YesNoOk

Something terrible has happened to Reu... (Read 75619 times)

Started by VinnyJ, November 25, 2007, 03:04:52 pm
Share this topic:

AJC

Re: Something terrible has happened to Reu...
#181  November 26, 2007, 09:02:28 am
holy fuck....oh well i hope it was quick and has painless as possable RIP Reu :angel:
#182  November 26, 2007, 09:33:09 am
Ashes to ashes......he will surely be missed by the mugen community and his many fans

R.I.P. Reu
Orochi Akuma updated SOON!!!  Shadow might be here sooner than expected.

jjong1917

#183  November 26, 2007, 09:44:52 am

Rest in peace Reu...

I am sad...
#184  November 26, 2007, 10:32:22 am
  • Zeh Human brain....
#185  November 26, 2007, 11:40:10 am
  • If they have no bread, then let them eat cake!
    • xat.com/Fabula_Nova_Crystalis
This is truly an unfortunate event in the Mugen World... Although I may have not known Reu personally I know for one that he was a very good Man and a very potential contributor to the Mugen community... Rest Now Reu... TT^TT

Death
It's an untimely blessing,
Or a complete disaster,
That happens to all of us
Even if its something you want,
It isn't something everyone else will want,
For you or themselves

It makes no sense,
Your untimely departure
They said it was suicide
But I don't believe that's true,
I don't want to believe that's true

I wish you didn't go
You have no idea how much we all need you
You brought joy to the world,
Which is so rarely there,
And you Friday jokes,
No matter how corny they are,
Brought smiles to everyone's faces

You brought smiles to all of our faces...

You will be missed dearly
R.I.P.
Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:51:46 am by CandyliciousNekoNeko

JzC

#186  November 26, 2007, 01:37:32 pm
I founded his "evil" charcters special from the other "evil" around, thats why I changed they name for Devil Ryu and Devil Ken...

Great creator and musican gone.
R.I.P ReubenKee

...and they will stay like this.
#187  November 26, 2007, 02:35:32 pm
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
Condolences to his friends and family, and I thought he was a uniquely talented individual and a great guy.
#188  November 26, 2007, 03:17:02 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
I found this yesterday, but it took a while to sink in - just managed to start looking at the news today, and still hasn't sunk in completely, especially now that I got to know more about his life, of all he managed to achieve with it...

A sportsman, a teacher, a musician, a friend... an artist and a friend to those who knew him... after 23 years of a life well lived and sadly cut short, the world is now a weaker place for this loss.

I had only brief contact with him in threads and IRC occasionally, but it was enough to see him as a fun, good-natured guy, whose we now know a little better - and to think in the middle of all he had going in his life he stil managed to put aside some time for a hobby like Mugen and make such a mark in it...

I can only hope this an inspire us to do better with our own lives - the loss of his feels like an unfair wound to this world we can only hope to be able to patch by trying to live up to his finer points, of which he had plenty.

Through a few links I found his blog, I don't think I saw the link here yet - something that may help to know the life and mind of the man behind the glimpse we saw through his creations and community presence:

http://compositious.blogspot.com

I'm yet to read it all, but there are interesting posts there like this one:
http://compositious.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-about-your-life.html

I'm not a very religious person, but if there's an afterlife and nicer side to it, Reuben Kee deserves to be there in the company of his friends also lost in the accident.

May his memory and legacy comfort his friends and family and inspire the rest of us who knew him only through his works.
Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:48:29 pm by Loona
#189  November 26, 2007, 04:54:57 pm
  • When will The Dutch Guy start?
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum
:bigcry: i haven't got anymore to say about him, never met him in person but i wanted to give my condolences to his family and friends.
#190  November 26, 2007, 05:06:29 pm
  • corner push pusher
Wow.....It's been a few days since I've been in the guild and this is the news I get hit with.

I didn't know Reu personally (I passed him like 2 or 3 emails for confirmation-type stuff), but I highly respected the work he put into his chars. I wish I could've gotten to know him a little better. I didn't know the guy was so into music like I was until I read this unfortunate topic....damn shame, maybe we could've gotten a little tighter on that tip.

