YesNoOk

Slam Masters II - London Stage (updated 2023/12/04) (Read 44839 times)

Started by Foobs, April 06, 2022, 05:15:32 am
Share this topic:
Slam Masters II - London Stage (updated 2023/12/04)
#1  April 06, 2022, 05:15:32 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

The simplest stage from Ring of Destruction/Slam Mastesr II. This is mostly a jumping off point for a more ambitious Ikemen release, I'd appreciate any feedback since I'd forgotten most of the things related to stage making in the last few years, and the stage may have some mistakes.

This is what I dreamt of. Our resident stage interaction guru, Lasombra Demon did all the heavy lifting to include all sort of interactivity to this release:

- You can bounce off from the ropes of the stage.
- You can trigger a special ko using special/super grabs.
- The crowd will react to the fight.

Download
Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:18:06 pm by Foobs
Re: Slam Masters II - London Stage
#2  April 06, 2022, 10:01:29 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Im just happy to see slam masters getting some love. I feel like its one of the few capcom 2d fighting games that doesnt have much mugen conversion when it comes to the game stage. Def trying this stage out!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  April 06, 2022, 11:30:50 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like it! glad to see some modern convertions of some of this game series stages !!!
#4  April 06, 2022, 09:41:38 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I get that you were going for ring boundaries, but your camera limits make for a very narrow stage to play in. Also not a fan of the black bars.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  April 06, 2022, 11:12:30 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
I wasn't quite satisfied with the results either, which is why this piece was gathering dust in my drive since 2015 (the black bars are cool tho!).

Now that Ikemen's attached char is a thing, and interactive stages aren't a pain in the ass to implement anymore, the plan for the next version is to make the corners interactive objects so the stage can have normal camera boundaries, plus adding other cool things, like a bouncy mat and making the crowd react to KOs.

#6  April 07, 2022, 04:56:44 am
  • I must continue my training...
I wasn't quite satisfied with the results either, which is why this piece was gathering dust in my drive since 2015 (the black bars are cool tho!).

Now that Ikemen's attached char is a thing, and interactive stages aren't a pain in the ass to implement anymore, the plan for the next version is to make the corners interactive objects so the stage can have normal camera boundaries, plus adding other cool things, like a bouncy mat and making the crowd react to KOs.

That sounds dope. The attached character definitely makes interactive stages more accessible. Me and Lasombra Demon will be dropping something that will definitely change the game.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#7  May 14, 2022, 12:48:42 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Massive update!

Finally added some Ikemen interaction. If you don't care for it, you can just use the "NoRopes" .def file.
Re: Slam Masters II - London Stage (updated 2022/05/13)
#8  May 14, 2022, 10:20:33 am
    • Portugal
This is great. :)  I think calling it a stage is almost underestimating it because it changes the way Ikemen itself is played.

Some things from a little bit of testing:

- I'm using Ikemen Go 0.98 and had to remove some palfx code from line 589 of the attached char for it to work. Is a new version out?
- If the last hits before a dizzy are a jab combo, the infinite prevention NotHitBy will be active during the dizzy
- Back dashes that don't hop off the ground (like Ryu's) don't work properly against the ropes
- Could use a "boing" sound for the ropes
- I think the infinite prevention code should reset immediately if p2movetype!=H because sometimes it lingers a bit too long and your attacks miss even outside a combo. For that matter what's the rule there? I can sometimes get 3 hits before they miss, sometimes 4 or 5. Time? Damage?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#9  May 14, 2022, 10:33:45 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Now that's what I'm talking about.
#10  May 15, 2022, 01:21:10 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
This is great. :)  I think calling it a stage is almost underestimating it because it changes the way Ikemen itself is played.

Some things from a little bit of testing:

- I'm using Ikemen Go 0.98 and had to remove some palfx code from line 589 of the attached char for it to work. Is a new version out?
- If the last hits before a dizzy are a jab combo, the infinite prevention NotHitBy will be active during the dizzy
- Back dashes that don't hop off the ground (like Ryu's) don't work properly against the ropes
- Could use a "boing" sound for the ropes
- I think the infinite prevention code should reset immediately if p2movetype!=H because sometimes it lingers a bit too long and your attacks miss even outside a combo. For that matter what's the rule there? I can sometimes get 3 hits before they miss, sometimes 4 or 5. Time? Damage?

