YesNoOk

Re: Auction alert (Read 26840 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, February 01, 2020, 02:16:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Re: Auction alert
#61  February 03, 2020, 06:27:11 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
He could be here, he knows all of this is posted and he’s not banned or anything.

I’m not sure how anyone could get around how that membership thing is a little weird.
#62  February 03, 2020, 06:32:59 am
    • USA
Just tag me, but I said what I had to say. 2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.

bro just stop posting you have no idea what's going on. 2dee4ever doesnt want to come to the guild, even though he was told to  come to the guild and handle the matters. instead, he wants people to go on his livechat or something like that and duke it out there. but it doesnt make any sense to go on his platform, so he avoids coming here to say anything, even though he probably can still view the forum and log in. I would say just stop posting any further on this subject as you have no idea what's going on and only making things complicated. People are getting tired of it and want to just move on.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#63  February 03, 2020, 06:40:56 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Just tag me, but I said what I had to say. 2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.

Why do you think he isn't here? Bc he knows that we don't support things like that, besides all the drama that he's caused with many members here.
#64  February 03, 2020, 06:56:35 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.

Kinda agree with this honestly.

He deserves all the shit he caused for trying to sell a free game, but at least it should be told in his face.
Nothing will ever change if we just shit talk behind his back.
#65  February 03, 2020, 06:59:05 am
  • Niigasan

bro just stop posting you have no idea what's going on. 2dee4ever doesnt want to come to the guild, even though he was told to  come to the guild and handle the matters. instead, he wants people to go on his livechat or something like that and duke it out there. but it doesnt make any sense to go on his platform, so he avoids coming here to say anything, even though he probably can still view the forum and log in. I would say just stop posting any further on this subject as you have no idea what's going on and only making things complicated. People are getting tired of it and want to just move on.

Ima just say, I used to work wit em on this, but I stopped fuckin wit him cuz of his attitude, so speak on what u know homie
#66  February 03, 2020, 07:02:57 am
    • USA
2 whole pages basically talkin shit about him n he ain't here to defend himself.

Kinda agree with this honestly.

He deserves all the shit he caused for trying to sell a free game, but at least it should be told in his face.
Nothing will ever change if we just shit talk behind his back.

Please read back a few posts so you can get a clearer understanding of what's actually happening? No one is talking behind his back, he willfully chose to not come here, and instead wants people to go on his web chat or livestream and talk there, with a lawyer present or something. It makes no sense to go on his live chat and talk there. He should come here and explain himself, but he doesn't want to, so that's not considered "talking behind his back" when he's the one who turned his back in the first place. get it?
#67  February 03, 2020, 07:06:42 am
    • USA
Ima just say, I used to work wit em on this, but I stopped fuckin wit him cuz of his attitude, so speak on what u know homie

Okay, there's nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to explain that no one is talking behind anybody's back, just the guy for some reason doesn't want to come here and discuss the matters of the issue for some reason. That doesn't mean anybody here is trying to trash someone behind their back like they can't defend themselves. This is not like that.

#68  February 03, 2020, 07:10:06 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
"[...] He *should* come here and explain himself, but he doesn't want to, so that's not considered "talking behind his back"

That *should* is what bothers me the most.

He doesn't have any dueful obligations to come here to talk.

Same goes to you. You can talk shit behind his back or whatever. You do you.

But at the end of the day, he'll never know what was discussed here if he isn't told in his face. I strongly believe constructive criticism should be dealt face to face.
So, if you truly wish he would stop smth like this in the future, how about going to his YT channel and making a comment? That's what I did.

At least my comment will get his attention unlike MFG's constant bickering.

P.S. Here's what I wrote.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:15:01 am by Kolossoni
#69  February 03, 2020, 07:13:16 am
  • Niigasan
He chose not come here prolly because he knows what to expect. 10+ people coming at him about his shit. And no matter how much sense he DOES actually make it'll get looked over and those 10+ people will try n RIP n tear him down like they've done in the past, that's like a lion cub walking into a hyena den. I think people are just upset cuz he found a little loophole, not actually making money off of mugen itself but his discord. But I'm off it.
#70  February 03, 2020, 07:18:49 am
    • USA
#71  February 03, 2020, 07:19:41 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
It makes no difference talking to him directly or not, he won't change. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#72  February 03, 2020, 07:23:34 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Yeah, that's great. All the things have been done.

So.... after all that.....

Your resolution is to act all high and mighty and keep complaining he's not coming?

I mean, I'm no Albert Einstein, but why bother continuing to vent on a site where the perpetrator will never read?
Seems like a waste of time to me.

Maybe you need to check your priorities first.

edit: you act like old people who all they do is talk shit about everyting (politics, economy etc) but never getting up and doing smth to change it. SMH even if the people don't necessarily reply or respond.
#73  February 03, 2020, 07:44:18 am
Going into this ,I was willing to give the benefit of doubt since I don't like rushing to conclusions. I'm clearly a total idiot, I must have forgot who we're talking about here.

