YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209377 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#321  January 25, 2020, 10:58:46 pm
About the paw prints, Sogetsu has a water animation and Iroha has a feather, and the paw prints is immediately followed by Mina's arrow, so I figure it's just the paw prints of that pet thing she has... which is apparently based on those Ryukyuuan "dogs" that resemble the classic Chinese lion statues ? I really don't think they'd still hide the last one yet make it that easy, and it seems pretty clear that the paw prints are coming together with the arrow.
Not saying it won't be Gen-an or Cham Cham, I just don't think the paws are about the 4th character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:02:41 pm by Byakko
#322  January 26, 2020, 06:11:04 am
    • Brazil
I haven't following SamSho for a long time.
What happened to Mina's eye?

And as for the 5th DLC, I bet it's gonna be Suzuhime.
If anyone doesn't know, she's from a Xbox 360 SamSho game which flopped pretty much.
That shadow looks like a male with muscular arms, unless Suzu receives the same treatment Ed did in Street Fighter V, that is not her.

Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 06:15:49 am by Macaulyn97
#323  January 26, 2020, 08:23:09 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
she most likely took a lot of damage fighting chample

Also it was confirmed few hours ago that yeah, Mina managed to bring Chample back to his shisa form after fighting his true form, losing her right eye during the battle.
I'm glad that all ends well both to Mina and Chample.
#324  January 26, 2020, 04:14:07 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I'm not. I wished she stayed dead.

And the last character better be Gen-An.
#325  January 26, 2020, 04:30:11 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I'm intrigued by the collar on the silhouette.
Unless it's just a simple "Mystery Man" placeholder.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#326  January 26, 2020, 07:15:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Here's hoping for a brand new character.
#327  February 21, 2020, 03:41:44 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Mina Majikina trailer is out:

#328  February 21, 2020, 03:53:59 am
    • USA
in my opinion, i think the ??? character is Asura, because of the neck scarf and the way the hair is
#329  February 21, 2020, 06:07:16 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Mina is a great addition to the roster I think.
She's cool, sassy but also cute and pretty design wise.

SNK is doing the right thing with adding old characters. All I need is Amakusa and I'll be satisfied :D
#330  February 21, 2020, 04:20:07 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Mina is a shallow fanservice character with a annoying sidekick and broken gameplay. At least they seem to have fixed the gameplay part by removing the zoner normals.
#331  February 21, 2020, 04:31:41 pm
    • Brazil
Mina is a shallow fanservice character with a annoying sidekick and broken gameplay. At least they seem to have fixed the gameplay part by removing the zoner normals.
Who exactly wasn't shallow in SamSho before now? I mean, it's not like the story was incredibly fleshed out before for anyone to be seen as anything more than an anime stereotype.
#332  February 21, 2020, 08:02:12 pm
Shallow stereotype isn't the same as shallow fanservice. Kusaregedo is not the same kind of shallow as Mina.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#333  February 21, 2020, 10:59:25 pm
    • USA
Eh Mina is fanservicey but shes far from the shallow type imo. She atleast has a story arc.

Speaking of, I remember seeing that SNK said that Mina survived her suicide attempt after killing Chample:s demon form and I guess that ties into his seal on his forehead, meaning she sealed the demon away at the cost of her eye I am guessing.

If we are gonna talk about characters who literally were made as shallow fanservice, just look no further than Iroha. Her whole character is designed to *be* fanservice.
#334  February 21, 2020, 11:21:54 pm
    • Brazil
Shallow stereotype isn't the same as shallow fanservice. Kusaregedo is not the same kind of shallow as Mina.
You're right, a shallow fanservice at least gives you something to look at on top of the boring stereotype.
#335  February 22, 2020, 01:14:41 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If we are gonna talk about characters who literally were made as shallow fanservice, just look no further than Iroha. Her whole character is designed to *be* fanservice.

This I can agree with.
#336  February 24, 2020, 01:37:20 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Speaking of, I remember seeing that SNK said that Mina survived her suicide attempt after killing Chample:s demon form and I guess that ties into his seal on his forehead, meaning she sealed the demon away at the cost of her eye I am guessing.

And you're right bro. The new canon for Mina is that instead of commiting suicide after killing Chample, she fights Chample's demon form and attempt to defeat and seal him, losing her right eye in the battle.
#337  March 23, 2020, 03:52:59 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#338  March 23, 2020, 04:23:16 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
No it's entirely on SNK. They went for that sweet sweet exclusivity money. Something that they said they would never accept just last year. Hooray for their Chinese overlords!
#339  March 23, 2020, 05:27:32 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

There is absolutely nothing in this video that suggests that Samurai Shodown (or any of the other games, for that matter) will be exclusive to EGS. No little blurb saying "exclusive to Epic Games Store!", no announcement from SNK themselves, nothing.

We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions based on a 1 minute trailer, especially considering there are games that are on both platforms (the Batman Arkham games, Watch Dogs, Death Stranding, etc).
#340  March 23, 2020, 06:10:45 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
You don't know how Epic Store's exclusivity contract works do you? Epic themselves give money to them to artificially inflate the game's sales in exchange for the game being only on the Epic Store for at least a year. By the time they would release it on Steam interest in the game would already be so low that only a few would be playing it online let alone buy it in the first place. They already shit the bed for PC gamers when they released it on Stadia and then they go do this. It's rather obvious they did all this just to get Google and Tencent's money.
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:14:20 pm by Mgbenz