YesNoOk

4 buttons fighter is just not enough (Read 23784 times)

Started by Blade Art, May 14, 2010, 01:26:02 pm
Share this topic:
Re: 4 buttons fighter is just not enough
#101  May 22, 2010, 06:57:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but cyanide is talking for the case when the other move is completely outmatched, which happens a lot, let's say mvoe A and move B have the exact same clsn, but move A comes out faster, that makes move B completely useless.
#102  May 22, 2010, 07:20:48 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I hardly ever see that anymore.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#103  May 22, 2010, 07:22:50 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
but cyanide is talking for the case when the other move is completely outmatched, which happens a lot, let's say mvoe A and move B have the exact same clsn, but move A comes out faster, that makes move B completely useless.

Wouldn't it differ via juggle properties and all of that stuff though? I mean, perhaps the two moves hit the opponent in two different directions, thus leading to different combos.
#104  May 22, 2010, 08:42:00 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
i gotta admit that darkstalkers would be boring with 4 buttons
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#105  May 22, 2010, 09:27:15 am
I always liked SF better than KoF, but that's just because I grew up on SF. I like KoF as well.
#106  May 22, 2010, 09:32:45 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

Wouldn't it differ via juggle properties and all of that stuff though? I mean, perhaps the two moves hit the opponent in two different directions, thus leading to different combos.

the faster attack ahs better juggle properties; happy now?
#107  May 22, 2010, 10:30:10 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
In that case, the other attack has different properties, thus it's used for mind games and to mix up.
There we go.
#108  May 23, 2010, 06:16:05 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
People just need to learn to use basics before specials :S

true story when sfII first came out in arcades, the arcade that was around here at the time got it in this really crappy cabinet that didn't even have any movelists posted under the screen. for the longest time my friends and i didn't even know there were special moves, until i did hadouken. we were all between the ages or 8 and 10 at the time, so doing it to them made me feel like a big man.
#109  May 24, 2010, 04:20:39 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
In that case, the other attack has different properties, thus it's used for mind games and to mix up.
There we go.

no, they have the same properties, we are talking about cyanide's case.
#110  May 24, 2010, 05:27:27 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:45:07 am by Black Jack
#111  May 24, 2010, 08:15:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Myabe they've phased it out then. It was present in earlier games. Omega Reds Jumping MK was shit in comparison to his jumping MP. less range, could only hit for a couple of ticks, had a tiny hitbox and missed easily.

His standing jab was far better than his standing short as well. So much so that you would not ever use his standing short.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#112  May 24, 2010, 09:32:42 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
would you consider moves whose only use are within combos useful?
besides most developers would at least try to differentiate their attacks. those cases might just be design oversights
#113  May 24, 2010, 09:35:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
his jab had more priority, linked into itself, and came out faster. The standing short on the other hand was a slow single hit with about 2 pixels more range and 10 points more damage. If i was going to do a standard chain going punch>punch is far easier than kick>punch.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#114  May 25, 2010, 02:43:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He was however, a COTA character, they were still very iffy about what they were doing with the characters, you could wrestle a character out of throw and combo throws together and in the end of chains in that game.

Getting snatched off the air during a combo was weird as hell.