Bowser movelist
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Version 1.7
Version v2.0
Version 2.7

you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2eic1stxtq18zka/Bowser_2.7.rar/file
Thanks to:
OHMSBY (for letting me use their chars as the basis for programming them)
Ploaj (sprites from the game mario and luigi bowser's inside story and bowser jr's journey, mario and luigi dream team superstar saga and bowser's minions, mario and luigi dream team dream team)
aokmaniac13 (effects kof XIII)
fawfulthegreat64 (voice rips mario and luigi bowser's inside story and bowser jr's journey)
ROUGEShadow (portrait 9000.0)
CozySquirtle (palette: Bowser from Super Mario 64)
PlasmoidThunder, SolidZone 26, Mr. Giang (feedback)
Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:06:32 pm by k6666orochi
Re: Bowser v1.0
#2  July 23, 2019, 08:57:37 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Finally he's here. Here's my feedback on him:
-Back dash has no envshake and guard sound effect when he touches the ground.
-The hitspark and guard spark on Fireball is misaligned.
-I personally think you should change the charge punch of how it functions (Example: If used without charging, it won't knock the opponent down, but charging for two seconds will).
-The slide effect on the Charged Punch doesn't appear if charged for two seconds.
-The Goomba disappears by a frame and not through a fade.
-The bomb on the Fly Guy striker disappears in the middle of the air and doesn't make contact on the ground (Which makes this move easily avoidable by crouching).
-The super background could be changed as it's still Yang's color (Make it the similar green color to his SSB4 amiibo packaging).
-Bowser during The Grand Finale doesn't appear through a transition.
-A few of Yang's sprites still exist in the SFF file.

That should be all of it. By the way, this character and OHMSBY's Kirby was the sole reason why I plan to make Mario. So can't wait to make a special intro for him.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  July 23, 2019, 12:19:51 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
First time testing this style.
How do I do the Burst?
Also yes the Fly Guy move is weird.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  July 23, 2019, 06:14:00 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
The Goomba should fall down the ground to offscreen instead of just disappearing.

Also I like the Dream Bowser attack, but I would perfer a Giant/Giga Bowser hyper where he acts like the Red Dragon/Onslaught 2nd Form/Apocalypse

Aside of that, this is the best Bowser made.
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#5  July 23, 2019, 06:56:18 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Unorganised feedback:
  • You placed a hurtbox over his head, which is fair enough I guess, but he keeps this even when his head isn't there (like during walk back). I'd recommend forgoing the headbox and just extending his hurtbox out slightly.
  • Width is much smaller than his hurtboxes are, resulting in weird overlap.

And this:
  • Frame 6 for this (5A) is disappointing:
  • Did you change his idle hurtboxes partway through development and then forget to change them for all animations that use them? Animations like crouch to stand have his hurtboxes shift about a bit, which is why I asked.
  • Hard to tell if they were intentional, but it feels like there's some Yang stuff you forgot to take out or change, such as the autoguard on 5B and 66A (as well as Fire Breath, even though it goes unused), and the overhead property of 66B, despite it not looking much like an overhead.
  • Lots of unused leftovers from Yang; while it doesn't affect the character in-game, it'd help to reduce the character's filesize.
  • 2C lacks a hurtbox for the first 5 frames; is this intentional?
  • Curious that 5C is a wind-up punch instead of the universal overhead present in the few OHMSBY characters I've tested; also curious that the overcharged hit isn't an overhead considering Bowser falls on the opponent.
  • Assists have no limiter, so you can summon another instance of the same assist that's already on screen; this is most obvious with Piranha Plant.
  • Why does grounded EX Fireball launch at the ground? It has no practical benefit over the A and B versions, so it seems like a waste of 500 Power.
  • I have a few issues with Bowser Bomb, so here goes:
    • Lacks hurtboxes during recovery.
    • Should really have two separate HitDefs for going up and coming down, thus hitting the opponent twice at close range; I also feel the move should hit overhead when coming down.
    • Partially related to the above, this thing is -71 on block if it hits on the first active frame and (assuming the opponent is a standing Kung Fu Man) -44 on block if it hits on the way down. This move really isn't worth the risk.
  • On the subject of frame data, here's his Normals on hit:
    • 5A = -9
    • 5AA = -3
    • 5AAA = +10
    • 5B = +8
    • 5BB = KD
    • 2A = +9
    • 2B = KD
    • 2C = KD
    And on block:
    • 5A = -9
    • 5AA = -4
    • 5AAA = +7
    • 5B = +2
    • 5BB = -7
    • 2A = +9
    • 2B = -15
    • 2C = -27
    It's all over the place and 5AAA being +10 on hit results in this:
    https://streamable.com/z6rkd
  • Trying to chain crouching Normals in the corner against someone who doesn't have large hurtboxes is really difficult.
  • Seems odd for Banzai Bill to do 300 damage considering how large the projectile is and how fast it travels across the screen; almost completely outclasses Flame Breath.
  • The Grand Finale assumes the move will KO the opponent, so if they somehow survive, the music keeps playing endlessly.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#6  July 23, 2019, 08:16:44 pm
    • Argentina
The Goomba should fall down the ground to offscreen instead of just disappearing.

