YesNoOk

Is there a way to make a coin deposit button to mugen? (Read 125193 times)

Started by digilevi, December 13, 2007, 05:09:27 am
Share this topic:
Is there a way to make a coin deposit button to mugen?
#1  December 13, 2007, 05:09:27 am
    • musiccrave.phpnet.us/phpbb
hi guys,

im only new to mugen and i dont know if this existed before but if its not, is there a way to make mugen have a coin deposit functionality like other emulators for arcade does  ::)? if so, how will i do this?

thanks

cheers!
Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:13:38 am by digilevi
Re: Is there a way to make a coin deposit button to mugen?
#2  December 13, 2007, 05:35:09 am
  • Never give up
#3  December 13, 2007, 05:45:03 am
ow so sad  :-\

thanks anyway
#4  December 13, 2007, 05:50:02 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Yes. :)

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#5  December 13, 2007, 05:53:06 am
#6  December 13, 2007, 06:04:48 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
like other emulators for arcade does

Hi.

It's not an emulator.
#7  December 13, 2007, 06:11:04 am
so if its not an emulator, is it a program? if its a program, is it possible to reprogram it and have a coin deposit functionality? thanks again guys. cheers!  :D
#8  December 13, 2007, 06:14:17 am
Yes, it's a program.

No, you can't reprogram it because there is no source code available.
#9  December 13, 2007, 06:14:51 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
No there's no way to make it do that.

LOL @ at picking up hints that you want to make mugen coin-operated. Shame on you.  >:(
#10  December 13, 2007, 06:18:13 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
deltree C:

plzkthx
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#11  December 13, 2007, 06:19:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ask around the guys who have made the xbox coin operated, it should be the same way, 1 coin = 10 minutes, by using a timer to disable input, circuit wise.
#12  December 13, 2007, 06:56:27 am
No there's no way to make it do that.

LOL @ at picking up hints that you want to make mugen coin-operated. Shame on you.  >:(

why shame on me? its just a question. by the way its just an answer to King of MUGEN's yes answer

deltree C:

plzkthx

now this is being rude. why dont you run cmd.exe and type shutdown -s -t 01 -c "id rather sleep"  >:D

thanks for all your answers.
#13  December 13, 2007, 07:21:58 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There have been people over the ages interested into crafting mugen into "pirated" arcades to make money,which is not only highly immoral as wrong.
Some people already do that with emulators,creating arcades out of mame.
That is what "running mugen coin operated" reminds people of.
#14  December 13, 2007, 07:26:29 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Are you a loltrepreneur, digilevi?
#15  December 13, 2007, 07:28:49 am
Are you an loltrepreneur, digilevi?

nope but i want to astonish my friends with the power of mugen over other emulators, not from a pc but from my custom and private arcade machine.  :sugoi:  ;)
#16  December 13, 2007, 09:54:30 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
#17  December 13, 2007, 09:57:12 am
oooppps im sorry.

;D

JNi

#18  December 13, 2007, 09:59:53 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
hi guys,

im only new to mugen and i dont know if this existed before but if its not, is there a way to make mugen have a coin deposit functionality like other emulators for arcade does  ::)? if so, how will i do this?

thanks

cheers!

Only for arcade machines here in culiacan exist a machine arcade with
a mugen game  ;D

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:08:56 am by Mugen Toons
#19  December 13, 2007, 10:24:33 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
* VinnyJ imagines a screenpack with the INSERT COIN flashing, and silly people chucking in PESOS waiting for it to acknowledge the coin
#20  December 13, 2007, 10:26:37 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
The creators will be expecting royalties should you make any money.
#21  December 13, 2007, 02:59:35 pm
Maybe...
But it´s not better just do a arcade cabinet without coin deposit, configure the joysticks and go play?It´s for private use anyway...
#22  December 13, 2007, 04:50:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
or just charge cover ?
#23  December 13, 2007, 04:52:58 pm
  • SNK is life
I think you could make a cabinet that upon receiving the coin activates the joysticks.
#24  December 13, 2007, 06:21:23 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
What have your "friends" done to you that made you say to yourself "Hey, I'm going to scam money off of them"? It's like selling water.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#25  December 13, 2007, 06:35:00 pm
  • Am I evil?

Sig made by TempesT :)
#26  December 13, 2007, 06:44:30 pm
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#27  December 14, 2007, 12:25:04 am
  • In after lock
Yes there is and no I'm not going to tell you how because you probably aren't a programmer.

