YesNoOk

Sheng Long idea thread (Read 1961 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, April 16, 2022, 12:54:01 am
Sheng Long idea thread
#1  April 16, 2022, 12:54:01 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Hi guys, decided to make this thread because I'm bored out of my mind and I'm stuck in a hotel, so here we go.

Now this isn't from a document I've made, I'll make one after this.

For the most part, Sheng Long has been made to be a butt-fucking broken fighter, so I decided to have a bite at it and try my own take.

Sheng Long will not have just a standing projectile or a air projectile, he will have a crouching projectile too. The standing Hadouken is based on Gouken's, it is 2 projectiles, and they’re 2 different types: One is a regular Hadouken, and the other is a red (or violet/lavender) Gou Hadou. The EX version is a Shinkuu Hadouken, which can be charged from the projectile to a laser. Sheng Long also has the Shakunetsu Hadouken, which unlike Akuma's, doesn't have a start up, and it can be thrown in the air. His Shoryuken is based on Oni's Gou-Shoryuken/Ryu's Shin Shoryuken when it connects at point-blank range, and depending on the arm used, Sheng Long uses either a lightning element, or a fire one.

I only have one Super move, which is the Denjin Hadouken. It's like the Shinkuu Hadouken in terms of behavior: Regular is a projectile, EX version is a laser.

I'll make a document for him and edit this later, but my goal is to make him both the broken mess he is in EGM's version, and legendary in terms of how he behaves as a character. So for his sprites, he'll have a more traditional karate stance as opposed to the usual Street Fighter shoto stance. I think I'll use Heihachi's stance as it looks elegant enough for me.

What do you think so far? If you have suggestions feel free 5o throw them at me. I'll make one for Akuma, Ryu, and other SF shotos later as well.
Re: Sheng Long idea thread
#2  April 16, 2022, 04:05:01 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, THIS legendary piece gives us some ideas to consider. I'm not sure about what kind of system do you plan, but here are my ideas I got while reading this:

-Cancel Hadoken into Hadoken! Any form is good, you can go standing to crouching, anti-air to anti-air, anything goes. However, it will by definition be an EX Move (meaning, each cycle takes up 500 MP).
-Give him Zankuu Hadoken, make it work like SF4 (aka version decides projectile's trajectory) and give it the same Spam properties too, to recreate mentioned Messatsu Go Zankuu Agyo.
-Denjin Shoryuken. Make it work similarly to Denjin Hadoke in SF3. Aka, always unblockable, but requires charge.
-----Without charge it'll work similarly to LP version, but, obviously, be unblockable and will have shitty damage.
-----Interpolation....
-----MAX Charge: LVL3 tier damage (because you not only need to charge the move to make it dangerous, but be up-close for it to work too), goes  further and higher than HP Shoryuken, multihits (in other words, works like Forbidden Shoryuken/Whiffed Shin Shoryuken). After enemy falls he get stunned too (but ONLY on maximum charge).

I'll looked into SF2 Hoax, and only thing I understood, aside from Mega-Damage and little to no recoveries from moves, is that he can do every special move in SF2. I'll thy to think of a good way to mix that in, but it'll take time.
Re: Sheng Long idea thread
#3  April 16, 2022, 12:15:40 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
The Shin Akuma version of the Zanku Hadoken is part of the plan, as well as the ground version too. And I forgot about the Denjin Shoryuken, I'll have to look into that.

As for the system, try thinking if Marvel vs. Capcom and Hyper Dragon Ball Z had a baby. The system inherits MvC's combo system (mostly because it's the only fighting game system I'm personally comfortable with), but it also inherits the special super moves from HDBZ, like the Spirit Bomb meter for example. I'll make a thread for the system later.