YesNoOk

Deltarune AU: FOUR SUITS - Clyde BETA Release (Read 6898 times)

Started by LuckiiBub, June 28, 2020, 03:32:57 am
Share this topic:
Deltarune AU: FOUR SUITS - Clyde BETA Release
#1  June 28, 2020, 03:32:57 am
  • Damn, I live like this?
    • USA
"Onwards steed!"

Hey guys, It's been like what... four years? Eh, you all probably don't remember me anyways, and that's okay. What matters now is that I'm actually releasing something for once! Introducing Clyde, one of the four card cousins, specifically the club card, from the Deltarune AU "Four Suits."

Four Suits is basically a fan continuation of Deltarune Chapter 1 by SquimpusMcGrimpus, who you may know made all those Five Nights at Freddy's VHS videos. If not, you may have never heard of her before, and this information is useless to you! Anyways, more about Clyde himself: he's basically the rat child of Clover Grove, and is even considered weird by Lancer's standards. Not that I don't agree though, he eats watermelon rinds like a freakin' weirdo. Clyde may not be as cunning as his other cousins, but his speed and mobility are his strongest attributes thanks to his small malnourished body.

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

MOVESET (So far...)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This character I should mention uses TinCreature's Lancer as a template, thus you may see leftover sprites here and there. That's also the reason his small icon is still there... with the wrong palette... don't tell anyone though.

Alright, enough small talk, here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PFMXc7KNwxsraPthPITA-EKKu19SRaoj/view?usp=sharing

Let me know what you think, and please feel free to give any critique. I haven't actually done anything MUGEN related in sometime, and this is the first project I've really had fun with in a while.

CREDITS:
Creator of Deltarune: Toby Fox
Creator of FOUR SUITS and Clyde: SquimpusMcGrimpus
Programming: LuckiiBean
Sprites by: LuckiiBean, SquimpusMcGrimpus, Spookwave
Voices: Begwhi02
Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 03:37:14 am by LuckyBub
Re: Deltarune AU: FOUR SUITS - Clyde BETA Release
#2  June 29, 2020, 03:35:46 am
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
Oh my God, Soniccrash. I haven't seen you in ages. How's it been, man?

Something I've noticed with the char is that the medium and heavy attacks are unsafe on hit, the heavy in particular being -8. Also, he has no low attacks. That's gonna make it really hard to mix up. Anpther thing, the super seems kinda difficult to pull off. I dunno if it's just me, but it feels like I can't consistently get it going.

Cheers