YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1842702 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Ryu Update) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits of Varying Quality
#581  December 23, 2019, 08:02:38 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Pretty much the same thing that happend with my edit of PotS Guy in his special intro against Cody or Haggar.

If you're talking about the teleporting, that's not my issue. It's Ryu doing his elbow over and over if he doesn't reach Evil Ryu.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#582  December 23, 2019, 08:05:26 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Nope, it's the barrel intro, it's the position of Guy after he break the barrels.
#583  December 23, 2019, 08:34:39 pm
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
Re: (Hibiki Takane) Rowen's PotS/Infinite Edits of Varying Quality
#584  December 24, 2019, 10:50:35 pm
    • UK
Here's what I'll throw in for Christmas, as I don't wanna stress my self tomorrow, Hibiki.

I also did a quick update to Vanessa, nerfing her Machine Gun Punchers (again) and Forbidden Eagles as there were still possible infinites.
WIP Schedule:
#585  December 25, 2019, 07:01:34 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Since your updating Hibiki now, here's the feedback I posted on her previously for gui as these issues still persists:
-A minor asthethic, but the basic attacks where she draws her sword should be the same ones used by Nakoruru instead of normal swing sounds.
-EX Chikayori te Kiru Nari doesn't have a swing sound nor there is a sound where the opponent hits the wall.
-Jumping WP should be a weak slash sound.
-Throw 1 has no envshake like the basic hits.
Plus more I found after some more testing:
-There's is no dash sound effect on the start up of Suigetsu o Tsuku Nari and no sliding effect and sound on the end.
-The first hit of Shikabane o Koete Iku Nari has no sword swing sound.
-The hit when the oppnent gets caught from Hasshou Suru Shinki Nari, Musou Shinden-ryu Swan Song and Shi o Osorenu Kokoro Nari would look better and adds more impact with envshake.

Hope you get around fixing those now that you took over.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#586  December 25, 2019, 10:10:18 am
    • UK
Don't fear, I'll get to these bud.
WIP Schedule:
#587  December 26, 2019, 09:44:17 pm
    • USA
Will you add an Orochi mode to Cruz's Shermie when you get to her?
#588  December 26, 2019, 10:53:47 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I found an odd.
Hibiki doesn't have hurt voices.
This is fate.
#589  December 27, 2019, 05:48:47 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
DUDE! Hibiki is here! Finally... knowing your talent, i will finally have a solid POTS version of her.

BTW... i might sound stubborn, but now that i think about it, wouldn't it be great to have a POTS version of Diepod's Bluestreak?
#590  December 27, 2019, 03:45:33 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
In addition to what SZ said, the round doesn't end when she gets cheap KO'ed.
#591  December 27, 2019, 03:47:04 pm
    • Brazil
I really like your works, they are awesome. But if I can make a suggestion, she could have hurt voices like Mysticus said, and a visual "spark"/sound effect when her parry move works against the opponent. Keep with your chars edits, they're really amazing.
#592  December 28, 2019, 08:16:05 pm
More feedback for Terry.

in the KOF games Terry can cancel from a crouching low punch to an uppercut (crouching heavy punch) and then to an burning knuckle, your edit cannot do that and its a shame because combos like jumping HK crouching LK crouching HP to a low burning knuckle are missing.

The power charge(the move not power charge in mugen) commands and the leg slide commands, are they the same ? i sometimes get different results by doing the command ?
Also the leg slide looks super sped up, Terry by QB has the speed and look fine why not take a look at that for refference ?
The throw slam sound is missing when throwing an OP to the groung from the two kick throw.

Why not let terry cancel from the EX burning knuckle to the level 1 buster wolf ?  pretty much most of the pots chars can do normal -> special-> hyper bar the DW's MVC stuff which is fair game in my book cause of chains and stuff.
Terry cant do that.

Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:46:08 pm by PeXXeR
#593  December 28, 2019, 09:03:00 pm
    • UK
More feedback for Terry.

in the KOF games Terry can cancel from a crouching low punch to an uppercut (crouching heavy punch) and then to an burning knuckle, your edit cannot do that and its a shame because combos like jumping HK crouching LK crouching HP to a low burning knuckle are missing.

The power charge(the move not power charge in mugen) commands and the leg slide commands, are they the same ? i sometimes get different results by doing the command ?
Also the leg slide looks super sped up, Terry by QB has the speed and look fine why not take a look at that for refference ?
The throw slam sound is missing when throwing an OP to the groung from the two kick throw.

Why not let terry cancel from the EX burning knuckle to the level 1 buster wolf ?  pretty much most of the pots chars can do normal -> special-> hyper bar the DW's MVC stuff which is fair game in my book cause of chains and stuff.
Terry cant do that.