#28  December 14, 2007, 12:43:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
forcefully freeze the process ?
#29  December 14, 2007, 12:47:38 am
first off you should have coin sluts in your computer
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#30  December 14, 2007, 12:48:17 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
#31  December 14, 2007, 12:55:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it depends on what you do consider an arcade board. most of the ones i have seen lately are pcs runing linux.
#32  December 14, 2007, 12:59:22 am
    • Brazil
#33  December 14, 2007, 01:03:26 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
That's an interface running the battles via command prompt.
#34  December 14, 2007, 02:00:54 am
  • hail to the king baby
    • www.myspace.com/ilovemyjessica
Yes there is and no I'm not going to tell you how because you probably aren't a programmer.

man...why do you have to be such an asswhole? all the kid wants is to have his mugen coin operated just like in mame. whats the big deal in helping him do it. wither his intentions are to sell the game or just for his personal use, who cares. hes asking for help, if you dont want to give it to him then dont post.
#35  December 14, 2007, 02:04:37 am
    • Brazil

i tought that so. which makes it rather simillar to a dream project of mine.

man...why do you have to be such an asswhole? all the kid wants is to have his mugen coin operated just like in mame. whats the big deal in helping him do it. wither his intentions are to sell the game or just for his personal use, who cares. hes asking for help, if you dont want to give it to him then dont post.

believe it or not, he is not. if the guy is not a programmer, he will probably not understand a single word of the so called "solution".

so, please, try not to flame, mmkay?
#36  December 14, 2007, 02:10:37 am
  • In after lock

The knowledge of how won't get him anywhere provided the first condition fails and I also waste my time as it is quite lengthy to only do within Mugen itself.

#37  December 14, 2007, 02:21:05 am
  • hail to the king baby
    • www.myspace.com/ilovemyjessica

believe it or not, he is not. if the guy is not a programmer, he will probably not understand a single word of the so called "solution".

flame? naw man, im just trying to get it through that if he doesnt want to help him out then dont even say anything. i mean honestly, tell me that wouldnt be stupid when you ask something and a kid comes up to you and flat out says...well, i know how do it, but i just dont want to help you.

The knowledge of how won't get him anywhere provided the first condition fails and I also waste my time as it is quite lengthy to only do within Mugen itself.

then tell him THAT rather then acting stingy.
#38  December 14, 2007, 02:58:35 am
  • Sucks to your Numerology!

Now you can never unsee it.
#39  December 14, 2007, 05:59:24 am

flame? naw man, im just trying to get it through that if he doesnt want to help him out then dont even say anything. i mean honestly, tell me that wouldnt be stupid when you ask something and a kid comes up to you and flat out says...well, i know how do it, but i just dont want to help you.

then tell him THAT rather then acting stingy.

Respectively: He gave a reason why/And programming is complicated business, and it may involve teaching someone how to program.

Cenobite 53 said:
#40  December 14, 2007, 06:53:32 am
im sorry guys if ive caused you so much trouble  :'(. maybe i recommend to admins closing this topic, bec it will destroy camraderies and might change how we look at mugen. maybe, ill just figure it myself, ill just find "SLUTS"(or SLOTS-->> whatever) on the streets  ;D.

thanks to all of you guys.

:sugoi:

#41  December 14, 2007, 07:06:22 am
Sluts have slots, right? Two birds with one stone.

Cenobite 53 said:
#42  December 14, 2007, 07:17:12 am
yeah you're right, hehe :D
#43  December 14, 2007, 07:24:25 am
  • Never give up
#44  December 14, 2007, 07:36:01 am
o man :(
thats a bold move to do. but mugen rocks!!!
#45  December 14, 2007, 07:45:41 am
  • Coming Soon?
SARCASM REACHING DANGEROUS LEVELS!!!!
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:50:18 am by DemonicDrPhil
#46  December 14, 2007, 08:00:05 am
i myself have a forum, so i know how it feels like to have members spamming your board, so if you think its sarcasm, so be it. thanks for the compliment. :)
#47  December 14, 2007, 05:28:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

you know, the guy might have replyed "buti am a programmer" and then get an explanation, i don't see the assholery in that.
#48  December 14, 2007, 06:51:21 pm

you know, the guy might have replyed "buti am a programmer" and then get an explanation, i don't see the assholery in that.

from King of Mugen: Yes there is and no I'm not going to tell you how because you probably aren't a programmer.

i was judged right away...  :) and i think probability is as good as conclusion/assumption  :)
#49  December 14, 2007, 07:35:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
consider it as a guy who is asking: "do you know how to break mach speed ?" , then gets a reply of "i would tell you but i don't think you are a pilot".
#50  December 14, 2007, 07:39:56 pm
good anal
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#51  December 14, 2007, 08:14:48 pm
consider it as a guy who is asking: "do you know how to break mach speed ?" , then gets a reply of "i would tell you but i don't think you are a pilot".

