YesNoOk

Dexter (Read 5517 times)

Started by TempesT, October 10, 2012, 12:43:56 pm
Share this topic:
Dexter
#1  October 10, 2012, 12:43:56 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
If anyone else watches Dexter, do you absolutely fucking hate Jennifer Carpenter's character (Debra Morgan)? She's such a hateable, ugly, smutty and disgusting bitch. I seriously want to punch her in her ugly man jaw everytime she has a line on screen.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Re: Dexter
#2  October 10, 2012, 12:52:11 pm
    • Thailand
She's a bad actress, if you ask me. She's Kristen Stewart bad, which is really bad.

And out of all the plot directions Dexter could have taken fpr Season 7, they chose the most ridiculous one.
#3  October 10, 2012, 12:55:43 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
laguerta is way worse

masuka is the best. masuka 4 life

GOH

#4  October 10, 2012, 01:23:45 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Surprise motherfucker huehuehuehue
#5  October 10, 2012, 01:31:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And out of all the plot directions Dexter could have taken fpr Season 7, they chose the most ridiculous one.

I haven't been actually seen it yet, but I've heard about what they're doing this season, and if you're talking about what I think you're talking about then that's something that actually happened in the very first book.  Which makes me wonder why it took them this long to actually do it on the show. :thinking:
#6  October 10, 2012, 02:56:38 pm
    • Germany
LE SPLIT.

Posted: October 10, 2012, 03:02:06 pm
Woo, Dexter thread!

Sooo uh, Debra. Well to be fair, her role "you just found out your brother, who's the brother of the serial killer you married a while ago and also the closest person you have in your life, is a serial killer who's been killing people right under your nose all along" is a lot harder than "here's your lines. also, you got no feelings mang"

DDK wasn't my favorite metaplot, hoping for something more interesting this season. Not sure about the Debra-thing yet, but it is an interesting concept, we'll have to wait and see how they do with the implementation.
Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:28:18 pm by Valodim
#7  October 10, 2012, 03:49:06 pm
I don't mind the current plot (they've been gunning for it for a while), and I don't mind the character of Debra or the acting of the actress, in fact I think she's playing fairly realistically for a character who found out something terrible, thinks she can fix it, but doesn't realize (or denies) the truth of how far it goes (he told her, but she didn't actually see it happen like Harry when he really saw Dexter's first kill). She's been pretty expressive too in the seasons up to now - though I suppose the constant potty mouth can make her annoying by now.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:54:53 pm by DKDC
#8  October 10, 2012, 04:12:59 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
If anyone else watches Dexter, do you absolutely fucking hate Jennifer Carpenter's character (Debra Morgan)? She's such a hateable, ugly, smutty and disgusting bitch. I seriously want to punch her in her ugly man jaw everytime she has a line on screen.
Yeah, when is Dexter gonna yell at her to get out of his laboratory?
#9  October 10, 2012, 05:27:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
LOL.

Anyway, I don't think the actress playing Debra is bad. She's actually quite fine IMO.
Didn't watch the 2nd episode yet, but the 1st one seemed fine.

Let's see what direction they take for the plot. The scenarists have actually planned everything long time ago. When they started writing season 6, they already knew what was going to happen in seasons 7 and 8 (the last one they said). So yeah, they should know what they're doing and where they're heading to.
#10  October 10, 2012, 10:43:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
dexter is one of the few things where the original books were way worse than the show.

In the first book she imediately found out her brother was the killer, and helped him hide it all.
#11  October 11, 2012, 02:17:49 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I actually am only half way into season 3, and everything up to this point has me hating Debra. She's constantly on the hunt for a cock, she always says this really hard-hitting emotional one liner before dramatically exiting the camera, and she's dumb as fuck.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#12  October 11, 2012, 02:53:22 am
Oh. Eh, I don't remember much but yeah, I think she's mostly just a plot device waiting to happen. Other characters like Batista and Masuka are better characterized. It's worse in the books where  it's really only just Dexter's point of view, all the other characters are just background fillers. Well, I say worse, but just in that regard, the books just have a completely different focus.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#13  October 24, 2012, 08:53:01 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Debra you have to hate her good reason . Dexter that guy is very calculating......he know and plans his steps and luck usually save him
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#14  October 25, 2012, 04:16:54 pm
    • Poland
Haha someone finally created topic for good ol' Dex. I nwill ever understand why this topic have only few replies while TWD topic is so much bigger when clearly dexter is far superior when it's come to quality. Oh well...

