YesNoOk

Different KOF mechanics (Read 4556 times)

Started by NikoPalad67140, August 09, 2022, 07:21:33 pm
Share this topic:
Different KOF mechanics
#1  August 09, 2022, 07:21:33 pm
    • France
Hey guys!
I have a question concerning the implementation of several KOF mechanics:
  • 5 Power Bars - is there a way to increase the power bar number from 3 to 5? That would be useful for implementing MAX Mode or Hyper DMs.
  • MAX Mode - I'm sure you can do this in the .cmd file, but how?
  • Hops - an important movement mechanic in KOF, done by briefly tapping the jump button. Is that possible in MUGEN and Ikemen as well?
Re: Different KOF mechanics
#2  August 09, 2022, 07:35:24 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Hey guys!
I have a question concerning the implementation of several KOF mechanics:
  • 5 Power Bars - is there a way to increase the power bar number from 3 to 5? That would be useful for implementing MAX Mode or Hyper DMs.
  • MAX Mode - I'm sure you can do this in the .cmd file, but how?
  • Hops - an important movement mechanic in KOF, done by briefly tapping the jump button. Is that possible in MUGEN and Ikemen as well?

• 5 Power Bars - Yep, just increase the 'Power' of a character in their main .cns file to 5000. Should be listed right in [Data] and if it's not there, write 'Power = 5000' on a new line.
  • MAX Mode - Check a KOF character that's been made for MUGEN that has it. It's been done before but has to be coded as a custom mechanic.
  • Hops - 'Short hopping' has been done in a lot of characters. You could check a CVS/POTS character if you want one of the most common instances of short hopping (at least, as far as I'm aware they have short hopping).
#3  August 10, 2022, 07:42:12 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
MAX is a bit complex to explain simply because it uses a bunch of variables, but looking at any kof creator's work can show you how they coded it. Vans' work is open source (as long as you credit for the sections you use) if your interest was 2002 style MAX.

As for hop, I use this style drawn from Kn and GM for garou but it should work for kof

In state 40 in the common you have the standard change state
Code:
[State 40]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 50
ctrl = 1

what you want to do is identify a difference if they tapped up, or if it's held, so you throw a "holdup" into the cmd so it recognizes it beind held down, and you add this to your state 40, which represents the standard jump
Code:
[State 40]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = AnimTime = 0
triggerall = command = "holdup"
value = 50
ctrl = 1

With this you have these two options, the tapped jump, and the held jump
50 is your standard jump state, 41 is my hop, but you can use any number you want
Code:
[State 40]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 41
ctrl = 1

[State 40]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = AnimTime = 0
triggerall = command = "holdup"
value = 50
ctrl = 1

You can just copy over state 50, renumber it how you want, and make some y vel change like this to make it like a hop
Code:
[State 0, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = time = 0
y = const(velocity.jump.y)*.67
#4  August 12, 2022, 04:46:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv