YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2501572 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#9241  April 17, 2020, 03:23:12 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Was Crysis actually any good?  For years I'd heard of it being essentially the new public standard to what Doom 3 was doing being the kingpin of being too graphically complex for average joe's computers to run, it was a game only for the elite who can pour a few thousand into their PC.  But that was the only thing I would hear bragged about it, and only the first one really from what I recall?  Not once have I heard about the game itself being any actual fun, though.  Nothing on the gunplay, the map design, the story, just how detailed the muscle suit looked and Crysisguy's got a bow which I think was a thing going on in the CoD/Battlefield circles at the time as well?

Genuine competent FPS campaigns are hard to come by, would be interested if this had anything to offer.
Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:36:06 am by Long John Killer
#9242  April 17, 2020, 06:15:51 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Finally a release date.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9243  April 24, 2020, 06:19:23 pm
There have been reports these last few days that the guys who made Horizon Zero Dawn are
- hiring staff for a new open world game
- planning to continue HZD as a trilogy
I absolutely loved that game and I'm really looking forward to more of it, I was a bit sad that there was no news for 3 years beside the DLC.
There are talks about co-op, I really hope it'll still be doable solo. Fuck co-op.
Apparently the original was planned as co-op but they gave up because of technical limitations, I imagine they were waiting for the PS5 to resume work on it...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:23:06 pm by Byakko
#9244  May 04, 2020, 01:55:40 am
    • Germany
So you guys probrably heard about the last of ous 2 spoilers that are all over the web now and that Naughty Dog now has postponed the game indefinitely, proprably because of the said spoilers.

Is it ok to talk about the leaks here if we put it into a spoiler tag? Just want to be sure since some platforms seem to be a little bit split about it because of the source of the leak etc.
#9245  May 04, 2020, 07:05:53 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#9246  May 04, 2020, 07:07:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So you guys probrably heard about the last of ous 2 spoilers that are all over the web now and that Naughty Dog now has postponed the game indefinitely, proprably because of the said spoilers.
Release date is June 19
It was delayed indefinitely due to Covid, not due to leaks.

I've been hearing the leaks were due to a server hack and not a disgruntled employee as mentioned before.

Either way, I feel the sales might take a hit but not a big one where ND will be too worried about it.

GLB

#9247  May 06, 2020, 04:22:29 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Pretty excited about this. Mostly because I've been ridiculously addicted to Odyssey lately. Just recently started playing. I remember years back trying the first game and not caring for it at all, then i waited a while and gave black flag a shot and disliked that too. Not a huge fan of the boats/water battles in the games. But everything else in Odyssey is addicting and it's SO LONG. Can't imagine them supposedly doubling the map size fot Valhalla. But i love the Viking concept.

#9248  May 20, 2020, 07:38:06 pm
    • Germany
#9249  May 20, 2020, 10:05:26 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
New Game+ Expo.

It will be a digital event which starts June 23.

#9250  May 20, 2020, 10:14:43 pm
Wow, SNK ? Are we finally getting KoF15 news ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9251  May 22, 2020, 02:57:35 am
    • Germany
Wow, SNK ? Are we finally getting KoF15 news ?

Or something like "Metal Slug Retreat" with 200 Waifu DLC chars...

Jokes aside it would be nice to see a new Fighting game from them, if it is a KoF then it is hopefully a Dream Match, I would like to play with some more classic Characters again.^^
#9252  May 22, 2020, 04:28:44 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Pac-Man Live Studio, a new co-op multiplayer game has been announced for Twitch. Includes a maze creator, endless mode, classic mode.

