YesNoOk

Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015 (Read 76258 times)

Started by Hien, May 26, 2015, 03:05:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Vegito Z2 (Inspired) 2015
#21  May 26, 2015, 09:07:02 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Aw man, now this is gonna be epic. My only suggestion at the moment would be to make his back walk [or float as the case may be] or back dash somewhat "Come-At-Me-Bro" ish, taunting and cocky like Vegito himself actually is.
#22  May 26, 2015, 09:22:04 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

His legs need to be almost twice as long! Now it's like you see his waist, then his knees, then his boots.
The lower legs portion is missing :gonk:
#23  May 26, 2015, 09:51:34 pm
    • USA

I made two just to see how it is, left one has a bit longer length and right one is a few pixels shorter. How's this?
#24  May 26, 2015, 10:35:18 pm
    • Netherlands
Still too short, I advise you to first draw some naked legs to get the lenght and proportions right, THEN draw the pants over them.
If the legs are supposed to be the same lenght (both straight and not the knee bent) then the front leg should be a bit longer because of the perspective, but definitely not shorter (then the rear leg).
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:40:51 pm by Balthazar
#25  May 26, 2015, 11:21:43 pm
I agree with Daeron there. You could also use some references from Jump Ultimate Stars as Vegeto was a playable Character in The Game.

Vegitto from Jump Ultimate Stars is just the strongest form of Goku, and most of his moves come from Goku. Better sources might be Hyper Dimension and Final Bout, since Vegetto is a unique playable character in those games.

It would be nice if there were some move exhibition videos, but these might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6nE-INFuQ&feature=youtu.be&t=126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWZEA75Pbr4
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:43:08 pm by Thammy
#26  May 26, 2015, 11:52:28 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The first Dragon Ball arcade game had Freezer fighting the first round with only kicks, and resume normal fighting on the second one. You can use the spritesheet for reference on animations.

The arms crossed stance could be restricted to the Emo mode, as if the character was showing more of Vegeta's cockyness
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#27  May 27, 2015, 12:06:40 am
  • Not for sale
I think it'd be better if he was grounded for neutral and floated during movement. Glad to see you back.
#28  May 27, 2015, 12:24:58 am
    • USA
Glad to be back man.

Okay okay Balth, how is this now? Took your advice and drew out the legs and drew over them with the pants. I think any longer he wouldn't look proportionally correct, I also compared the length to your Piccolo and he shouldn't be as tall as Piccolo.
#29  May 27, 2015, 12:29:10 am
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

I took the liberty to try something quick myself, hope this helps

HQ

#30  May 27, 2015, 12:48:50 am
Looks like a great start, but I'd greatly increase the size of his legs and feet (I know the foot is bent backwards but it still could use more visibility)
ignore the piccolo height

Also, here's my thought on the stance.
I would love to see him touch-floating with crossed arms in the stance like this:

When he hits his emotional mode he drops to the floor with that stance here:

The reason why - he is about to get real with his opponent and stops playing around.

also some possible Attacks:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:45:13 am by HQ
#31  May 27, 2015, 12:50:02 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I dunno about you guys, but I prefer it when a character stays grounded in their stance animation; otherwise jumping feels weird. Just a personal thing. Floating definitely does make him look way more unique and badass though. He almost seems like a final boss or something, which is pretty cool. I can dig it. (Completely off-topic: I would love it if the final boss in arcade mode was someone non-canon to surprise the player, like blue hair SSJG Vegito :P )
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#32  May 27, 2015, 01:46:55 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

Shit
#33  May 27, 2015, 04:56:31 am
    • USA
Oh I like Daeron, that will come in handy as an example for the hair. Thanks.

I actually like what HQ recommended for the stance but I have the opposite idea of Vegito's emo mode. His emo mode is Arrogance where I think he should be floating or standing with his arms crossed making him more carefree about the fight. I could have him grounded the entire fight with a mix of punches and kicks. Then  when you activate his emotion mode he would be floating and all his attacks are kicks in this state he could possibly have all grounded kicks resprited into floating along with some new floating kicks just for his emotion mode. What do you guys think of this idea? Might be a bit much but I feel like going the extra mile would pay off in the long run.

I am really diggin this new stance compared to the other I had although it only changes the arms position. I am thinking this new stance would look good if he had his legs straightened up a tad bit more rather than bent IMO but at the same time I think this looks fine.

This is also what I have in mind for his Standing heavy kick. It's a rough draft so it's not final I just wanted to get the point across with this. I didn't bother to add more frames yet until I'm satisfied with the main frames. So Rapid kicks and then launches the opponent. Although I didn't sketch out the launcher.

This may suit his arrogance stance but again I'm still deciding what fits best where and how it would turn out.
#34  May 27, 2015, 05:12:01 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I really agree that he should be floating, instead. I think it adds to his character well, and it gives him a more unique feel. sort of like "Nova, from UMVC3". IN FACT, that could be a perfect reference idea. :)

#35  May 27, 2015, 06:29:15 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Vegito floating. It really does imply immense power. As it stands, we already have three characters with a similar body type and outfit in the Z2 style: Goku, SSJ Goku, and Gohan. It would really help Vegito stand out if he was floating by default and carried this arrogant demeanour from the get-go. That would be a bit cooler than waiting for emotion mode to get the unique animations.

On the other hand, that new grounded stance looks pretty rad. Like, super rad.

I really agree that he should be floating, instead. I think it adds to his character well, and it gives him a more unique feel. sort of like "Nova, from UMVC3".

Ermac in MKX is another good example.

Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#36  May 27, 2015, 08:44:40 am
    • Netherlands
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Vegito floating. It really does imply immense power. As it stands, we already have three characters with a similar body type and outfit in the Z2 style: Goku, SSJ Goku, and Gohan. It would really help Vegito stand out if he was floating by default and carried this arrogant demeanour from the get-go. That would be a bit cooler than waiting for emotion mode to get the unique animations.
Hear, hear!
#37  May 27, 2015, 09:20:17 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
wow. nice project! Super Vegito Z2 is here, too.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:46:11 am by One Man Aumio
#38  May 27, 2015, 08:54:34 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
This is gonna be funny ! Just a little qquestion, when you mean arrogance you think about relating it to taunts ? :p
And for his kicks i think i once saw something quite spectacular about vegito, i'll do a quick search and post it if i can.
He could also get an airborne ki blast like akuma, that would greatly improve his pressure game, but well it's your creation, i'm just suggesting ;)

EDIT :
Here i found the image, it's something Balthazar made a while ago ! Hope you don't mind balth

2nd EDIT (So much ideas  :rolleyes5:) :
A suggestion I just did for the fast kicks you showed, maybe this would improve the feeling of speed, like chun li's good old hyakuretsukyaku
Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:18:41 pm by Loupil
#39  May 27, 2015, 11:55:54 pm
    • USA
No worries Loupil suggestions are welcomed, no need to hold back on them. Thanks for those sketches those will help out in the future, my reference for Vegito was Chun Li's kicks lol.

Well it is decided Vegito will be an airborne/floaty character to make him standout from the rest of the Z2 cast.

I already started making his Idle stance it might need about 2-3 more frames, I used Daeron's animation he made earlier as a reference on how to approach animating the hair and clothes. I'll focus on the idle and finish it until I'm satisfied before moving on to any other animations since it's my weak point in animating.

#40  May 28, 2015, 12:36:19 am
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
i think you should do the earrings bigger like in my animation, they are hard to see in your version and kind of get lost in the sprites.
Z2 style tends to exagerate a bit on the hair or character features like Piccolo ears, i think the earrings should get that treatment aswell, since they are a very definitive aspect of Vegito