YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 745789 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2101  August 27, 2020, 11:34:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#2102  August 27, 2020, 11:37:16 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i've read it

it's coming tomorrow
#2103  September 30, 2020, 04:30:42 pm
    • Argentina
:o :o
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2104  September 30, 2020, 05:07:24 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yeah after a few months they're going to reveal challenger pack 7
#2105  September 30, 2020, 05:32:12 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Fighter reveal + in-depth look late October with their release date a day later.  Cool.
#2106  September 30, 2020, 10:52:37 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Watch as the Smash fanboys get angry because it won't be whatever crappy character "they" want.
#2107  September 30, 2020, 11:24:27 pm
    • USA
Oh, the salt will flow.  That's inevitable.

I'm betting on Travis Touchdown.  Mostly because Suda51, who in the past has been extremely vocal about wanting to get Travis in Smash Bros ever since No More Heroes 1, was recently asked about it again and very suddenly shifted his response to just "No comment."  Could be nothing, could mean an NDA.
#2108  September 30, 2020, 11:42:28 pm
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Predictions:
- Cash Banooca Crash Bandicoot
- Travis Touchdown
- Sephiroth
- Scorpion

If none of these predictions pan out, I'll gladly accept whoever is chosen instead.
#2109  September 30, 2020, 11:55:48 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Scorpion at best will be a Mii Costume.  Sub-Zero would be better pick imo.  If only the whole "No Echo fighter" rule was not applied, maybe these two would have a shot.  I kinda want to keep wishing but MinMin has the "fighting game" slot covered (RIP Arcsys rep)

Sephiroth, ha.  Square refused to let Corey Borton voice Cloud and allowed only 2 music tracks in Midgar.

Crash and Travis are locks at this point.  But there's also the Gen 8 Pokemon, which are starting to pick some steam with the upcoming Sword/Shield DLC content coming in October, the same month this next character launches.  Yea it's gonna be a downer but it's inevitable.  I can see Rillaboom if they wanna save up resources and give Donkey Kong a makeover.

If it's not a Gen 8 mon, then I see it happening in February to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokemon.

Maybe it'll be a wild card like say, Porky.  They can reuse his assets for his final smash.
#2110  September 30, 2020, 11:57:59 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
I'm just gonna bet on Hilda from Under Night In-Birth being in Smash (I doubt that might happen but eh, you'll never know)

If this predication doesn't pan out than oh well, I'll just accept on who or what they'll add.

Don't think...obey
#2111  October 01, 2020, 12:05:10 am
    • USA
Scorpion at best will be a Mii Costume.  Sub-Zero would be better pick imo.  If only the whole "No Echo fighter" rule was not applied, maybe these two would have a shot.  I kinda want to keep wishing but MinMin has the "fighting game" slot covered (RIP Arcsys rep)

Mortal Kombat is banned in Japan.  It's not getting into Smash.

FWIW, there's an alleged leak going around claiming that Tracer is coming next.  It comes from a Gamefaqs account who claims to have a source at Blizzard, and whose claim to credibility is that he allegedly leaked several new skins for Orisa last year, although AFAIK that hasn't been verified or vetted.  It's probably nothing, but the eSports blogs have latched onto it so I guess it's at least worth throwing out there.
#2112  October 01, 2020, 12:18:52 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Really? Where did they say that and why is it banned?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2113  October 01, 2020, 12:34:29 am
    • Brazil
Who cares? I doubt the Smash choices are based on Japan only, and Mortal Kombat isn't less of a classic franchise because Japanese government is composed of bitches.

#2114  October 01, 2020, 12:44:38 am
    • USA

Really? Where did they say that and why is it banned?

IDK if it's actually legally banned, but it violates the country's policies on violence in media for pretty obvious reasons.  Stores don't stock it and WB doesn't bother publishing there.  Japanese fans who want Mortal Kombat either have to import or set up an international account to buy it digitally.

So it wouldn't make a heck of a lot of sense for Nintendo to tie one of their flagship titles to a franchise that can't even be sold in their home country.
#2115  October 01, 2020, 12:52:47 am
    • Mexico
For the matter being, there's this theory going on suggesting there's at least one Rated M character in the Pass due to all franchise logos being removed and R-M franchises being replaced with the names of their characters in Mii Costume showcases. Wouldn't really speak positively in Scorpion's chances due to MK11 not being rated in Japan, but still.

As for this next guy, I have no expectation, you really can't go down the crapper harder than Byleth did. Plus, Terry is already in so I don't really think any addition will be better than him.
#2116  October 01, 2020, 01:17:16 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i think among us or fall guys is getting a mii costume
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#2117  October 01, 2020, 01:22:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So it wouldn't make a heck of a lot of sense for Nintendo to tie one of their flagship titles to a franchise that can't even be sold in their home country.
Devil's advocate, and it's not exactly a one-for-one example, but Mother 3.  Yeah, it's in the opposite direction, but that's still technically stuck just in Japan, never stopped them before promoting Lucas and co. from Mother 3 elsewhere through Smash.

There's been murmurs once again in the leaks department about it being Tracer from Overwatch.  I'd be interested in that, not for having played Overwatch yet or much care about the character one way or the other.  Just Blizzard going on record before on them not having any meeting with Nintendo about any of their characters getting into Smash, and whoever the interviewee exec was personally preferring Diablo the big boss himself getting in instead anyways.

Mostly just to delude myself that if they lie about their inclusion, then others may be as well. (We kinda got that with Kirkhope denying Banjo being DLC, but he's not exactly someone who would know anymore anyways despite previous connections)  343 saying Master Chief will not be happening and Id getting turned down by Nintendo got me bummed out on no DoomGuy possibility.  Hey, I want to believe.

I guess I'd be fine with whatever other than a gen 8 Pokemon.  Nothing from the generation stands out for me. (I truly don't get the fascination over Toxicitry the nipple-strumming pokemon.  Not even a good SoaD reference to be found)  Plenty of additional Pokemon inclusions I would be interested in, just nothing from this generation, and the obvious preference by them to promote the current gen leaves me shrugging at the prospect.  Though I do like the 25th anniversary idea, maybe get Eevee or something then?

I'd be really down for Crash, but like last time around people were banking on him being in the past DLC pack, he feels practically naked to me without Spyro alongside him.  Like, it'd work, it'd be FINE, but it would feel wrong.
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:10:01 am by Long John Killer
#2118  October 01, 2020, 02:50:25 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
While the current MK games have been given the ban hammer in Japan, people kind of forget that the choices were made ahead of time and I feel there's a basis towards a franchise's history in more then a few of the choices.

Also, there is a work around here: Injustice. Anything that Nintendo might find squeamish about Scorpion can replaced with something from Injustice. Hell, they can just take his super from the game and make it his Final Smash.
#2119  October 01, 2020, 03:09:14 am
    • Brazil
I don't know what makes people think that Nintendo can't just remove anything overly violent from Scorpion or Sub-Zero if they're added, they dealt with Bayonetta's nudity, they can deal with gore. Just because the last MK game was banned, doesn't mean it's impossible for a character to show up.
#2120  October 01, 2020, 03:12:35 am
    • USA
It'd be a lot of hoops for them to jump through just to wind up with a watered-down version of a character that their core hometown audience would only be passingly familiar with and wouldn't be interested in.

I like Mortal Kombat just fine, it's just that from a logistical and business standpoint it would make zero sense for Nintendo to include it in Smash.  Especially not when there's plenty of other series that are more easily adapted and would be well-received in all markets instead of just a portion of one.