Satan Z2 [Release] (Read 55457 times)

Started by Cybaster, April 01, 2012, 09:45:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Satan Z2 by Team Z2
#21  April 02, 2012, 01:18:53 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Fuck I actually fell for that.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#22  April 02, 2012, 01:32:48 am
Fuck what all of you are saying im gonna edit him so derp can be sorta legit.  :watchout:

EDIT: Now that I've played with him I would have no complains if you just atleast made his jumping state sized right and added all of the custom states he needs to feel otherwise like a normal character.
Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:43:54 am by Cazaki
#23  April 02, 2012, 01:47:06 am
  • You don't know enehthin.
I think the sad part is that this character is actually stronger than the latest release of Vegeta  :trollface:
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#24  April 02, 2012, 02:04:48 am

-When Hercule moves his mouth in his stance his face appears over other things.

-Sometimes Hercule will block, showing off some Vegeta sprites.

-I've noticed this sometimes with Hercule and Goku's physical and special Super DBZ KO's, sometimes the nomusic will stutter a little bit and you can hear bits of the bg music when you shouldn't.  Is this a problem with the characters or just my computer?

-The way Spirit Bomb is set up coupled with the Hercule team support leads to infinite Spirit Bomb usage.  It only costs energy to make the bar show up, but with Hercule making it always active then you can throw as many as you want, because it takes no energy to throw it. Intentionally cheap?

-Would it be plausible to add some sort of win animation for Hercule when he's teamed up with Goku as Spirit Bomb support?  It seems just a little odd for him to be standing there with his arms up at the end of the fight, and he does have a lose pose after all.

-You have to press a button to proceed after winning team a battle with Hercule as support, instead of going on by itself.

-Losing a match in team modes with Hercule as Goku's partner causes Mugen to get stuck and not proceed.

-Hercule's energy gathering starts a little early, before the fighting actually starts.

-When you use Goku's Spirit Bomb follow up to Kaioken against Hercule, the match freezes.

And a couple of nonfeedback related questions: Will he be getting a Japanese soundpack? And will he be getting an actual taunt animation and a sprited large portrait?  What about a Kaioken back broken animation or a Midnight Bliss?
Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:01:18 am by BT52694
#25  April 02, 2012, 08:24:42 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
All of your feedback (minus the last paragraph) were already mentioned by me to Cybaster,
(with the Super KO Background stuttering thing being an age-old problem since Goku  :twisted: . For the love of god Cy, FIX IT! ONCE AND FOR ALL THIS TIME!)
but guess he didn't get to it because of time restrains (and also because I didn't get to spriting some things,
a winpose for Satan in Team Mode was actually on my to-do list).

Infiniate Spirit Bomb usage was intentional ofcourse, it had to be Satan's redeeming feature to put him in your roster!
He wouldn't have been of much use if he played normally in Team Mode.

#26  April 02, 2012, 08:26:11 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wow, that's some nice and lengthy feedback. :ninja:
Thanks a lot. :)
Before addressing everything, I just want to point out this char was made in just a bit more than one week, for April's fool, so he obviously wasn't tested as extensively as Goku, resulting in possible bugs since I'm no IronMugen or Warusaki3. :P

-When Hercule moves his mouth in his stance his face appears over other things.
Yeah, Balthazar send me the body separated from his mouth, which are separated from his eyes. That was me being too lazy to put the sprites together in Photoshop and create a very lengthy stance animation, so I just displayed them as explods. ;P
Will be fixed for sure, I just need some time to do that.

-Sometimes Hercule will block, showing off some Vegeta sprites.
Shit! Must come from when Satan blocks an attack such as a throw that can be blocked. He should roll/dodge/pray automatically. Will fix.

-I've noticed this sometimes with Hercule and Goku's physical and special Super DBZ KO's, sometimes the nomusic will stutter a little bit and you can hear bits of the bg music when you shouldn't.  Is this a problem with the characters or just my computer?
Must be a problem with my code. :ninja:

-The way Spirit Bomb is set up coupled with the Hercule team support leads to infinite Spirit Bomb usage.  It only costs energy to make the bar show up, but with Hercule making it always active then you can throw as many as you want, because it takes no energy to throw it. Intentionally cheap?
Iced told me to put a limiter, which I was going to do at some point... but didn't. Actually, this team stuff needs more play-testing IMO. I know it can possibly lead to infinites, but I'd like to know how Goku stands against two chars that actually have an AI. It's still 1vs2, and even with that Genkidama stuff I'm not sure he's powerful enough. Well, need to test more, as said.

-Would it be plausible to add some sort of win animation for Hercule when he's teamed up with Goku as Spirit Bomb support?  It seems just a little odd for him to be standing there with his arms up at the end of the fight, and he does have a lose pose after all.
When Balthazar gets to it, he'll surely have a little more animations. :yes:

-You have to press a button to proceed after winning team a battle with Hercule as support, instead of going on by itself.
-Losing a match in team modes with Hercule as Goku's partner causes Mugen to get stuck and not proceed.
I thought I fixed that. Will check.

