YesNoOk

Will you always need Mugen to play the Full Game? (Read 2037 times)

Started by SuperSaiyanSollux, January 26, 2015, 03:15:31 am
Share this topic:
Will you always need Mugen to play the Full Game?
#1  January 26, 2015, 03:15:31 am
    • USA
    • iorionigiri@yahoo.com
Im trying to make a Megaman Game as just a Small Project, but will people need to also have to have Mugen downloaded in order to play it? or is there a way to export the game without having to have Mugen on there computer?
Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:15:52 am by SuperSaiyanSollux
Re: Will you always need Mugen to play the Full Game?
#2  January 26, 2015, 05:04:01 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Yes... Anything you make in Mugen you'll need to include. That means all the stages, characters, music, anything you make for your project is needed to be included.

The only other option is to pack everything in molebox. But that's not recommended, AFAIK.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  January 26, 2015, 05:38:24 am
    • Argentina
    • eze_vin@hotmail.com
    • www.grabisoftnet.com
Yes... Anything you make in Mugen you'll need to include. That means all the stages, characters, music, anything you make for your project is needed to be included.

The only other option is to pack everything in molebox. But that's not recommended, AFAIK.

I second that.
Besides, using molebox to pack your stuff makes the loading times longer and the overall performance is diminished. Plus, the main purpose of mugen is to share content. Dont forget mugen is a freeware engine. I hate when people pack their mugen releases. Its just hypocrisi because 90% of the time those dudes used stuff from other people.
Imagine a day when people start to release every mugen they make with packed protection. It would suck. The magic of mugen is the creativity and freedom to include or delete, or create in order to make your dream fighter or at least, to come close to that. If someday everybody molebox their stuff, resources will decrease and mugen will die. So using molebox is a bad habit.
#4  January 26, 2015, 06:10:48 am
    • USA
    • iorionigiri@yahoo.com
But how can i make two Games if i need to include Mugen? like do i just copy the Files?
#5  January 27, 2015, 07:48:15 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
You don't have to include the base engine if you're just releasing your creations for it, but it is recommended for people to have the base engine in order to play it.  Safe bet is to release your creations with the base engine.

Now to answer your second question: you can have both games as separate files within the def files.  Download MAFJ (MUGEN All stars Fighting Jam by Jmorphman) to see that you can switch between his screenpack/game by just changing which screenpack is used in the MUGEN document file.

:EDIT: will elaborate on what I said at a better time ^..^; or if someone can ninja me, that'd be good too.