YesNoOk

Caddie general thread |Current: SF2NES| (Read 100111 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, June 07, 2011, 06:35:42 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Hey there, which stage do YOU want to play?

Kof 95 Rival Team/Iori stage
16 (20%)
All 8 640x480 Neowave stages
25 (31.3%)
The last of the SFA3 stages
16 (20%)
More Garou: MotW stages
23 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Re: Caddie's stages are all back online
#61  June 23, 2011, 12:48:26 am
    • USA
And you are...  :???:

Hey Caddie, actually...

- Turn your CVS2 England joke video into a real stage. :haw:
- Actually do the same with all the CVS2 stages.

Any plans for this? I dont care if they are not 3D as long as they are HR.
#62  June 23, 2011, 12:51:26 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
The BEST you guys can hope out of me is for me to redo the CvS2 Training stage in 640x480 resolution. I started that a while ago and obviously still have the original rips.

I might also redo the Neowave ones too. MIGHT. Everything else is off the table.
#63  June 23, 2011, 12:53:09 am
    • USA
IIRC we already have a 3D HR version of the training stage. You should move to the Neowave ones first (The Clock Tower one :) ).
#64  June 23, 2011, 12:56:49 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
@rednavi
I'm the dude in your street corner waiting for you to come around so I can bust your head open with a nail bat. :P
Seriously, wtf bro?

@Caddie
Neowave and CVS training? Nice.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#65  June 23, 2011, 12:57:15 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
With all due respect to the creator of the CvS2 HR stage, the version that's out there wouldn't be as good as the one I would put out. It's missing frames, and is coded in a way that causes skipped frames and/or slowdown.
#66  June 23, 2011, 01:03:03 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm lucky enough to not have gotten yelled at yet. :innocent:
Now that you remind me of that... Where are you with the project !? >:(

Btw when I do move the stages to 1.0 I'm considering using the stages actual resolution instead of 320x240. Like 304x224(or 320x224) for SNK stages and 384x224 for Capcom stages.
Seems like a nice plan, as you strive for complete accuracy. Some problems may rise though, so it will probably be best to include 2 DEF files each time, with the accurate resolution as well as the 320*240 one. :yes:

With all due respect to the creator of the CvS2 HR stage, the version that's out there wouldn't be as good as the one I would put out. It's missing frames, and is coded in a way that causes skipped frames and/or slowdown.
Yeah, it was Drex or MackX. While the creator did a nice job IMO, the stage was assymmetric. :(
And building it for 1.0 at localcoord=640,480 would ensure no frame skipping or bad rounding of values.

1) I started that a while ago and obviously still have the original rips.
2) I might also redo the Neowave ones too. MIGHT. Everything else is off the table.
1) Oh, so you're not part of the 80% of Mugen creators who have this hardrive crash malediction. :haw:
2) But, but, KOF 12 & 13 :???: I kid, I kid. :P

#67  June 23, 2011, 01:05:27 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Kof 13 doesn't run on my computer, and I don't use other people's rips for stages I convert. :(

Oh and yes I have every single layer that I've ever ripped archived. Both the original rips and the "edited for Mugen" rips. ;D
#68  June 23, 2011, 02:29:10 am
  • SNK is life
Hey Cad

Would you mind adding a small README on the site, so people can be informed on why each of those stages is SO AWESOME?
#69  June 23, 2011, 02:44:23 am
    • France
Here, I wrote it for you :haw:

FAQ :

Q : Why should I download these stages?
A : Because they're awesome!

Q : Why are they awesome?
A : Because I made them!

Q : Are they accurate to source?
A : Yes. Every single stage was made to be as accurate to source as possible. Each stage is pixel and tick accurate, down to the mistakes made by the companies themselves.

Q : But Author XXX made them better than you!
A : Prove it you bitch!

Q : Make stage XXX from game YYY, plzthnxbye.
A : Okay, but only after you kiss my ass, suck my balls and F yourself.
#70  June 23, 2011, 07:58:23 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
:stare: You a tyrant mang >:(
#71  June 23, 2011, 08:41:24 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
FAQ :

Q : Why should I download these stages?
A : Because they're awesome!

Q : Why are they awesome?
A : Because I made them!

Q : Are they accurate to source?
A : Yes. Every single stage was made to be as accurate to source as possible. Each stage is pixel and tick accurate, down to the mistakes made by the companies themselves.

Q : But Author XXX made them better than you!
A : Prove it you bitch!

Q : Make stage XXX from game YYY, plzthnxbye.
A : Okay, but only after you kiss my ass, suck my balls and F yourself.

Sounds about right.
#72  June 23, 2011, 08:44:34 am
    • USA
U need some quality warranty like "If you find a bug in my stages I'll give you a pink shirt or a weird hat for FREE!"  :D
#73  June 24, 2011, 02:55:45 am
  • SNK is life
no, but like ... a story, the legacy!

Like "This was the first 3D trick stage ever, and every single one after that copied me"
or that other (one of the latest ones) "This looks 3D because I sepparated a layer and applied some crazy parallax trick"
or the Neowave ones "I busted my ass to rip these, but I did it damn it!"
or like "This is the only KOF 96 Ikari Stage you'll ever need, because I AM AWESOME"

COME ON! YOUR LEGACY!

