YesNoOk

VSD WIPs: Captain America (Read 13056 times)

Started by 087-B, September 28, 2021, 05:21:47 am
Share this topic:
VSD WIPs: Captain America
#1  September 28, 2021, 05:21:47 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

So in an effort to show off what I've been doing more, I'm gonna be more open with my WIPs for this game and how they've been going.

Currently on my list is, as you can see, Captain America. Using Acey's old sprites, but being completely remade. Shield was recoded and is now a more "refined" version that functions similar to Acey's old shield but with some fixes and adjustments (and there will be plenty of changes for combat). No specials or hypers at this time, other than Final Justice. Everything shown in the video is everything coded so far.

In terms of new things Cap will be able to do, I don't have much new stuff in mind. His shield will function similar to UMvC3, and he will get an air variant of Hyper Charging Star, but other than that, it'll be the same ol' Cap, just updated to be more fun.

I'll keep in touch with more updates to him and other characters I work on so expect various posts to this thread and the title to change whenever a new character is being worked on. So far Cap is about 55% done.

Also expect me to work on shit out of order all the time.
Re: VSD WIPs: Captain America
#2  October 01, 2021, 09:39:48 pm
    • USA

I'm still adjusting the hit sounds, but the final two hypers for Cap, Hyper Charging Star and Hyper Stars & Stripes, are now done. HCS has an aerial variant now too, so you'll get to have fun with that.

Cap's about 80% complete now, and I'll be pushing to get 3/4 of his specials done today. I'm saving Shield Slash for last as the way I want to make it is going to be a bit complex and I'd rather use the energy I have on something I know I can get done, rather than expend it all on something that I might not be able to finish for a bit and then also have everything else left to do after.
#3  October 01, 2021, 10:26:03 pm
    • USA
Captain America looks great!
#4  October 01, 2021, 10:27:32 pm
    • USA
#5  October 01, 2021, 11:05:07 pm
    • USA
#6  October 02, 2021, 12:24:08 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Looks really, really good.

If I can make a suggestion; IKEMEN has full sprite transformation support. You can actually use that to have:

1) The first truly transforming character in IKEMEN, afaik.
2) Skip all the shield/shieldless mode helper shenanigans and do stuff without wonky workarounds.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#7  October 02, 2021, 12:26:12 am
    • USA
If I can make a suggestion; IKEMEN has full sprite transformation support. You can actually use that to have:

1) The first truly transforming character in IKEMEN, afaik.
2) Skip all the shield/shieldless mode helper shenanigans and do stuff without wonky workarounds.

I don't know how to use IKEMEN, nor do I have the time (or desire) to learn it at this current time. Even if it may be simpler I'm far more comfortable sticking with what I already know.

Plus the game is only on MUGEN, not IKEMEN, and the team simply doesn't have the time or the know-how to port everything to IKEMEN.

It's good that IKEMEN offers better options, but (as dumb as it may be for me to say this) it's not what I'm looking to use personally. At least not at this time.
#8  October 05, 2021, 06:34:54 am
    • USA
https://streamable.com/t800eb

Captain America is complete!

Look forward to a trailer coming... eventually. I have quite a bit of footage to record and editing to do.
VSD WIPs: Mega Man
#9  January 14, 2022, 10:11:07 am
    • USA
Hi I'm alive, most people don't know outside of Discord but my health has been in the tubes and I stopped MUGEN work for several months leading up to some surgery.

I'm cool now and am back to working on stuff, so here's this.

https://streamable.com/rs7aqe

Mega Man will join in the next major update featuring some hot new moves, among them a level 3 inspired by his iconic Final Smash.
#10  January 15, 2022, 06:02:18 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
That's gorgeous man!

PS: I need send updated Akito char for you.