R.I.P. Reu, you will definitely go down as one of the most respected and represented people the MUGEN community has ever known. Much respect to his family and close friends.

:sleep:
#191  November 26, 2007, 05:21:27 pm
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
His last entry at the blog Loona linked to...
It's like if he knew something was going to happen or something felt "off". :uneasy:
#192  November 26, 2007, 05:23:13 pm
  • duwa duwa
Danke

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#193  November 26, 2007, 05:29:54 pm
Holy Shit

R.I.P Reu

That just destroyed my day

:'(

No Borders, No Nations
#194  November 26, 2007, 05:35:07 pm
  • Not cheap, just misunderstood
    • USA
Oh.  Oh no.

Listen, a few of us may have bashed him for prefering flair over function in his characters, but a man shouldn't go like this.

Very sad.
Nothing to present... yet.  I am a horrible procastinator.
#195  November 26, 2007, 05:55:05 pm
    • Mexico
    • ahrimanes.mgbr.net
this is really sad.. :'(

Reu Rest in Pace, People like you is what wee need in here, sadly you had to go, im shure your legasy will survive trought the mugen comunity. farwell pal.
Take a look to my current wips

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=128494.0
*may the pixels be with you.
*you are crazy, im crazy, so wee are in good company.
*and they shall eat  "Thor till ya com free hall e those"
#196  November 26, 2007, 06:05:43 pm
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar
:(

He will be remembered

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
#197  November 26, 2007, 06:07:35 pm
I don't post here that often but this has shocked me so I had to do this. I didnt even know the man on a personal level but I'm feeling very cold whilst typing this.
He truely was a legend in the Mugen Community and his work will always be remembered.

Rest in Piece, you won't be forgotten.
#198  November 26, 2007, 06:12:25 pm
  • Die!!!
I must say that I've never felt this way about a person that I never met...but its sad to see anyone with talent like his to be taken away.  His Evil Ken & Evil Ryu is my top tier of characters that I've play with for years...never try Dragon Claw yet, but he with be up there also.

And what shocked me the most that he pass away on my birthday....well, something for me to remember...I will never forget

R.I.P Reu

There are many like you, but you are "One of a Kind" =(
I'm The Supreme Master of the Fists!!!
Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:15:43 pm by shungokusatsu13
#199  November 26, 2007, 06:14:31 pm
  • Dev Team of Dragon Claw
I decided to add background music to www.ReubenKee.com. I will NOT close down Reu's site!
He was the last person I spoke to on Tuesday. He was very happy and excited about the boatriding event.
I've spent my weekend away at a friends place, came home, got a MSN message.
Of course I thought it was a joke, he was a fit and very well trained guy, so.. But after I had read the news article, I couldn't hold back.
Now i've spent the entire Sunday crying, just empty all of my energy on tears and thinking about the time I had together with him.
Reu liked to work with a lot of things, he was strictly against racism and his view of religion is __l__ which I think is great.
He helped handicapped people to learn how to swim, with success. He also did music, as I am sure that all of you know. He also created MUGEN characters. Characters such as Evil Ryu, Evil Ken, Dragon Claw, and Project 2. Who was in developement.. sadly, all I can say is that he isn't complete, but he does look godlike. Due to Reu's strict secretess that's all I can say. He was a guy that didn't like to spoil his awesome work too much, and so, I can not say more about that matter. Maybe in the future I will post some screenshots of his very last project that sadly never will be finished, ever. I will remember Reu as a funny guy, full of life and energy, constantly coming up with new ideas for a song or a character or smething else, there was a constant go. Reu did not hate, just like me. He respected people for being what they were, wether they were handicapped, muslims, christians or anything. "You are a human, that's it. Believe whatever you wanna believe, but don't hurt anyone in the progress, also, handicapped persons can't help that they are handicapped. Just remember, they are humans aswell and should be treated like everybody else." Reu was also fond of Dragonboatriding, he was very gifted at it, as well as many other things. Reu was a great musician as I am sure that many of you know he was like Mozart of our time if you ask me. Extremely talanted at what he was doing.
Reu finished military service during Jan/Feb this year, he hated the military and what it was for. "Killing is simply wrong, it is so darn wrong to learn how you kill a person. It makes me sick." When he had time, he would work on a concept for Project 2, and thinking about composing new music. I often asked him what he was gonna do after military service, his answer never changed. He was "Just gonna relax, compose music, and I also wanna create a playmate for DC (Dragon Claw), and after that i'll do whatever I feel like, simply enjoy life." I am sure that Reu enjoyed his life as long as it lasted. He was a person whom enjoyed life very very much. However, his life didn't last very long, which is so darn sad it makes me start crying everytime I think about how such a gifted, strong, intelligent and kind guy like Reu, has to die at such a young age. It is not fair.

