YesNoOk

BattleBorn by 2K Games  (Read 5992 times)

Started by BXR, October 09, 2019, 06:59:52 am
Share this topic:
BattleBorn by 2K Games
#1  October 09, 2019, 06:59:52 am
    • USA

Link:
https://battleborn.com/en/battleborn

https://mentalmars.com

Best things:
- Split Screen couch co-op aka Local Co-op (join in with you buddy! which fu'n game has done that in 2019 besides Battleborn? none. )
- 5vs5 teams to kill the sentry
- Shooters and milee to choose from
- Game is FREE (only campaign modes are priced)
- Note: MOST (like bout  90% of the items can be gained just by playing online and even special outfits can be unlocked by choice, when you get enough platinum, which are given away through daily/weekly challenges)

Screens: (updated)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Whats up fighting fans, this is  BXR. you know me, nothing but love.
Im presenting to you a game you should play in your spare time, especially if your having your friends, family, wives, exwives, or excons to your place.
Games got a abit of a bad rap for really ridiculous things, people saying all sorts of bad things, like matchmaking, modes and balance.  Just to let you know, this game has been updated with good intentions by the creators and was made with nothing but pure love for the game, and it shouldnt just go stuggle for last breath, instead I am trying to REviVe this game just like how Gill Resurrcuts his ass after getting KOed. Its all Love.

Its a well done game, graphics were done beutifully. No need for super-crazy effects, and dialogue in game is f'n fantastic. It really makes the game standout and it received a lot of content in that regards. Gameplay is great too, just Incursion is the best mode to play and team battle it out. I'm asking for a lot of members to join in on the PS4 and just battle it out in teams,

Right now i have some typos so Im gonna definitly update this post, but as of now, my team needs me, lets bless this game guys, Need your help

Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:46:07 am by BXR
Re: BattleBorn by 2K Games
#2  October 10, 2019, 02:37:31 pm
Best things:
- Split Screen couch co-op aka Local Co-op (join in with you buddy! which fu'n game has done that in 2019 besides Battleborn? none. )

I could think of some, but Smash Bros Ultimate comes to mind without thinking.

To be honest, I have been avoiding this game like the plague since it's release.
It looks like it tried to cash in on Overwatch's success but failed miserably.
It's been bargain bin material for as long as I can remember, the $5 kind of bargain bin.
So I always thought this game was dead from the launch.
If the game is good, I would really doubt why it's always been bargain priced.
But if so, might be a cheap thrill for multiplayer.

Could you tell me / us more about it?
I believe you need to buy each character with in-game currency or real money.
How much do you get to start with? Like 5 characters?
How much do you need to play to unlock the next one?
At least I doubt they're all available at the go, because unlocking them is what makes these game stay alive.
What else is there to know? Any Pay 2 win elements?
#3  October 11, 2019, 09:59:59 am
    • USA

I could think of some, but Smash Bros Ultimate comes to mind without thinking.

Thats a fighting game, and its only on that dreaded nintendo platform

To be honest, I have been avoiding this game like the plague since it's release.
It looks like it tried to cash in on Overwatch's success but failed miserably.
It's been bargain bin material for as long as I can remember, the $5 kind of bargain bin.
So I always thought this game was dead from the launch.
If the game is good, I would really doubt why it's always been bargain priced.
But if so, might be a cheap thrill for multiplayer.

What I dont understand is this BS about cashgrab release, that was All the titles that were released on PS4, Street Fighter V guys? Comeon.
Dont do that, the games getting too much bad rap about being released around the time Overwatch came out. Battleborn isnt about cashgrab, thats what Blizzards been doing ages ago. All the titles that i know from Blizzard was pay to play cash grab, World of Warcraft as an example.
Battleborns cheap, and its worth more than bin money,  but its cheap so i think its a steal for tht clearence rack price.
There was ALOT of creativity put into this game, and it definitely shows. Conpared to Oveatch, there are alot of things that Battleborn has , but Overwatch doesnt, like great feel for the character (they are represented very well, and doesnt feel bland when conpared to Overwatches bland characters and wierd battlecries) and thats with wierd characters thrown in,  i play this just cause of the characters man! Its F'n fantastic!

