• Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
HOLY S***!!! :D
Re: DNF Duel
#3  December 26, 2020, 04:42:30 pm
  • Passing Through
Eighting is the more notable part here. Their notable fighters being TvC, MvC3 and F/UC. While I dabbled a bit in DNF, it's the previous fact that genuinely made me excited now
#4  December 26, 2020, 04:55:45 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
capcom where are you? :/ arcsys will make the best fighting game now.xD
#5  December 26, 2020, 05:24:13 pm
    • Brazil

I never saw even gameplay of that game, though some of the characters already have MUGEN versions:

If the guy with guns says "Adiós!" after his super in ArcSys' game, he'll easily be my favourite.
#6  December 27, 2020, 10:17:59 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
This looks really promising!
I can't wait to see what's next!
This is fate.
#7  December 29, 2020, 04:10:21 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Eighting is the more notable part here. Their notable fighters being TvC, MvC3 and F/UC. While I dabbled a bit in DNF, it's the previous fact that genuinely made me excited now

They also made the Bloody Roar games, plus a bunch of licensed Kamen Rider and Zoids titles, though they're better known for their Raizing days when they made shoot em ups like Battle Garegga.
#8  December 29, 2020, 06:44:26 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Time for see another Sol Badguy
#9  December 29, 2020, 08:53:37 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Rumor has it that they are re-branding given the negative feedback of MVC:I. They are at least tapping the retrogaming market with beat em ups. I'm really hoping (but not expecting) they're going back 2D or 2.5D.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#10  December 30, 2020, 11:23:02 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Never hear of NDF before, but this fighting game looks pretty dope , I can see Guilty Gear Cross tag in the future with this

EDIT: So it's the fighting game version of dungeon fighter online ? just like grandblue fantasy I don't know much about it but again looks pretty dope for a fighter
Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 11:38:08 am by D.R.B
#11  December 30, 2020, 08:37:57 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Rumor has it that they are re-branding given the negative feedback of MVC:I. They are at least tapping the retrogaming market with beat em ups. I'm really hoping (but not expecting) they're going back 2D or 2.5D.

By rebranding, does this mean no more 3D art or crossover games from Capcom?
#12  December 30, 2020, 10:43:05 pm
    • Brazil

Considering there are more solid rumors that they're making another MvC game, I sincerely doubt it.
#13  December 30, 2020, 10:57:31 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

By rebranding, does this mean no more 3D art or crossover games from Capcom?

Not really much information other than there's a rebranding. But they've been showing some Darkstalkers reference in Resident Evil remake. And there was this talk with Michael B. Jordan's interest in MVC2.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/13/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-rebranding-make-marvel-vs-capcom-4-leaker/

Known leaker Vergeben has put out a rumor that says that a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite rebranding is going to be taking place soon that will make the game into Marvel vs Capcom 4, rather than Infinite. While we don’t know if this is true yet, the game has been dormant for a while now.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite released back in 2017 to a rather lukewarm reception from many players, who criticized its art style, character choice, removal of the three-on-three system and character assist moves, and initial roster. While it did add something new with the addition of Infinity Stones to combat, that wasn’t enough for many players.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Never hear of NDF before, but this fighting game looks pretty dope , I can see Guilty Gear Cross tag in the future with this

EDIT: So it's the fighting game version of dungeon fighter online ? just like grandblue fantasy I don't know much about it but again looks pretty dope for a fighter

So that's where they came from. I'm not familiar with these characters and was thinking this is going to be like a spin off of Guilty Gear game.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#14  December 30, 2020, 11:04:35 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't have much to contribute here, just wanted to say at first blush I thought this was a Duke Nukem game, what with them going with "DNF" for a title and those initials ties to Duke, and leave slightly miffed at that not being the case.

Hey, do what you will, ArcSys, I guess this has a market?  Just wish their outlandish choices in properties to make fighting games out of one day will land on something that I'm actually interested in.  Holding out for Transformers, personally.
#15  December 30, 2020, 11:24:37 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
If there was ever an IP to use to make a stab at a Chinese market you can't really do much better tbh.
#16  December 30, 2020, 11:32:18 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I would not have a clue what the Chinese market likes beyond bootlegging Pokemon with Fakemons, so sure?

....Hey wait, can we have that next?  ArcSys doing their own Pokemon: Type Wild?  That'd be splendid.
#17  December 31, 2020, 04:41:57 am
    • Brazil

The Chinese market likes MOBAs, Samurai Shodown even got a mobile MOBA character as a guest DLC. I'd say League of Legends, but their fighting game is currently in production, though there is not much information besides a few short clips and four confirmed characters.
#18  December 31, 2020, 07:48:45 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
DNF is one of the highest grossing games of all time and you can thank Korea and China for that.
#19  November 22, 2021, 09:06:24 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
This thread has aged well, didn't it?

anyways
#20  November 22, 2021, 09:56:03 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
That Nexon logo had me doubting for a split second and then I saw the gameplay. It looks solid enough.
Wasn't really a fan of DNF/DFO before, but it's cool to see a Korean IP being utilized for something else.

A very small roster, I must say though.
I was expecting mages and priests to appear as well.