With this said, I will take my leave.

- You will be greatly missed Reuben Kee En Rui, not only by your family, but by a whole world.
Reuben "Reu" Kee En Rui: 1984-07-09 - 2007-11-23
(Current max hit count: Click here!) / Dragon Claw
2007-11-20  06:14:42  Reu  Yagami (L) Friends!  gotta get going to the festival cya!! XD *hugz*
2007-11-20  06:14:55  Yagami (L) Friends!  Reu  Alright man! You take care and i'll see ya! *Hugs*
-Extracted from my MSN logbook-
#200  November 26, 2007, 06:19:13 pm
  • Inner Beast
I decided to add background music to www.ReubenKee.com. I will NOT close down Reu's site!
He was the last person I spoke to on Tuesday. He was very happy and excited about the boatriding event.
I've spent my weekend away at a friends place, came home, got a MSN message.
Of course I thought it was a joke, he was a fit and very well trained guy, so.. But after I had read the news article, I couldn't hold back.
Now i've spent the entire Sunday crying, just empty all of my energy on tears and thinking about the time I had together with him.
Reu liked to work with a lot of things, he was strictly against racism and his view of religion is __l__ which I think is great.
He helped handicapped people to learn how to swim, with success. He also did music, as I am sure that all of you know. He also created MUGEN characters. Characters such as Evil Ryu, Evil Ken, Dragon Claw, and Project 2. Who was in developement.. sadly, all I can say is that he isn't complete, but he does look godlike. Due to Reu's strict secretess that's all I can say. He was a guy that didn't like to spoil his awesome work too much, and so, I can not say more about that matter. Maybe in the future I will post some screenshots of his very last project that sadly never will be finished, ever. I will remember Reu as a funny guy, full of life and energy, constantly coming up with new ideas for a song or a character or smething else, there was a constant go. Reu did not hate, just like me. He respected people for being what they were, wether they were handicapped, muslims, christians or anything. "You are a human, that's it. Believe whatever you wanna believe, but don't hurt anyone in the progress, also, handicapped persons can't help that they are handicapped. Just remember, they are humans aswell and should be treated like everybody else." Reu was also fond of Dragonboatriding, he was very gifted at it, as well as many other things. Reu was a great musician as I am sure that many of you know he was like Mozart of our time if you ask me. Extremely talanted at what he was doing.
Reu finished military service during Jan/Feb this year, he hated the military and what it was for. "Killing is simply wrong, it is so darn wrong to learn how you kill a person. It makes me sick." When he had time, he would work on a concept for Project 2, and thinking about composing new music. I often asked him what he was gonna do after military service, his answer never changed. He was "Just gonna relax, compose music, and I also wanna create a playmate for DC (Dragon Claw), and after that i'll do whatever I feel like, simply enjoy life." I am sure that Reu enjoyed his life as long as it lasted. He was a person whom enjoyed life very very much. However, his life didn't last very long, which is so darn sad it makes me start crying everytime I think about how such a gifted, strong, intelligent and kind guy like Reu, has to die at such a young age. It is not fair.

With this said, I will take my leave.

- You will be greatly missed Reuben Kee En Rui, not only by your family, but by a whole world.

Ameen to that Shadow....