Graphics are welldone as well, theres a finish 2K games has that just feel great,  you can see the difference,
Gameplay is fun, only problem is we need hell of lot of players,  and Im gonna see what what we remaing people can do
to get some foottraffic going in BB,
the game is practically FREE, cause its so cheap.
Marketing is where 2K may have had a hard time, but thats generally an issue in a lot of us  as people as well.

Could you tell me / us more about it?
I believe you need to buy each character with in-game currency or real money.
How much do you get to start with? Like 5 characters?
How much do you need to play to unlock the next one?
At least I doubt they're all available at the go, because unlocking them is what makes these game stay alive.
What else is there to know? Any Pay 2 win elements?

Yeah, Game is online and servers are NOT CLOSED. we are still good and will stay our ground, haha
- No. you dont need to BUY any character. You can get them free with  ingame credits.
- Yeah you do start off with some of the main ones pictured, you can just unlock the rest with credits or platinum i forget which, either way i didnt pay anything to unlock anyone
- They have Character rotation so, you can still play as one of them if you dont have them yet
Ghalt is hard to unlock, i think you can still get him with credits or platinum not sure about that now, but think of him like Akuma.

https://mentalmars.com/game-news/battleborn-who-is-ghalt/2/
- It may be a slow process to unlock just via 5vs5 online, getting characters is fairly qucik but the gear will take a long time, but they have added a NEW loot pack, which gets way better gear and skins, MUCH faster, but it takes alot of credits, which you gain at a fairly moderate rate
-NOT pay to win for sure, paid dlc characters were nerfed the hell out so, creators were busy doing their job, last patch was like a year ago, but they did what they can. Just we need much more players and its sad to see it go like that

The game is definitly worthy, and youll have some goodlaughs
#4  October 11, 2019, 08:14:30 pm
You almost lost me with the first sentence.
I just gave an example, because you said there were none.

I did some research of my own in the meanwhile.
Read some reviews and watched some YouTube videos.
Don't think I want to sit through 30 minutes of match making on a lucky day tbh.

lui

#5  October 11, 2019, 08:23:09 pm
    • USA
Even if it was alive, the game doesn't interest me since none of the characters feel memorable, and alot of aspects of the game feel pretty dated now that alot of other online shooters have come out since then.

Everything you listed isn't exactly unique as alot of other f2p games now have rotations instead of locking everything right off the bat.

There really isn't much reason to pick this game up nowadays tbh, everything it does, other shooters simply have done better and the fact it's super dead only adds to that barrier.

there's a reason people didn't pick it up even when it went f2p
#6  October 12, 2019, 09:38:56 am
    • USA
Yes, Lobby waiting is an issue, but all the people from Mugenguild should be enough to go 5 vs 5s easily

Everything you listed isn't exactly unique as alot of other f2p games now have rotations instead of locking everything right off the bat.

There really isn't much reason to pick this game up nowadays tbh, everything it does, other shooters simply have done better and the fact it's super dead only adds to that barrier.

there's a reason people didn't pick it up even when it went f2p

Im sure you will like atleast 3 characters, the games' feel is more like your characters are like super sayans, so it takes more damage to kill, so you need some team synergy to kill your foes, and when you do finish em off, use  with this taunt

try to join us around evenings to 11p, pacific time,  we stay a little longer.
i kno how you feel, i still urge you and the entire Guild to atleast come hang out us,   just for shoots and giggles. and some lobby waiting bs.

lui

#7  October 13, 2019, 02:52:39 am
    • USA
Im sure you will like atleast 3 characters, the games' feel is more like your characters are like super sayans, so it takes more damage to kill, so you need some team synergy to kill your foes, and when you do finish em off, use  with this taunt

I gave it a shot a year ago.

I did not like it. So no thanks.

I really think you're gonna have a hard time convincing a very niche, very obscure fighting game focused forum to play this game at all.
#8  October 13, 2019, 03:39:37 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I think it's time to realize that this forum isn't interested in this
#9  October 15, 2019, 04:36:47 am
    • USA
Orochi Gill, i invite you to play with me on the Ps4, if your not coming with me then i have no choice to Kidnap you!

i just made a twitter guys, also im in a lobby, if anyone wants to have some teams, while you wait in the lobby, you can create your mugen character or finish your long overdue f'n projects that we have been waiting for so long,
#10  October 15, 2019, 04:40:30 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA