YesNoOk

Characters (Read 113696 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 02, 2014, 10:53:23 am
Characters
#1  April 02, 2014, 10:53:23 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well, ladies and gentlemen. This is the topic where we will be discussing about characters. By the moment, Ryu is a MUST (hey! he's the main star!). By me, Rose and Viper are in, but it's up to you all.

Street Fighter
- Ryu: Official Capcom sprites: finished (+PotS completations) // Armentis' sheet: completed, but needs some fixes.
- Ken: sprites finished (CvS+Balthazar+some other people) // CSed by JMorphman. This is gonna be sexy. CS Sprites release topic

Street Fighter Zero/Alpha
- Rose: Sprites revamped by me. More than complete. CSed by Drex. CS Sprites release topic
- Sakura: Sprites finished (CvS+PotS), but she received new stuff in SF4.

Street Fighter 2
- Chun Li: She's a MUST in a SF. CS Sprites release topic
- Guile: Sprites completed (CvS+some people's completations). Also, CSed by Jmorphman. CS Sprites release topic
- Vega/M. Bison (Dictator): Sprites finished (CvS+PotS completations). davismaximus CSed him. CS Sprites release topic

Street Fighter IV
- C. Viper: Sprites by me. She is missing her intro from SF4, MvC3... and Ultra 2. MAYBE her stand will receive a fix later.
- Gouken: Sprites done by CvSNB, currently being revamped by Benhazard. These guys rock!!

Street Fighter 3
- Alex: Armentis converted all the sprites of this guy into CvS.
- Oro: Armentis converted all the sprites of this old fart into CvS (as he did with Alex).
- Q: Ink reduced the palette and resized him to fit in with the rest of the SF cast (CvS sprites); good starting point for editing/fixing. Release topic

Final Fight
- Guy: He got all his sprites done in SFZ, some were updated for CFJ. And PotS did some completations. davismaximus CSed him. CS Sprites release topic
- Cody: Same as Guy, except completations and etc.

Characters who haven't current sheets:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:13:53 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
Re: Characters
#2  April 02, 2014, 10:59:25 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Also, I'm not sure if he got CSed.

:o!!

Yes, he got CSed.. Amazing work by davismaximus.

The roster, for now, lacks of bosses. For a first alpha I think it should be at least one boss, and The Dictator is my top suggestion :P Also, I think that at first, the roster should be filled based on the types of characters (shoto, grappler, charge, mix, etc). For a grappler I suggest Zangief, and to fill the roster with no characters from Street Fighter 2, I'll go with Charlie for a charge character.
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:10:32 am by Chazzanova
#3  April 02, 2014, 11:01:32 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Cammy could part of the SF2 reps? ;) Also, I'd like to nominate Haggar for the Final Fight representatives. He's kind of an iconic character in their series.
#4  April 02, 2014, 11:09:00 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I put my vote up for Skullomania (Street Fighter EX series; CvS sprites made by Sean Altly).
I also really like Guile, but his sprites aren't that good, there is no good CvS sheet available for him.
#5  April 02, 2014, 11:11:37 am
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
oh yeah c.viper ( ^__^)
#6  April 02, 2014, 11:17:21 am
Guy has some other sprites that need to be colour separated:
by Artchell and by CallMeMrA / Rolento. Who is up for the task?

Will Gill be in the roster?
#7  April 02, 2014, 11:19:00 am
    • Argentina
Ah! I remember that armentis has an unfinished wip, Ibuki.

Ibuki > Oro :D
#8  April 02, 2014, 11:25:41 am
#9  April 02, 2014, 11:35:35 am
- Chazzanova: Thanks!! I thought I saw that, but didn't know if it was finished. I was, then, totally wrong. That CS is awesome!! Also: Oro >>>>>Ibuki  >:( . About the "type" characters, I totally agree with you, mostly because these could be usedas template for future "similar" characters.
----->¿Biólogo Marino?¿En serio?¡¡Yo soy científico marino!!

- T. Vincenson: I know Cammy is from SF2. But her sprites are, by the moment, SFZ(Killer Bee). I know Chuchoryu's making a DR Cammy but, I saw it and...no, mi amigo. Let's see if she gets developed in a future ;). About Haggar, he's one of the mains and never missed a Final Fight!

- Balthazar: I know he's awesome and all, but SFEX is not part of the canon(well...when that mattered to Capcom?LOLOLOLOL), but aside him, Kairi and B. Dame...there are no more EX characters(if not counting Garuda and Shadowgeist, who are still in their current polygon rips). Anyway, people can vote. Also, I agree with you about the Guile thing, but keeping the CvS sprites would save us a lot of time.