Anyway I like this show but I feel it's being on air too long.  Best season was 4 and everything since theen been worse. Season 7 seems to be way more interesing than it's predecessors (mainly 5 & 6)  but only because of unique situation of Debra finally finding the truth about Dexter. But since season 5 I'm listle lost where story is headed. Before season 5 I thought the whole story was about Dexter struggling with his urges and changing
 himself to be better man. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Lately everytime when he learn something or change his bahaviour, something bad happerns and he reerts back to old himself.

Lately I watch this show only for Michael C Hall acting, curses of Debra, Dexter monologues and his dark jokes...  I really hope 8 season will be last (but who knows the sae thing been said about season 5 and 6...), because we can see that story is burning out and they jumped the shark already. I hope also fr some good ending, but not some cliche like dieing in prison or on electric chair. That would be lame.

Tlaking about jJnnifer Carpenter I feel she is not bad actress. I thik she is getting better in later seasons along with character she is playing. But to judge her acting I would have to see her in cmpletely different role(s). Funny thing, she is als ex-wife of Michael C. Hall. They meet on set of Dexter, got married, then got divorced. It must be weird having your ex wife as co-star and seeing her all day at work. If they decide go back to romantic plot between Dex & debra it will be even weirder. Who know maybe it will get them back together :D 

And books are pretty good IMO. Many people hate it especially after 3rd volume with Moloch "thing" but I find them all quite funny. Of course I don't even try to compare books to the show cuz they are so much different. Dexter in the books is clearly more sociopatic & psychopath in books and like Byakko said everyone else around him are pretty much background characters. Story is focused on him all the time and he is narrator and main hero in one persona. I must say it's also way funier than TV show if someone like black humor. I love them both if you ask me. 
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#15  October 25, 2012, 05:01:06 pm
Seasons 7 and 8 were designed together as being the last, yes. There may have been doubts for season 5 but I guess it was because he'd just been cured from cancer.
#16  October 25, 2012, 06:44:42 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Lindsay novels are amzing and Michael C hall did a wonderful job in the series....Though I am unable to watchy the current season but the last season was impressive too
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#17  October 26, 2012, 09:31:55 am
    • Thailand
If you can post on this site, then you watch the latest season. ;)

Posted: December 14, 2012, 03:25:42 pm
So, yeah, Dexter's apparently being arrested for being the Butcher during the next episode (the season finale). How's he going to get out of this one? And what's in store for the next and last season?

Also, two murders trying to start a relationship together? I don't think so! Actually, Hannah made Dexter worse by making him scrap the code. I mean, sure, he has emotions now and he accepts responsibility, but now he can pick and kill whoever he wants and he has a whole other season to do so!
#18  December 14, 2012, 04:34:57 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, he even wants to murder Laguerta for coming too close to catching him. :ninja:
#19  December 14, 2012, 04:46:18 pm
The code was there to make sure he wouldn't get caught, not because of his "dark passenger", so it's pretty pissy that he throws it away and says "now I'm free to kill whoever I want because I actually don't have a dark passenger, it's all just me and what I want". It's dumb because even if he realizes he was free all along, the code should still be used to keep him out of jail.
And I don't like how him getting caught actually has nothing to do with him dropping the code, it's like the code is just completely dropped like it was a dead weight since the beginning (or a random tool for characterization with no impact beside it), with which the writers didn't know what to do. It kind of feels the same way as when a new writer decides to retcon something away because he doesn't like it. Dropping the code can be a good plot point to make things move forward, but the consequences and the reason for its existence in the first place should be underlined if they're going to do that.
#20  December 21, 2012, 03:42:05 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmmm... I didn't read too much into previous posts (I will!! Promise!!), but I will say that the first season had the absolute best writing. The plot twist was the best I have yet experienced, and it was one of the only seasons that best portrayed Dexter's internal struggle (his "code" and pretending to fit in). As seasons progressed, the focus was aimed more at his surroundings and new characters.