Also I like the Dream Bowser attack, but I would perfer a Giant/Giga Bowser hyper where he acts like the Red Dragon/Onslaught 2nd Form/Apocalypse

Aside of that, this is the best Bowser made.
1- it's a reference to super mario bros
2-I didn't find gigabowser sprites, besides the Dream Bowser hammer attack would be his most powerful attack, I had planned to use the intro of the final boss of the game Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Megadragonbowser) but the images would have a lot of color loss and the char would be heavier

3-thanks

thanks PlasmoidThunder and SolidZone 26 I'm checking and fixing those problems
  • Seems odd for Banzai Bill to do 300 damage considering how large the projectile is and how fast it travels across the screen; almost completely outclasses Flame Breath.
not exactly Flame Breath has less distance but if you have another power bar at the exact moment it can be done again to hit a second time and do more damage
Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:33:41 pm by k6666orochi
#7  July 24, 2019, 04:12:01 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#8  July 24, 2019, 04:14:15 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Also, to add to Plasmoid's feedback that was technically found first by Mr. Giang, certain helpers ignore damage scaling because they apply RicePigeon's damage scaling system incorrectly.
#9  July 24, 2019, 05:23:23 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Aside what Nep said and multiple problems Plas has pointed out, I have also noticed some of other problems (which I had also noted in your Ruby thread and wasn't even fixed in your Bowser):
- No hit stun scaling on projectiles.
- No Tripping OTG custom state, which screws up Bowser's damage output heavily due to fall.defence_up.
- Burst can still work during Helper-based Hypers due to your Burst code not having Nep's Helper-detection.
- I have zero idea why he has 110 defence in the file. All of OHMSBY-style characters always keep it at 100 for consistency as well as avoiding damage-messing up mechanic.
- You can still combo off Burst, which isn't a thing with OHMSBY's characters.
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:30:58 am by Mr. Giang
#10  July 24, 2019, 05:56:18 am
    • Argentina
thanks i will check it
bowser was made in a version that does not have all the things that had the latest updates of the OHMSBY chars that includes the editions of yang and ruby, if you give me all the new codes that he add they would help me a lot to update all my characters
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:04:53 am by k6666orochi
#11  July 24, 2019, 07:13:45 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

bowser was made in a version that does not have all the things that had the latest updates of the OHMSBY chars that includes the editions of yang and ruby, if you give me all the new codes that he add they would help me a lot to update all my characters

Those problems (at least those I pointed out) don't have anything to do with OHMSBY's updates. You should probably be able to fix them yourself instead of relying on OHMSBY's template. If you have any troubles with fixing them (coding wise), feel free to ask in the Dev section.
Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:17:37 am by Mr. Giang
#12  July 25, 2019, 01:20:55 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

No doubt to say this. Despite some issues, like the A button combo did an infinite sometimes, this is the best Bowser i ever played so far in MUGEN.
Such dope work you did K. :)
#13  July 25, 2019, 04:14:42 am
    • Argentina
[youtube]https://youtu.be/R8XtZDgQv5M[/youtube]

No doubt to say this. Despite some issues, like the A button combo did an infinite sometimes, this is the best Bowser i ever played so far in MUGEN.
Such dope work you did K. :)
thanks, that problem of the "A" infinite combo  is already fixed, it will be in the next update
#14  July 25, 2019, 06:53:28 am
    • Chile

Have this I did for your char
#15  July 25, 2019, 02:35:09 pm
    • USA
Ultimate Koopa/Colorful Bowser from Super Mario 64
(This was actually rather rough.)
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#16  July 26, 2019, 05:29:42 pm
    • Argentina

Have this I did for your char
thanks i changed it

Ultimate Koopa/Colorful Bowser from Super Mario 64
(This was actually rather rough.)

thanks for the palette, look very good :)

Some changes I made at the moment because I am somewhat busy:
3 new palettes were added
the small portrait was changed
change the time in the animation 200
change the time in the animation 202 correcting the infinite combo
the size of the collision boxes was increased and the ones in the head position were removed in almost all animations
all yang sprites were removed
Player width of the character was increased to 30 (I don't know if I'm exaggerating with that xD) on the ground and 20 in the air
the defense returned to 100

This is what I did so far these days I was busy
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:43:14 pm by k6666orochi
#17  July 31, 2019, 07:51:41 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
It's beautiful...
#18  August 09, 2019, 10:42:32 pm
    • Argentina
new update coming soon

New astral heat
Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:18:44 pm by k6666orochi
#19  August 12, 2019, 04:42:24 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Question, why is Bowser still light as a feather during his back dash? During his normal jumps and air dash, his landing is using the guard sound effect and has envshake. The back dash is the only one using a normal landing sound effect with no envshake. Good to see the astral heat is reworked instead. All it's left is sound effects.

Just a suggestion, but can you change the landing sound effect so it's the same one used on OHMSBY's Waldstein? That way, you won't have to use the same sound effect for two different occasions and keeps it consistent.

Looks like the update fixed all of that and the new landing/stomp sound effects fits perfectly in his sprite style. Thanks, k6666orochi. Will update again for further feedback after some testing.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:16:35 am by SolidZone 26
Re: Bowser v1.7
#20  August 12, 2019, 12:43:58 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
New Astral looks a bit lame, but then the original wasn't much to begin with. The music itself doesn't help one bit, but a complete lack of sound effects really make it seem like Bowser.gif followed by a big explosion.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.