Fire Kick is Charge B, F while Power Charge is HCF for your curiosity.
I'll look into the cancels when I return to him which shouldn't be too long.

Are you willing to try the other edits I've done?
WIP Schedule:
#594  December 28, 2019, 11:07:55 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Speaking of your other edits, Rowen, do you still plan on updating your edit of Varo_Hades's Jack Krauser?
Because i have some feedback: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/jack-krauser-pots-style-varohades-188137.0.html

*The arrows still have hitboxes when they lay on the ground after being blocked, meaning they can still block grounded projectiles.
*I can't seem to be able to block the explosion the robot makes after it has been hit.
*Nor can i seem to destroy the regular grenade.
*His AI can also infinite combo the player with a single knife attack.
*The machine gun super has no blue CLSN's on his firing arm. (It has no CLSNs at all, in fact.)
#595  December 28, 2019, 11:25:20 pm
    • UK
Speaking of your other edits, Rowen, do you still plan on updating your edit of Varo_Hades's Jack Krauser?
Because i have some feedback: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/jack-krauser-pots-style-varohades-188137.0.html

*The arrows still have hitboxes when they lay on the ground after being blocked, meaning they can still block grounded projectiles.
*I can't seem to be able to block the explosion the robot makes after it has been hit.
*Nor can i seem to destroy the regular grenade.
*His AI can also infinite combo the player with a single knife attack.
*The machine gun super has no blue CLSN's on his firing arm. (It has no CLSNs at all, in fact.)

I was actually planning on just moving it into this thread first, but good call.
WIP Schedule:
#596  December 29, 2019, 11:33:36 pm
    • UK
Hibiki updated.

Shoutouts to Sennou-Room for providing me with this sick surprise update, with additions like Gethit and Sword Swing sounds and fixes like the Cheap KO and a few System Mechanics.
WIP Schedule:
#597  December 30, 2019, 03:23:24 pm
    • UK
Minor Hibiki update related to Palettes and Super Text
WIP Schedule:
#598  December 30, 2019, 04:35:08 pm
More feedback for Terry.

Terry cant do that.

Fire Kick is Charge B, F while Power Charge is HCF for your curiosity.
I'll look into the cancels when I return to him which shouldn't be too long.

Are you willing to try the other edits I've done?

Most of your edits are on infinite style chars unfortunately. I have next to 0 interest in that style, it has nothing to do with POTS or CVS it just has the sparks.
I don't mean to be rude or anything, I appriciate what you do man but the infinite stuff is just not my cup of tea.

If you want to make an infinite char yourself I highly suggest you use Infinite's latest chars as a base. They are way better and were made by the man himself.

If you want to make a POTS char Jman's Joe/King/Kyo/ Chun etc the latest updates are the best way to start your own projects.
any DW char will do if you want to go the DW route as well. I actually prefer max mode over excel.

As for Terry the EX Rising tackle hitpauses look super sped up and the ex crack shoot hit pauses are weird as well.
I highly suggest you take a peak at Vyn's Terry, he nailed both of those.
I really like what you did with Terry and to be honest most of my feedback for the rest would be shite. I am the most familliar with Terry as he is my fave SNK char since what 98  ? 99 ? something like that.
Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:09:04 pm by PeXXeR
#599  December 30, 2019, 05:48:42 pm
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
#600  December 30, 2019, 06:22:34 pm
I dunno man I feel they are still to fast, dunno if im just to used to Vyn's terry or something.
Take a peek at this. They just have more of an Umph to them if that makes any sense.
https://streamable.com/e416x

Just to get my feedback into one neat post.

Terry cant cancel a crouching low to an uppercut (crouching heavy)
The slam throw on the kicks does not have a sound when the OP hits the ground
Super cancels for Terry to go from normal->special then to a hyper
Some hitpause nitpicking on  EX crack shoot and EX rising tackle
Some of the commands can be better for power charge and the slide
Also the EX slide speed kick when Terry dives in and does it are a bit to fast to react to if you are on the recieving end.
QB's Terry nailed those vels.

Its up to you man, terry is solid as he is, consider these as polish if you go about updating him.

A tip if you have mugen on speed 2 3 or whatever use normal speed. Mugen's speed up is garbage and will throw you off.

Vyn based his Terry on 98 Terry a lot he got the pauses on the hits straight from 98. it looks identical.
https://youtu.be/RiTTQ3orrBc?t=21
The first one is slower it shows the hit properly connecting then the rest of em are faster.
Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:40:21 pm by PeXXeR