YesNoOk

a good way to get your xp runnig very nice  (Read 10567 times)

Started by Dorito, April 26, 2004, 02:12:05 am
Share this topic:
a good way to get your xp runnig very nice
New #1  April 26, 2004, 02:12:05 am
  • its'a me reuisu...sadly
Well im not 1 hundred percent sure but i never knew why my mugen on xp was runnig so nice,
im talking about 55-58fps steady. well anyway all i did was install a good cache manager like "cacheman" and or "cachebooster", perfribly i use both and set them to file sever.
while in mugen during a fight minimize your mugen and with Cacheman do a memory recover once or twice and your good to go. at lease it works for me

Note: if you do a memory recover to many times your going to lose you sound in mugen due to exstensive unloading of the memory.

If it works for you please let me know cause like i said im playing mugen on xp at 56-58fps stable

system specs:GeforceFX 5200....2.4ghz ocd to 3.05.. 512mb giel ram...plane ol abit IS7-E motherboard.

I mean if it works for you maybe it can be put in the tips and tutorial section
truthfully i dont know if this belong in this section of the forum.

NOTE: you would have to do at lease 2 ram recoveries to see a great improvment in game speed and proformance.

FeedBack pLease!
The Artist Formerly Known As Dorito
Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 05:51:41 am by Dorito
Re:a good way to get your xp runnig very nice
#2  April 26, 2004, 03:59:28 am
Honestly I have experimented with well over a hundred different cache programs that claim to boost memory and performance but I hate to say it but in your case it probably is just blind luck of the draw. Just like vesa support, some video cards will have perfect support no matter which os and yet the same model used by someone else will get absolutely zero support at all.

Its all the blind luck of configuration which I myself can claim to have had at one time with my old dialup modem. It use to push speeds that made even some early cable users a little curious but eventually when I had a new comp with a new modem and tried to recreate the results it basicly proved to be a blind fluke. Just enjoy what you have and honestly do not put too much faith into cache programs and memory optimisers since often times they will not exactly give you the performance gain you may expect.

It all in the end is like poker with some people pulling up aces while others pull up duds. Btw, my old frame rate with mugen on a geforce4mx128mb was aroung 60 to 90fps on xp but again luck of the draw since my current configuration can not play mugen at all for beans.  

Edit: Most likely I would say no though again it is luck of the draw. It may have an impact on mugen for some people and others may actually have their system slow to a crawl as the program eats what memory you have left.
Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 04:42:46 am by Ignatius
#3  April 26, 2004, 04:33:11 am
WOW IM HAPPY TO BE LUCKY! but does the cache have anything to do with the speed of mugen on xp?
#4  April 27, 2004, 10:31:26 pm
  • God Emperor
Having excessive memory is useful to.

I installed new dual ram and my mugen works beautifully in high res.

Fare thee well

Fou-Lu
Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 10:32:21 pm by Fou-Lu
#5  April 28, 2004, 12:32:04 am
cool thats good to know!

If anyone have any other tips on how they got there xp mugen to run very smoth please drop a line here.