In my opinion, seasons One, Five (w/Julia Stiles) and Six (w/Colin Hanks) are the best. Season 4, to me, was desperately trying to emulate season One. Two was like "let's blame it on...." and Three was... boring. And is it me, or is the writing becoming "forgetful" as in oh, this character is missing. Oh well, carry on. Right??

Haven't seen Seven yet. I'm gonna watch the entire thing in three days once I get my hands on it.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#21  December 21, 2012, 03:53:09 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
I knew Laguerta wasn't going to live past this season, but I thought Dexter would end up killing her. I predict now that Laguerta died, Angel will not retire...
#22  December 26, 2012, 03:10:23 pm
    • Poland
It's been confrimed that Angel & Captain Mathiews will return to season 8 to play some role so I guess he's not going to retire.

I've been disapointed that Dexter ditched the code.... Like Byakko said code was made to protect him from prison and now when it's gone Dex is horribly exposed. He becoming just normal serial killer more & more. And what makes it worse he drag Debra into it. And he stopped blaming his Dark Passanger which gave him very dangerous freedom. He now knows that he is the only one responsible for all his actions. And without The Code he can do whataver he wants, which is not good. He break boundary after boundary and if this will continue, pretty soon there won't be any....

I remember how careful he was at the beginning with his killings and how he freaked out in season 3 because he murdered innocent person by accident. Now in s7 he murder 3-4 guys, while Isaac blackmailed him, like it was nothing. He even sliced troath of one of robbers in Isaac's apartament and he let police to found the body.... Old Dexter would never behave in such way. It was very sloppy & unproffessional and all these mistakes will haunt him in season 8 I'm sure of it.... He should have run away when he had a chance. Now we can just wait for tragedy (most likely his death) to happen in season 8 (if they don't renew it to 9-10).

Like many people say it before, I will say it again. It's his human side will cause his end. Sad but true

In my opinion, seasons One, Five (w/Julia Stiles) and Six (w/Colin Hanks) are the best. Season 4, to me, was desperately trying to emulate season One. Two was like "let's blame it on...." and Three was... boring. And is it me, or is the writing becoming "forgetful" as in oh, this character is missing. Oh well, carry on. Right??

Season 4 is considered by many as one of the best season in this show. How you cannot like Trinity Killer ? And that cliffhanger at the end was crushing. Season 5 on other hand was boring & predictable.... Same goes for 6.

In my opinion (and in others too) Season One & Four were best. Season 7 is pretty nice too. Rest of them was just boring (maybe season 2 wasn't that bad). Of course everybody have dfferent taste. It's cool you have different opinion, but I don't understand exactly why. I respect it though. 
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#23  December 27, 2012, 02:58:26 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Jarek Bachanek: I think what happened was I accidentally stumbled upon what happened to Rita while randomly searching for stuff pertaining to season four. Perhaps knowing what happened in the last episode before even seeing it ruined it for me. I also felt as if season 4 was trying to be season 1 on many levels, just through Trinity's perspective. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but it didn't appeal to me.

I really liked 5's style as it portrayed Dexter using his skills for good reason through layers. E.G. he killed that animal control guy, which lead to Julia Stiles. Which led to a conspiracy. Which led to many people involved. Which led to... You get the idea. I liked the storyline a lot on that one.

And the whole "Fight Club style reveal" of season 6 blew my mind. I'm one of those critics who overlooks smaller things when I get excited over material, so I didn't see Colin Hanks twist coming at all. I also liked the violent twist on religion and belief.

And just like season 4, I stumbled upon what happens to LaGuerta. Go figure...
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.