YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248210 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Komat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#61  January 18, 2019, 04:26:15 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#62  January 19, 2019, 03:21:50 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Alright, that was dope, I'm getting more hyped for MK11 by the minute lol.
- Geras reminds me a lot about Thanos.
- Skarlet redesign looks very promising, and good.
- Baraka is finally getting the service he should of had a long time ago.
- Gears/costumization, stages and selection screen all look dope.
- Gameplay looks wild, cinematic beauty.

I'm really looking forward to this game.
Some characters that I would personally love to see;

- Kabal. (One of the greatest movesets out there. Gotta love his weapons.)
- Motaro. (Mainly due to gameplay potential, but also because MK Trilogy was my first MK and he fascinated me.)
- Noob Saibot. (Think he should, and will make a comeback.)
- Fujin. (About time for a return.)
- Mileena. (Bae of MK.)
- Erron Black. (Fan Fave, and interesting moveset.)
- D'Vorah. (Purely for moveset diversity.)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#63  January 19, 2019, 03:25:34 am
  • Niigasan
Geras reminds me of zasalamel and kan-ra
#64  January 19, 2019, 06:25:00 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Normally I'm all for further expansion on fleshing out characters through their design, and taken at face value if it were a completely new character this, I dunno, Arabic steampunk look for Skarlet is a nice design.  But I feel its very counter-intuitive?  The barebones nearly-nothing on outfit in 9 made sense, she was all about being fluid and making physical contact with the things she's bloodbending.  Unless the intention for her inclusion this game is something akin to X-Men's Rogue, it's intentionally all-covering to prevent her abilities from being used.  But...then they are used anyways because duh, gameplay mechanics still need to come into play, so I dunno, it doesn't seem right for the character.  Also her hair should be red.  I guess dressing like the naked lady from Metal Gear conceptually that got all that negative press also wouldn't be a smart idea, but then its Mortal Kombat so it kinda gets lost in the sea of other obscenities.

I guess beyond that observation I don't have much else to add that others haven't already said.  Looks good, look forward to playing.  I oddly hope they preserved the cartoon ninja look from MKX in this game's customization, it had such a weird charm to using.  That and human Reptile, it was so freaking cool in MK9.
#65  January 19, 2019, 03:21:49 pm
I
 would love to see HAVIK back  he would fit with in pretty good
#66  January 19, 2019, 03:35:53 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Geras reminds me of zasalamel and kan-ra

Finally, someone gets me. I was saying that when I watched the reveal for him. He's a mix of Kan-Ra's sand traps and Zasalamel's time manipulation powers with a bit of Wrestler Jax thrown in for flavor.

You might be getting your wish real soon... the first Kombat Kast is set for the 30th and a certain speedster was seen running across the screen.

Normally I'm all for further expansion on fleshing out characters through their design, and taken at face value if it were a completely new character this, I dunno, Arabic steampunk look for Skarlet is a nice design.  But I feel its very counter-intuitive?  The barebones nearly-nothing on outfit in 9 made sense, she was all about being fluid and making physical contact with the things she's bloodbending.  Unless the intention for her inclusion this game is something akin to X-Men's Rogue, it's intentionally all-covering to prevent her abilities from being used.  But...then they are used anyways because duh, gameplay mechanics still need to come into play, so I dunno, it doesn't seem right for the character.  Also her hair should be red.  I guess dressing like the naked lady from Metal Gear conceptually that got all that negative press also wouldn't be a smart idea, but then its Mortal Kombat so it kinda gets lost in the sea of other obscenities.

I guess beyond that observation I don't have much else to add that others haven't already said.  Looks good, look forward to playing.  I oddly hope they preserved the cartoon ninja look from MKX in this game's customization, it had such a weird charm to using.  That and human Reptile, it was so freaking cool in MK9.

There might be story involved with the way she looks, but I think that with customization involved, the choices are there to possibly recreate her MK9 look. Like you said, it's Mortal Kombat... scantily clad ladies would get lost in the sea of total and over the top violence the series is known for.
#67  January 19, 2019, 04:41:44 pm
    • Brazil
Normally I'm all for further expansion on fleshing out characters through their design, and taken at face value if it were a completely new character this, I dunno, Arabic steampunk look for Skarlet is a nice design.  But I feel its very counter-intuitive?  The barebones nearly-nothing on outfit in 9 made sense, she was all about being fluid and making physical contact with the things she's bloodbending. 
Skarlet never seemed to need contact to use her powers, in fact, the only time her outfit was intuitive in MK9 was with her blood projectile, which she would rip from her belly, otherwise, its just the same "girls must be naked" costume that pretty much every female in MK9 had, it wasn't meant to be intuitive, just sexy. Now, she literally pulls blood from the enemies, so its not like she needs that excuse to be naked, and if you ask me, some of her costumes are still sexy, despite being covered.

You might be getting your wish real soon... the first Kombat Kast is set for the 30th and a certain speedster was seen running across the screen.
Indeed, I thought the idea of Kabal appearing was stupid, but with Baraka returning and Kung Lao facing his revenant version, its quite logical to bring back a fan favourite like Kabal. What I want to know is when will Jade be shown, her appearence was foreshadowed twice ever since MK9, she should have a big role in this game.

lui

#68  January 19, 2019, 05:52:44 pm
    • USA
Lots of wonky ass animations and weak posing right off the bat :S

seems NRS still isn't learning much in that department.
#69  January 19, 2019, 06:19:51 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, they do right in other spots, but animation wise.....good lord it hurts to watch. Slightly better, but still hurts.
#70  January 19, 2019, 08:51:49 pm
    • Brazil
Lots of wonky ass animations and weak posing right off the bat :S

seems NRS still isn't learning much in that department.
Skarlet's stance is by far the worst, what the hell are they thinking? I think NRS kinda considers their bad animations some sort of signature, because there is no way they haven't seen people criticizing that.
#71  January 20, 2019, 07:05:58 pm
    • Brazil

I know some people here don't really like Maximilian, but this is pretty good info, a compilation of hints for possible upcoming characters.
Spoiler: The possible characters are (click to see content)
#72  January 20, 2019, 07:56:00 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#73  January 20, 2019, 08:22:24 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
You would be surprised, it's the same boat as other people. Even though he is a big voice for the FG community, some people just don't like him.
#74  January 20, 2019, 11:51:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Not everyone is is going to like someone no matter how they are, regardless of whether they're the chillest person or the most obnoxious one. Even someone as charismatic as Max is going to have some haters.

Don't think too hard on it.
#75  January 21, 2019, 08:34:45 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
It is a sad truth. There are those who have nothing but absolute hate in their hearts. That's the only thing they know. We need to let them go. No matter how hard we try to reach them, there is nothing we can do for them.
#76  January 21, 2019, 11:00:45 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Or, you know, some people are actually allowed to dislike things.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#77  January 21, 2019, 11:10:05 pm
    • Brazil
So, can we get back on topic?
#78  January 22, 2019, 12:06:21 am
  • Niigasan
Raiden is gonna die
#79  January 22, 2019, 02:44:16 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaX8N2-jvyc[/youtube]
I know some people here don't really like Maximilian, but this is pretty good info, a compilation of hints for possible upcoming characters.
this video doesnt answer anything.  :P

but This interview answers some question about the game for example tag team, crossplay  and kripta.
Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:51:17 am by yaret
#80  January 22, 2019, 04:08:37 pm
    • Brazil
You know, I was looking at some videos, and I must say that even though some bad animations are still there, most of them seem much better than the ones from previous NRS games. Its not perfect, but its actually a big improvement.