-Hercule's energy gathering starts a little early, before the fighting actually starts.
It should start when roundstate=2, so when chars can actually fight.

-When you use Goku's Spirit Bomb follow up to Kaioken against Hercule, the match freezes.
Lack of testing. :S Will fix.

- Will he be getting a Japanese soundpack?
- And will he be getting an actual taunt animation and a sprited large portrait? What about a Kaioken back broken animation or a Midnight Bliss?
- Depends if Jweezy is motivated to rip the sounds.
- All this is in Balthazar's hands. He'll probably get to it between 2 Vegeta animations. :D
#27  April 02, 2012, 10:51:46 am
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Will he always stay as a April Fools character, or do you plan to make him erm "normal"? Like adding moves, crouching and air basic, supers etc?
#28  April 02, 2012, 11:17:07 am
    • France
He already has 3 supers. :ninja:

Actually, no idea. I can add specific winquotes, "AI", specific voices against Cell, Gohan, etc. but about actually remaking his gameplay to make him more conventionnal (ie. like Choujin's Satan who blends well with his other chars), that's not planned at all for now, and I'm pretty sure Balthazar is more motivated by spriting Vegeta rather than making aerial/crouching basics for Satan. ;P
#29  April 02, 2012, 01:44:44 pm
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Totally understandable :) Thank you.
#30  April 02, 2012, 03:20:44 pm
Also, is it intentional that Hercule doesn't have any blue CLSNs for his strong punch?

#31  April 02, 2012, 03:29:58 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
For once a April fool who isnt bad ! Thanks guys x)

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#32  April 02, 2012, 03:31:33 pm
    • France

GOH

#33  April 02, 2012, 03:44:55 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I'm dying here. :laugh:
#34  April 02, 2012, 09:27:52 pm
Another problem with the face explod:

And will Hercule ever get a fancy readme like Goku?
Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:06:55 am by BT52694
#35  April 02, 2012, 10:46:14 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Come to think of it, with him having a Sazhh Katzroy palette, I believe someone will probably eventually edit Mr.Satan's sprites here and make a Sazh edit character.

Just got a hunch. XD
#36  April 02, 2012, 11:52:45 pm
    • Bulgaria
    • mugen-hiresedits.blogspot.com
Thank you! :bravo:
#37  April 03, 2012, 06:57:32 am
Hercule's Shun Satan Satsu seems to act a little weird for certain characters, usually skinny ones, where he slides and pushes them for a while before connecting, instead of immediately grabbing them. Sometimes it randomly doesn't connect at all (Yoko by Warusaki for example.)

Might I suggest making Hercule do a few more punches in his Coup De Grace special, and make it a little stronger?

A few reasons: It seems a little less safe than Are the cameras rolling !?. It seems odd for his super setup to go A=Middle, B=Weakest, C=Strongest. It would also give him time to finish his punching voice before he says Coup De Grace, so they don't overlap.
Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:02:02 am by BT52694
#38  April 03, 2012, 08:36:00 am
    • France
1-Another problem with the face explod:
2-And will Hercule ever get a fancy readme like Goku?
1- Yeah, will be fixed when I copy-paste faces/eyes on the sprites, as I said.
2- Probably. :)

Hercule's Shun Satan Satsu seems to act a little weird for certain characters, usually skinny ones, where he slides and pushes them for a while before connecting, instead of immediately grabbing them. Sometimes it randomly doesn't connect at all (Yoko by Warusaki for example.)
Strange. Will test on a larger variety of characters then.

Might I suggest making Hercule do a few more punches in his Coup De Grace special, and make it a little stronger?

A few reasons: It seems a little less safe than Are the cameras rolling !?. It seems odd for his super setup to go A=Middle, B=Weakest, C=Strongest. It would also give him time to finish his punching voice before he says Coup De Grace, so they don't overlap.
Well, I always felt B was safer than A, due to the fact it send the opponent away at the end. So that's why I made it deal slightly less damage. As for the voices, I'll work on them, but don't want to make him perform too many of them, or it will remove the cool factor from A. :P
#39  April 03, 2012, 04:34:45 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I wanted to take the oppertunity to thank everyone involved:
Iced (who pitched the idea as a joke, but we went with it), Cybaster (light-speed coding), Chamat (sprite help), MalaDingDong (dem pals), and JWeezy (voices!)!
Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:39:22 pm by Balthazar
#40  April 03, 2012, 05:00:10 pm
I thought I fixed that. Will check.

Seconded. You end up having to wait for the round to time out if Goku loses. (assuming this wasn't intentional) Maybe a 1.0 problem?