Hey there! Here's the coder behind the interactives. :)

-IKEMEN Go 0.98.2 included the option of having PalFX applied to explods, please update yer engine version.
-Ooooh, I utterly forgot about Dizzy. NotHitBy should not trigger under that case. Noted and corrected.
-Rechecked triggers for backdashes. Effect wasn't triggering before because Ryu had a StateType = A and a Pos Y = 0, and I was checking for a Pos Y > 0 for the hop, or for a StateType = S for a "ground bounce". Dropped the Pos Y = 0 condition altogether. Still looks bad on your Ryu, but at least it has *some* effect and didn't break every other char I retested.
-Sounds will be added, probably with a toggle. Because they get tedious very very quickly. Cartoony boing sounds don't entirely fit, either. Looking for something mid-ground maybe.
-Right now the NotHitBy code triggers when someone has been bounced *two* times against the ropes while on the ground or *once* if in the air; that's the criteria. I actually used MoveType != H for this... With a Time of 30 for the NotHitBy, which is a bit too much. Reduced it to 2, more than enough to give people time to block.

Thanks for your kind words and your feedback! Future Slammasters 2 releases will have all this corrected. ;)
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#11  May 15, 2022, 09:19:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED
No tested yet, but SO IMPRESSIVE!
If Z axis Walk was still possible (like in Winmugen) I would definitely use this a base for a wrestling themed game...

Freaking Z axis move... The only missing thing with all Mugen/Ikemen updates...
#12  May 15, 2022, 06:16:58 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Hehe, thanks! Slammasters 2 didn't have Z axis, did it?

Z Axis is something that's been thought of for about... 15 years? Kind of a pain in the butt to implement fully, I guess. Also, maybe because OpenBoR is a thing people haven't focused that much into it.

Then again, if someone was to develop a Z Axis code... It should be easy enough to add it as a *stage* feature.

- You can bounce off from the ropes of the stage.
- You can trigger a special ko using special/super grabs.
- The crowd will react to the fight.
Also the floor reacts to the fight, too. We added so much stuff into this that we sometimes forget some of it lol.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#13  May 15, 2022, 06:40:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Hehe, thanks! Slammasters 2 didn't have Z axis, did it?

Z Axis is something that's been thought of for about... 15 years? Kind of a pain in the butt to implement fully, I guess. Also, maybe because OpenBoR is a thing people haven't focused that much into it.

Then again, if someone was to develop a Z Axis code... It should be easy enough to add it as a *stage* feature.

You're right about all of that! :)

I only feel like For a game project I have in mind none of Mugen and Openbor really satisfied me.
This is really something I would love to see in Ikemen, since they seems to be more open to "extra" features.
#14  May 15, 2022, 07:14:25 pm
    • Portugal
-IKEMEN Go 0.98.2 included the option of having PalFX applied to explods, please update yer engine version.
Oops. Sorry. I got my version from one of Gacel's random update messages on Discord so it may not have been quite the official release at the time.
Re: Slam Masters II - London Stage (updated 2022/05/30)
#15  May 30, 2022, 10:30:15 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Updated again.

This update makes the ropes feels ever so slightly smoother and fixes a few minor bugs.
#16  May 22, 2023, 04:32:38 pm
    • USA
This and the Mexico stage don't work on the latest version of IKEMEN. I get this message when I try to use it.
The version I'm using is 0.99.0-rc1.
Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 05:50:23 am by LuigiMario79
#17  June 10, 2023, 04:34:26 pm
  • un mago errante
    • Chile
    • Skype - cristopeles
thank you very much I will use it I love the interaction impeccable work
un mago errante estudiando idiomas para salir de la rutina
Re: Slam Masters II - London Stage (updated 2023/12/04)
#18  December 04, 2023, 04:20:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Bump.

Fixed the issue that caused this and the Mexico stage to crash Ikemen 0.99. This is a transitory update, Lasombra will probably make a full revamp of the code later down the line. Sorry this took so long, i kept forgetting to upload the files.