#74  June 24, 2011, 03:06:54 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It wasn't though, I'm not sure who did the 3D stage trick first. KFM did something very similar before me for sure. I WAS one of the first people to use Groove Selection for a CvS2 style character. ;)

How about this instead. Ask me about a stage I converted by posting in this topic and I'll give you a history behind it and some trivia on it. Feel free to list multiple stages. You can even ask about my incomplete characters and other projects if you want.
#75  June 24, 2011, 05:02:15 am
    • France
Do you think it's possible you do that in your website too, linking to a special readme for each stage of relevance, with some trivia or something, or would that be too much.

I think KFM and a few other authors used the delta trick before you, for example to make the train station stage from SFZ2 or 3, to make the spectators follow you fight and turn their eyes. however, I believe you're the first one who made a full stage suing this trick to create some pseudo 3D, and thus making the technique well known and used by others afterwards.

Some questions now :
- How long have you been working on Duck King, did he have several versions, and will he be finished one day ?
- Are you the one who made a joke Gill or something like that ?
- What is the stage you're the most proud of ? What is your favourite stage ? (they obviously don't need to be the same).
- Any idea about making other very original stages such as Another World one (this stage NEEDS trivia stuff, it was part of a contest !!) ?
#76  June 24, 2011, 05:25:40 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Do you think it's possible you do that in your website too, linking to a special readme for each stage of relevance, with some trivia or something, or would that be too much.

That's a bit of work, maybe.

I think KFM and a few other authors used the delta trick before you, for example to make the train station stage from SFZ2 or 3, to make the spectators follow you fight and turn their eyes. however, I believe you're the first one who made a full stage suing this trick to create some pseudo 3D, and thus making the technique well known and used by others afterwards.

KFM did it for a stage from Real Bout: DM, ya I think you got it all right though.

Some questions now :
- How long have you been working on Duck King, did he have several versions, and will he be finished one day ?

I started working on Duck King in early 2005, the last time I worked on him was late 2010. He has several released betas in circulation. His main gameplay is based on Real Bout Special, but I put in several play modes for other games he's been in so that you could play him like he plays in RB1 or RB2 etc. I really wanted to show from the subtle to important changes he experienced in each game he was in. I hope to finish him.

- Are you the one who made a joke Gill or something like that ?

Ya, that was Rolento's idea. It was RIGHT BEFORE Dreamcast emulation, and Rolento sent me some some Gill sprites which just weren't around then. I put them in my Balrog and replaced Balrog's intro with a fake Gill intro and released it. That prank actually temporarily cost me my "creator" title on this website. :P

- What is the stage you're the most proud of ? What is your favourite stage ? (they obviously don't need to be the same).

Probably most proud of the Another World stage. I did so much with it and it was really easy and I love the result. Another one up there is the Egypt Darkstalkers stage, the fountain turned out amazing, and it has animated parallax and a ton of cool features. My favorite though is probably Geese's Neowave stage. If I every finished Terry's Round 1 MOTW stage it would probably be both my favorite and most proud of stage.

- Any idea about making other very original stages such as Another World one (this stage NEEDS trivia stuff, it was part of a contest !!) ?

I actually made another one like that for a different contest(I wasn't participating, it was a sample entry). It's Garam's stage from Metal Combat. It's not on my site because I never fully finished it...it has somewhere between like 40-140 palette changes on most of it's layers, and a high color count!

I enjoy working on those stages but they are fairly difficult and hard to fit into Mugen if they are too unconventional. I was going to make a stage from the SNES horror game Clock Tower, but at single resolution it was too small and double it was too big and grainy.

Edit: OH YA forgot to talk about Another World! The following is strictly ALL about the Another World stage I made:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Edit 2: That was a bit lengthy. If anyone has anymore questions I might just speak my answers, should be more fun that way. :-X
Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:08:56 am by Caddie
#77  June 24, 2011, 06:09:45 am
  • SNK is life
What was the hardest part of ripping from Neowave? :O

Do you remember that Young Geese's Raging Storm FX couldn't be properly ripped so we both created it manually, and it's now used in all existing Young Geeses!
#78  June 24, 2011, 06:17:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
The hardest part was finding a way to disable layers. Was kind of a fluke, I don't even remember how I found the values for it. I know that some of the values I know now are thanks to NeoGouki.

Yes I remember you doing those Raging Storm sprites for me. I'm still appreciative and indebted to you for doing them. :)
#79  June 24, 2011, 06:27:33 am
  • SNK is life
No debt, read sig --v

Good times, my buddy Ironmango created YG with those sprites shortly after, so those were put to good use :sugoi:
#80  June 24, 2011, 06:38:31 am
    • France
Thanks for the answers. :)

Ya, that was Rolento's idea. It was RIGHT BEFORE Dreamcast emulation, and Rolento sent me some some Gill sprites which just weren't around then. I put them in my Balrog and replaced Balrog's intro with a fake Gill intro and released it. That prank actually temporarily cost me my "creator" title on this website.
Haha !!! :D Mugen and getting fooled, SERIOUS BUSINESS !!!

I definitely love Anakaris' and Another World stages. Two of your best ones without a shadow of doubt. :)
Didn't you plan, at some point, to make the 3 rounds of Terry's MotW stage into a single one, or am I just dreaming :???: