YesNoOk

Projectile/Hitdef Help (Read 1090 times)

Started by Phonej, April 07, 2021, 05:49:35 am
Share this topic:
Projectile/Hitdef Help
#1  April 07, 2021, 05:49:35 am
    • USA
Really, I cant find any characters i can use as an example to base the move I am trying to recreate on. Im not great at explaining things so heres just a comparison of what I am trying to recreate.

https://streamable.com/2v7xih

It acts like a multihit projectile that stays in place, it clashes with projectiles. The issues I am having are

-Making the sprite continue to cycle in each hit
-Make the hits change the opponent to airstate and hit into each other
-Spacing out all the hits in the animation, right now if the tip of the hitbox hits all 5 will connect instead of 1
-Making it clash with other projectiles

Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated, even if its just directing me to a character that has a similar move in terms of functionality

Here is the code for the actual move
https://pastebin.com/zdXYya2C
Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 07:25:48 am by Phonej
Re: Projectile/Hitdef Help
#2  April 09, 2021, 06:38:15 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Are you actually using a projectile sctrl? Projectiles still use pausetime. You want to reduce ghat value for the projectile to make sure the animation continues. Use projmisstime to split up the hits. Use projhits to limit it to 5 hits. Do all the normal hitdef stuff so it pushes right. If you don't give it a velocity it will remain in place.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Projectile/Hitdef Help
#3  April 10, 2021, 07:26:44 am
    • USA
Are you actually using a projectile sctrl? Projectiles still use pausetime. You want to reduce ghat value for the projectile to make sure the animation continues. Use projmisstime to split up the hits. Use projhits to limit it to 5 hits. Do all the normal hitdef stuff so it pushes right. If you don't give it a velocity it will remain in place.

Thanks again Cyanide