey Vlad, about Skins, why not the Fukkatsu no F clothers with Blue Hair for Goku and Vegeta? If it is too much work, I volunteer to make these Skins!
#57  February 27, 2021, 08:54:24 pm
    • Argentina
Hey Vlad, about Skins, why not the Fukkatsu no F clothers with Blue Hair for Goku and Vegeta? If it is too much work, I volunteer to make these Skins!

With Vegeta it seems unnecessary to apply the correct color palette, it is enough to add so many details and more if it gets done wrong they make the sprite look ugly. With goku it can be done if we take the gt skin with the z color palette applied and then put the trunks boots in blue is in fact easy to do but I would like more to have a skin with a naked torso. I tried copying those of a char but discovered that most were sprites of gohan with the head of goku.

now if you really would like to do it I'll leave you the necessary sheets and once you have it I put it in an sff inside the char folder.

#58  February 28, 2021, 01:16:41 pm
    • Brazil
Also, do you have Twitter or Discord? I would like to send it directly, since I don't know how to handle these forums so much...
#59  March 01, 2021, 08:12:19 am
    • Argentina
#60  March 01, 2021, 06:07:09 pm
    • Argentina
    • mar-c_cruz@hotmail.com

this is great, I had just started ripping Kid Buu too, but looking at your sheet, I see that I was missing some sprites :D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

if you could rip Vegeta out of that game I'd be grateful so I can edit it to be a Jeice.