- Alex: Thanks for noticing those. About Gill, he's a boss and he deserves his spot here(as Sagat, Dictator or etc)

Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:57:54 am by FeLo_Llop
#10  April 02, 2014, 11:48:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
On street fighter ex: we've been allowing it this whole time. Some of the game's mechanics are inspired from it too. I know it's not canon but this is a tribute game to sf. And well, as such I think we should be able to use stuff from the ex franchise because this is fan made and for once we don't have to worry about technicalities like who owns sfex characters and such. The only limitation we have is the lack of sprited characters.
#11  April 02, 2014, 11:54:39 am
    • Argentina
Oro >>>>>Ibuki  >:(
----->¿Biólogo Marino?¿En serio?¡¡Yo soy científico marino!!
Nobody loves Ibuki :(

Aclaro que no soy biólogo, es mayormente por la serie Seinfeld, donde en un capítulo George Constanza se hace pasar por biólogo marino. Serie altamente recomendable, por cierto! :P
#12  April 02, 2014, 12:04:06 pm
-JnP: About the SFEX series, yes, it lacks EVERYONE from it(except those thee), so...we can stick to those OR making a sprite-founding(ha! new concept!) from various spriters. BUT not fully done sprites, I think the "by parts"(as in Rumble Fish) could save A LOT of time to spriters. X makes a head, Y makes a torso, etc...it was nicely done in RF. Also, I noticed that some SFZ characters are done like this at some parts(re-using certain zones of their own bodies, coming from other sprites). Just look at this Adon...
http://spritedatabase.net/files/arcade/633/Sprite/Adon.gif
I noticed that while CSing him(unfortunately, I don't have the sprites anymore. MAYBE Basara still has them). Some underknees, gloves, feet, heads...are repeated time after time!!
So, I thinkthat the correct way to do this related to SFEX/4/1 could follow this:
· Outlining from videos/rips.
· Sprite above(layers) for each part: Layer a has gloves,layer B has heads, etc...and they does't need to be done time after time...since a lot of them are repeated.

- Chazzanova: Coooorrecto. Le echaré un ojo :)!
#13  April 02, 2014, 12:09:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If this project starts making progress I'd be willing to commission some sfex characters. It's been forever but the three I'd like most would be Garuda, D Dark, and the kimono chick (I forget her name, looks like kasumi from kof (Hokoto?))
#14  April 02, 2014, 12:28:47 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^ I agree, those are probably the most interesting characters unique to that series :)
Wasn't Sean still asking for commissions? I know he needs the money...but he's been pretty inactive lately, so who knows.

+yeah I do very much agree we shouldn't shun SF EX chars, we shouldn't care about canon!
#15  April 02, 2014, 12:47:03 pm
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Thanks for the answer Fel.

Also.. Just another question, will there be some sort of a "boss tier" characters per SF series? You know, Sagat, Dictator, Rolento, Gill etc. to be assigned as either hidden or unselectable AI characters? (Perhaps they have separate, unplayable AI only versions that are quite powerful and some of them got exclusive CPU moves etc.)
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:51:19 pm by T. Vinceson
#16  April 02, 2014, 12:47:24 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#17  April 02, 2014, 12:58:10 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
#18  April 02, 2014, 01:37:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Also.. Just another question, will there be some sort of a "boss tier" characters per SF series? You know, Sagat, Dictator, Rolento, Gill etc. to be assigned as either hidden or unselectable AI characters? (Perhaps they have separate, unplayable AI only versions that are quite powerful and some of them got exclusive CPU moves etc.)
Yes, so far the idea is to go through a multitude of bosses. Some will have ai only perks.
Boss order would be fight some SF1 character then Sagat
 Fight SFA characters then fight Bison
 fight some SF2 characters then Balrog, Vega, Sagat, Bison, Akuma
fight SF4 characters then Seth
fight SF3 characters then Gill
afterwards maybe Pandora
#19  April 02, 2014, 01:52:52 pm
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines

Yes, so far the idea is to go through a multitude of bosses. Some will have ai only perks.
Boss order would be fight some SF1 character then Sagat
 Fight SFA characters then fight Bison
 fight some SF2 characters then Balrog, Vega, Sagat, Bison, Akuma
fight SF4 characters then Seth
fight SF3 characters then Gill
afterwards maybe Pandora

I see, must say it is quite a creative order of fights, not to mention they're also nostalgic throwback to their respective original game source material. I am also hearing of Pandora since the last thread, she's going to be the game's sort of "universal" end boss, yes?

Also in the Alpha/Zero representation, is R. Mika still up in the air being still considered, or perhaps time for male characters like Nash/Charlie, Gen etc.
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:02:23 pm by T. Vinceson
#20  April 02, 2014, 02:46:58 pm
that character/boss fight order is way too long