I just don't get what the fuck is so hard about showing, even a mild bit of respect to the people who make all of the stuff. I'm not gonna single out Seiryuu, anyone with a working brain knows the deal with him, I don't feel the need to repeat that.

For anyone who still doesn't get it, it's pretty simple: the "full games business" that Youtube Mugeners like to push doesn't go well with the community who actually draws the art and makes the code.

In other places, I've stated at times (in jest) that "open source was a mistake." Obviously it's a joke, but naturally some people were gonna end up taking advantage of the generosity that openly sourced work provides. All I'll say there is that... people do notice the creators who put in real work to make new content, and the creators who make "some changes" and calls it their character.
#74  February 03, 2020, 08:02:30 am
psychological arguements, morally vague, capitalist society-(what?)

You're... reading too much into it.

All I said was that, people are smart enough to figure out how much of your work was something you made. The same way how you can tell if someone copied their homework from someone else.
#75  February 03, 2020, 08:07:08 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
psychological arguements, morally vague, capitalist society-(what?)

You're... reading too much into it.

All I said was that, people are smart enough to figure out how much of your work was something you made. The same way how you can tell if someone copied their homework from someone else.

Sorry, my major is science so I do tend to stretch things a bit.

My point is that open source leads to people trying to make profit off of other people.

TBH, anything we create on MUGEN is basically copying other company's products, i.e. sprites, sound files etc. UNLESS we drew all of them from scratch.
Hell, the engine itself is owned by Elecbyte.

The point is. What makes morally right or wrong in MUGEN is totally vague simply due to its nature of being free to play, which in return brings money hungry people who are willing to make profit out of it simply cuz we live in a capitalist society where money buys everything.
#76  February 03, 2020, 08:25:12 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
So do you think this is "normal"? Like you make a character and on the next day you see someone else making money out of it and you're like "oh, this guy is making money out of my hard work! hmm, whatever..."

Ngl, I've seen people taking content I made, sprites from scratch that I created for a stage, using them and not telling me or asking permission, even if they are not making money with them I got a little pissed. The thing is some people don't know how to use opensource material, they just take it, no credit, no permission, no respect. Not enough, now they hide it behind paid services.

I won't go private because I knew this was going to happen, but everytime I see it, I'm less and less willing to make new content. It's just sad.
#77  February 03, 2020, 08:31:13 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I mean, I won't find it respectful but yes, I will find the phenomenom "normal" cuz it's part of human nature [the greed part].

As far as being opensource...
the whole meaning behind "open source" means nobody really has authority over it.
It's like non-copyrighted music.

I find the whole thing a little vague, cuz unless you encrypt the file and privatize everything, it's always going to be vulnerable, but at the same time... I've seen how people react if creators do encrpy their work for safety reasons.

So like you said, it is a toxic cycle, but in the world we live in, it's inevitable... Sad really...

Here's the convo I had with him this is what he had to say about making money off of MUGEN: https://imgur.com/fw0rece
Hope I made my point across.
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:58:22 am by Kolossoni
#78  February 03, 2020, 01:32:09 pm
    • Zimbabwe
my 2 cents

2dee did a wrong? he harmed you or your rights? then call the fucking police, fucking sue him
what do you think you're doing here? you think you're the internet police? internet judges?
you're none of this, you have no legitimacy to judge others, you just make yourselves look like a bunch of savages
mfg already has a shit reputation when it comes to drama, look at the comments over there
https://i.imgur.com/1nGp8Oc.png

12 years of this drama, everyone now think of you as basement dwellers because normal grown up men with a job and kids would never pull out this shit for 12 years nonstop
you are slowly taking the life away from mugen with your fucking shit
#79  February 03, 2020, 01:52:07 pm
my 2 cents

2dee did a wrong? he harmed you or your rights? then call the fucking police, fucking sue him
what do you think you're doing here? you think you're the internet police? internet judges?
you're none of this, you have no legitimacy to judge others, you just make yourselves look like a bunch of savages
mfg already has a shit reputation when it comes to drama, look at the comments over there
https://i.imgur.com/1nGp8Oc.png

12 years of this drama, everyone now think of you as basement dwellers because normal grown up men with a job and kids would never pull out this shit for 12 years nonstop
you are slowly taking the life away from mugen with your fucking shit

Get out.
#80  February 03, 2020, 03:05:19 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
you have no legitimacy to judge others

The community made the content he's using, you brainlet. And he's profiting off of it. If anyone has the right to be mad, it's the people in here. Rednavi even told him to take his Vanessa out of ShinRei's game, and instead of complying, all ShinRei did was threaten legal action and beg for Red to come to his stream chat (probably for views).

Also, your proof that a community has a "shit reputation" is a comment from Youtube? Most likely from someone who has never even interacted with the community, and instead just chooses to blindly believe everything ShinRei says? You know, the guy who says "NO ONE goes to MFG anymore!", when there's still just as much activity in here? That's some real ass logic you got there.

Let me know when someone starts making money off of your work without getting a single cent in return for your efforts while spitting on your face.

Shit
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:08:21 pm by MotorRoach