https://no link shorteners allowed36mw2yb

Move over, Super Mario Maker.
Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:42:11 am by RoySquadRocks
#9253  May 22, 2020, 08:05:32 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Pac-Man is getting a Minecraft treatment, and it looks great, legitimately!
#9254  May 29, 2020, 06:34:55 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
PS5 reveal event starts June 4th
#9255  May 29, 2020, 09:33:50 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Dream Lineup: Yakuza Like a Dragon, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Persona 5 Royal, Psychonauts 2, Watchdogs Legion, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Resident Evil 8, Assasins Creed Valhalla, Madden 21, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Mega Man x9, Rachael and Clank 2,  Silent Hill Remake, Gods and Monsters, Godfall, Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix, Outriders, Gran Tarusmio Ps5, Scarlet Nexus, Last of Us Part 2, Metal Gear Solid Remake, Batman Arkham Reboot, Elden Ring, Ghost of Tsushima, Dino Crisis Remake, God of War 5, Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered, Sly Cooper ps5, Elder Scrolls 6, Diablo 4, The next 3D Sonic game, Spider-Man 2, and Final Fantasy 16.

Also expect new Ip’s, Indie titles, or anything that’s not Half-Life 3 during the event and the months to come leading up to the consoles release. All titles listed above have a good chance (In my opinion) of being announced and/or released by the end of 2021. As for the event this will probably be 2015 e3 quality fo sure so get you’re wallet and butts ready.

Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:45:24 pm by Beta158
#9256  May 29, 2020, 10:13:19 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Why would the Ratchet & Clank movie tie-in get a sequel?  There isn't a follow-up movie and the game reboot's pretty meh.  It's lesser to the original first game in pretty much every way except graphics, and the original was more expressive with its characters anyways.  Just continue the original series with a new game, forget the reboot's blandness.  I'm sure they've seen Devil May Cry's example.

Also I haven't played them yet so I can't really diss them too much, I'm sure they're fine seeing I've heard they're third-person Metroid Primes, but god please no more Batman Arkham games?  Can we please get someone else from the entire D.C. universe?  Like maybe, I dunno, that Superman game that keeps coming up in rumors for years?  Wonder Woman?  Harley Quinn since she's the latest hot button topic?  Just something new.
#9257  May 29, 2020, 10:21:24 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Why would the Ratchet & Clank movie tie-in get a sequel?  There isn't a follow-up movie and the game reboot's pretty meh.  It's lesser to the original first game in pretty much every way except graphics, and the original was more expressive with its characters anyways.  Just continue the original series with a new game, forget the reboot's blandness.  I'm sure they've seen Devil May Cry's example.

Also I haven't played them yet so I can't really diss them too much, I'm sure they're fine seeing I've heard they're third-person Metroid Primes, but god please no more Batman Arkham games?  Can we please get someone else from the entire D.C. universe?  Like maybe, I dunno, that Superman game that keeps coming up in rumors for years?  Wonder Woman?  Harley Quinn since she's the latest hot button topic?  Just something new.

The game is good but I must agree cause I’ve seen better 3D Platformers from the PS4 like A Hat in Time, Spyro Reignited, and Crash N Sane. Plus come to think of it maybe Superman may be a better choice for Rocksteady’s next gen debut so you do have a point.

Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:24:48 pm by Beta158
#9258  May 30, 2020, 01:43:28 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
Newly Submitted PS4 Games Must Be PS5 Compatible Starting in July 2020
A big element for the next generation of systems seems to be backwards compatibility with the current generation. Now, Eurogamer stated that it has seen developer documentation from Sony that asks developers of upcoming games to check and ensure new PlayStation 4 titles have been tested on PlayStation 5 hardware for backwards compatibility. It confirmed that July 13, 2020 will be the cut-off date for games that aren’t PlayStation 5 compatible.
https://www.siliconera.com/newly-submitted-ps4-games-must-be-ps5-compatible-starting-in-july-2020/
#9259  June 01, 2020, 10:05:42 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA

We denounce systemic racism and violence against the Black community. We will continue to work towards a future marked by empathy and inclusion and stand with our Black creators, players, employees, families, and friends.
#BlackLivesMatterte]

Due to the nationwide protest the PS5 reveal is postponed.

Update it will now start at June 12th.
Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:56:25 pm by videoman
#9260  June 02, 2020, 12:52:46 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
The right decision was made here, and I totally respect that.