YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1094646 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#121  March 24, 2008, 05:03:13 pm
  • SNK is life
Fragile

Anorexic Callista Flockhart / Medication Addict Nurse takes on a supernatural situation at a hospital. The movie is bad at the theater, it's worse if you rent it. So don't, 'kay?
#122  March 24, 2008, 05:29:58 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
wow what coincidence...I just randomly found it on a tv channel...couldn't finish it, I watched it for 8 minutes, switched to other channels, then came back for it, repeated this 4 times, then kept watching something worth it...
the chick is cute, the movie was full of things we disregard all the time although we keep them in our minds all the time...
this is why "it was OK but I'm not a fan" and I second it
This movie is all about the atmosphere... but yeah, I guess being french helps being fan of this strang movie ^_^
#123  March 24, 2008, 10:25:48 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
I didn't watch them in a row, I always forget to mention a bunch of movies. =)

Day Watch

I expected the worst after bad reviews but was quite entertained and always wanted to know what would happen next. Compared to what I remember from the first one, it was fairly easy to follow. I think I might have liked it better than Night Watch but... can barely remember watching that one.

Shooter

Meh. Slightly above average action movie with decent explosions. And lots of good shooting.

Smokin' Aces

This smilie :speechless: with a question mark instead. What was that? I want my time back.

Desperado

A bit too, hmm, trashy.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#124  March 25, 2008, 11:17:44 am
    • France
Desperado
A bit too, hmm, trashy.
I guess you're not so fond of Rodriguez's and Tarantino movies as I am. :P
Advice : don't look at Planet Terror, you'll find it disgusting.

Blade Runner :
Became a bit old, script suffers from some slow moments, but overall, it's a very good movie with nice scenario, good acting and great atmosphere.
#125  March 25, 2008, 03:20:17 pm
  • corner push pusher
Desperado
A bit too, hmm, trashy.
I guess you're not so fond of Rodriguez's and Tarantino movies as I am. :P
Advice : don't look at Planet Terror, you'll find it disgusting.

Tarantino didn't help make Desperado, he just made a brief cameo appearence.

I thought Planet Terror was great.  "I'm gonna eat your brains, and gain your knowledge..." Or when Quentin's manhood started liquifying "I'll show ya some fuckn' woooood!"
#126  March 25, 2008, 03:22:35 pm
    • France
Tarantino didn't help make Desperado, he just made a brief cameo appearence.
I just meant that Tarantino and Rodriguez pretty much do the same type of movies. I never said Tarantino actually helped making Desperado.
#127  March 25, 2008, 03:24:49 pm
  • corner push pusher
It just sounded like you were implying that he did. My mistake  :-X

I just saw Beowulf last night:

The first great CG blockbuster with a great story. So much work went in to this thing....they even put motion markers on real horses  :S
#128  March 25, 2008, 03:37:09 pm
  • Pray for a savior. Your going to need one.
I Am Legend

Really made you think about scientists and their time playing god. If I hear they start experimenting with the measles to cure cancer I'm heading north for colder temperatures.
"If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then what idiot came up with quit while your ahead?"
#129  March 25, 2008, 03:41:01 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I liked the movie (I Am Legend) better than the book,the book was way too short and crappy.
#130  March 25, 2008, 06:51:45 pm
  • Pray for a savior. Your going to need one.
I liked the movie (I Am Legend) better than the book,the book was way too short and crappy.

The ending to the book was a little messed up from what I heard, but it probably would have been better than the "contraversial" ending that the Special Edition had.
"If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then what idiot came up with quit while your ahead?"
#131  March 25, 2008, 07:12:04 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
:o

Mh. We had a separate I Am Legend topic earlier: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=73211.0

What can I say... in no time at all, nobody will remember that movie! The book is a classic. Inspired Stephen King, inspired Romero's Night of the Living Dead, inspired 28 Days Later and has been turned into three or four inferior movies itself.

Edit: I like Pulp Fiction well enough, was bored by Jackie Brown. Digging Kill Bill. For the other guy, From Dusk Till Dawn and Desperado I don't like so much, but FDTD more than Desperado. Sin City simply rules.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#132  March 25, 2008, 07:19:01 pm
  • SNK is life
What about "Once upon a time in Mexico" ?
#133  March 25, 2008, 07:21:00 pm
  • corner push pusher
Sepp, watch Pi already.

Just now got done watching Trading Places

Starring Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd, and Jamie Lee Curtis. A classic comedy where a homeless man (Murphy) and a stuck-up employee of Dukes commodities brokerage firm, Winthrop (Aykroyd), are forced to switch lives without their knowing set by a $1 bet, formed by Mortimer and Randolph Duke (Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy) to test the theory of "heredity vs. environment."

Still feels strange looking at the twin towers in the background...
#134  March 30, 2008, 05:53:42 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
The Prophecy II

I can't really explain it, I just automatically like every scene of any movie featuring Christopher Walken (he makes everything better)---and Gabriel is his coolest role!!!1 The movie kind of sucks, mind you. But the way he plays the weary ex-archangel is just too awesome and I hope they'll show part III soon because I think he was in almost every scene there, and the hero to boot.

Harry and Sally

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :blush:

Rise of the Silver Surfer

I could stand the first part well enough, but this one was like one big cringe start to finish. Quite a feat! What, was there no one around to write a single decent dialogue? Even the Stan Lee cameo was terrible. Must not think about it or I'll be angry...

What about "Once upon a time in Mexico" ?

Hm, it had style and was fairly consistent. Been a while.
--R. Scott Bakker
#135  April 05, 2008, 10:04:34 pm
  • ~Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War~
I saw   - A Superhero Movie - a couple days ago and dudes and dudettes it's funny, If you liked the first scarey movie you'll love this one!
When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.
Confucius
#136  April 08, 2008, 04:38:34 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
The Mist

LOVED the effects, the creature design, and the overalll creepiness of the jesus-freak in the movie. gets to the point fairly quickly. only draw back is the 'controversial ending'

its controversial cause IT SUCKS FUCKING HARDCORE. I FUCKING HATE THE ENDING  >:(

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#137  April 08, 2008, 06:29:29 pm
  • SNK is life
Is that one recent?

ONE MISSED CALL

Even if it was a bit Cliché, it had many good moments. Reminded me of things I wanted to see more of in The Ring, or The Exorcism of Emily Rose - Creepy looking people.
#138  April 09, 2008, 04:03:42 am
  • corner push pusher
The Mist

LOVED the effects, the creature design, and the overalll creepiness of the jesus-freak in the movie. gets to the point fairly quickly. only draw back is the 'controversial ending'

its controversial cause IT SUCKS FUCKING HARDCORE. I FUCKING HATE THE ENDING  >:(

LOL all my friends hate it too, but I really love it. Great little morality tale at the end - big up to Frank Darabont  :)
#139  April 09, 2008, 04:19:15 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
the movie as a whole, is excellent...

...just...that fucking ENDING KILLED IT BIG TIME

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#140  April 09, 2008, 07:16:43 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
It's Stephen King what did you expect?