Or more like "what's the theory to travel in time" receiving the answer "why would I bother explaining, you won't understand one tenth of the words I'll be using".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#52  December 15, 2007, 11:45:02 am
i dont know if someone knows me and my capabilities here but i think none :sugoi:
#53  December 15, 2007, 06:57:10 pm
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.

i tought that so. which makes it rather simillar to a dream project of mine.

What were you planning on building your project in?
I kinda want to build something in AIR when it hits linux.

digilevi, You may find this useful.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=69002.msg570682;topicseen#msg570682
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=67212.msg554895;topicseen#msg554895
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:14:52 pm by MirageAtoli
#54  December 17, 2007, 05:18:39 am
tnx MirageAtoli,

this helped me a lot. now, i have more options how to do the coin SLUTS.

thanks again ;D
#55  July 07, 2022, 01:55:08 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
tnx MirageAtoli,

this helped me a lot. now, i have more options how to do the coin SLUTS.

thanks again ;D

14 years later I have 2 possible solutions for you

I hope that you can read me today

Ok the first way is to use mugen 1.1 with MugenHook by ermannaccer and a custom frontend for playing the loop (I suggest using multimedia fusion in principal or the way with Game Maker Studio) and use the next loop

First make a mugen system def with all modes desactivated, this will give you the bucle or loop of intro and demos

then make a mugen system def with only arcade mode name in system def

when you have your two system def modificated with two names, we can begin with the frontend desing

Step 1: be sure that in mugen.cfg you only have full screen mode, this is a trick for mimicking a classic arcade operator

Step 3: make a shortcuf file of your principal mugen file, example: mugen.exe , but remember, make a shortcut file

4.-go inside the propierties of your shortcut and in the shortcut browser look for tag or destiny line "where is specificated the location" and in the first location line add quotes and add the command: -r,, specifically -r <sysfile> , so you will make 2 versions of your mugen exe with the specified system def parameter loaded

example: C:\Users\AUSERPC\Downloads\No_limit_Winmugen_patch \No_limit_Winmugen_patch\Winmugen.exe -r  <systemattractmode.def>
example: C:\Users\AUSERPC\Downloads\No_limit_Winmugen_patch \No_limit_Winmugen_patch\Winmugen.exe -r  <systemonlyarcademode.def>

Step 4: in your frontend put a button that simulate escape button, so the idea is that the bucle/loop of intro and demo fight still excecuting until push button, so the first mugen will close and open the another mugen with arcade mode (to this point is very important that you have the mogenhook latest version cuz that can make that your second player joins during the match)

Step 5: so if anything goes right, after closing the mugen with attract mode the only arcade mugen mode (I really really recommend you replace in your system.def file the arcade mode name to press start or push p1 or p2 button like classic arcades)

Benefits:

- The player that begins is the player that ends, for example if you push 2nd Player button you will play always as second player in the side of second player

-MIDI Music (If you are trying to mimic a arcade is important to mimicing the hardware, is art and the art is important in the mind of players) (with loopmidi and falcosoft you can give a ride of a cps2 like music machine with the available soundfonts)

Contras:

- NO CONTINUE SCREEN CREDIT MANAGEMENT (Only Available in ikemen)
- NO BOSS CUTSCENES (forget the impressive krizalid or KOF cutscenes previous to boss fights, only available in ikemen)

The second Way is using Ikemen Go plus, with the attract mode and credit feature inbuilt, continue with credit counter and boss cutscenes

the contras or bad things about ikemen go

If you begin with second player or continue with second player you ALWAYS BEGIN in Player 1 side, wherever you continue after defeating player character one or starting the arcade mode
NO MIDI MUSIC
NO MIDI PORT
NO SOUNDFONT

So there is the way that you can use  a silly chuking CHILLI PESOS or CHILE PESOS