YesNoOk

Gai Tendō by Ahuron & ComCap (Edited) UPDATED 11/2/2021 (Read 15089 times)

Started by KOFHƎRO77, October 15, 2021, 06:43:05 pm
Share this topic:
Gai Tendō by Ahuron & ComCap (Edited) UPDATED 11/2/2021
New #1  October 15, 2021, 06:43:05 pm
    • Morocco
Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:37:34 pm by KOFHƎRO77
Re: Gai Tendō by Ahuron & Comcap (Edit)
#2  October 15, 2021, 07:11:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
What a damn great surprise! Time to test. Thanks bro.
EDIT: About the thing you asked before, check your PM. ;)
Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 07:41:13 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#3  October 15, 2021, 09:10:41 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

1. When landing, the appropriate sound (52,0) doesn't play.
2. The Dash Dust comes out at the wrong side.
3. No second step sound on Run.
4. Normal Throws are weird. Both have the same animation, but the kick version has a late slam effect.
5. Gai Spider does a lil' too much damage, I think 20 less damage would be fine, while keeping the damage for the EX version.
6. EX QCF+P,P,P,F+P also does a crap ton of damage for an EX Move. I'm also weirded out on the EX Spark & Sound on the Spider part.
7. Level 1 Rush is weird when you have to press X to finish the entire move. I also feel like it could be recoded to behave like the Level 2 version because rather useless in cancels on an airborne P2 because he can't connect with the entire attack.
8. No 6th variation for Gai Chase?
9. My only suggestion for the AI for now is making it do the special followups.

Strong feedback aside, this ain't bad for a first full edit, but the mentioned stuff is a lil' distracting for me.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  October 16, 2021, 04:12:17 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Finally a Gai in this style, I liked and thanks for this release!
#5  October 16, 2021, 02:34:24 pm
    • Morocco
1. When landing, the appropriate sound (52,0) doesn't play.
2. The Dash Dust comes out at the wrong side.
3. No second step sound on Run.
4. Normal Throws are weird. Both have the same animation, but the kick version has a late slam effect.
5. Gai Spider does a lil' too much damage, I think 20 less damage would be fine, while keeping the damage for the EX version.
6. EX QCF+P,P,P,F+P also does a crap ton of damage for an EX Move. I'm also weirded out on the EX Spark & Sound on the Spider part.
7. Level 1 Rush is weird when you have to press X to finish the entire move. I also feel like it could be recoded to behave like the Level 2 version because rather useless in cancels on an airborne P2 because he can't connect with the entire attack.
All fixed & tweaked,Level 1 Rush has been adjusted to behave like the level 2 version aswell,for 8. i couldnt really think of a 6th variation so i kept it the same as the 5th,ideas for a 6th one is welcome,for .9 i dont have any experience in AI coding but ill see what i can figure out.First post is updated so please redownload
Re: Gai Tendō by Ahuron & ComCap (Edited) UPDATED 10/16/2021
#6  October 16, 2021, 06:32:52 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Feedback Part 2:

1. The Gai Spider's damage is now way too low. I think 150 (for the normal version at least) would be healthy number for a special throw.
2. In addition, the aforementioned EX QCF,P combo with the Spider does too little damage on contrast to other followups. It's also unblockable which is quite cheap if the string has already been blocked.
3. EX QCF,P,P,P,F+K is also different from the normal version where he does the dash instead of the knee.

It's also weird that his string moves are done with Quarter Circles in contrast to his XI commands.

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  October 16, 2021, 07:24:49 pm
    • Morocco
updated once again,redownload.
#8  October 16, 2021, 07:43:24 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
You give a new animation in second throw?
#9  October 16, 2021, 07:54:45 pm
    • Morocco
#10  October 23, 2021, 09:06:43 pm
    • Morocco
Gai has been updated,check the first post for details
Re: Gai Tendō by Ahuron & ComCap (Edited) UPDATED 10/23/2021
#11  October 25, 2021, 04:39:54 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Gai is super fun to play as, and he's voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama? Main =P I love playing as this guy and seeing all the crazy shit you can pull off with him. Now onto the feedback:

- There a kind of double sprite effect on him during Gai Spider.
- A lot of his EX moves do very little damage compared to the rest of his attacks.
- His punch and kick intros and winpose are missing swing sounds, as are both variants of Buriki Rush.
- Both variants of Buriki Rush are zero frames on start-up.
   - Just a suggestion about MAX Buriki Rush, but I feel like the move could be slowed down just a bit.
- Sometimes when attacking an opponent in midair, a duplicate of Gai's standing animation will just be there. I'm not sure of the exact interactions as well as all of the characters it happens with, but it always happens to be when facing Z2 18 when she does her somersault ki blast attack.
Edit: Neither of his Alpha Counters cost meter or have the visual effect.

I'm working on a few palettes for him, so when I'm finished with those, I'll update this post with them along with anything else I find, but I'm having so much fun with him.
Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:33:05 am by PRØJECT.13
#12  October 26, 2021, 12:14:52 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Damn, you really did great!

Despite it lacks voice sound for the Power Charge's begin/end, indeed is now a proper version of Gai in this style.
#13  November 02, 2021, 09:57:11 am
    • Morocco
Gai is super fun to play as, and he's voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama? Main =P I love playing as this guy and seeing all the crazy shit you can pull off with him. Now onto the feedback:

- There a kind of double sprite effect on him during Gai Spider.
- A lot of his EX moves do very little damage compared to the rest of his attacks.
- His punch and kick intros and winpose are missing swing sounds, as are both variants of Buriki Rush.
- Both variants of Buriki Rush are zero frames on start-up.
   - Just a suggestion about MAX Buriki Rush, but I feel like the move could be slowed down just a bit.
- Sometimes when attacking an opponent in midair, a duplicate of Gai's standing animation will just be there. I'm not sure of the exact interactions as well as all of the characters it happens with, but it always happens to be when facing Z2 18 when she does her somersault ki blast attack.
Edit: Neither of his Alpha Counters cost meter or have the visual effect.

I'm working on a few palettes for him, so when I'm finished with those, I'll update this post with them along with anything else I find, but I'm having so much fun with him.

Thanks for the feedback,everything has been fixed
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jvrKC3dI-BY[/youtube]

Damn, you really did great!

Despite it lacks voice sound for the Power Charge's begin/end, indeed is now a proper version of Gai in this style.

Heyy thanks for the vid ! Power charge sounds have been added aswell  :)

Gai has been updated with some fixes and other new stuff,so check the first post for the changelist
Re: Gai Tendō by Ahuron & ComCap (Edited) UPDATED 11/2/2021
#14  November 02, 2021, 06:26:44 pm
  • I must continue my training...
My kind of character. I'm really enjoying this guy. Thanks for using my stage in the preview. I might have to dust that thing off and update it. Lol!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#15  November 08, 2021, 01:51:58 pm
mega isnt working.

and are you gonna make a custom level 3?
#16  November 08, 2021, 03:37:41 pm
  • Why,
At these times just Gai Tendo at Ikemen Go... otherwise it just put error...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#17  November 08, 2021, 04:04:13 pm
    • Morocco
mega isnt working.

and are you gonna make a custom level 3?

Just checked the link and it works,if theres still issues i can provide a alt link.Also i have already added to him a custom lvl3,it was based off the one in KOF Wing but with more followups