YesNoOk

Helper not showing up in round 2 (Read 1519 times)

Started by Zobbes, August 01, 2022, 03:47:27 am
Share this topic:
Helper not showing up in round 2
#1  August 01, 2022, 03:47:27 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
I've been trying to add a following helper for my character that can attack and has his own intro as well, however he won't show up in round 2. So I'm a little lost on how to go about this because I've had cases of this just constantly adding the helper, making the other helpers not show up or flat out not showing up at all.

Here's the code
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Helper not showing up in round 2
#2  August 01, 2022, 07:28:47 am
I've been trying to add a following helper for my character that can attack and has his own intro as well, however he won't show up in round 2. So I'm a little lost on how to go about this because I've had cases of this just constantly adding the helper, making the other helpers not show up or flat out not showing up at all.
Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[State 68000, Helper]
type = Helper
trigger1 = !roundsexisted
name = "Grimmchild"
ID = 68000
stateno = 68000
pos = -40,-30
postype = p1
facing = 1
ownpal = 1

[State 68000, Helper]
type = Helper
trigger1 = !roundsexisted > 2
name = "Grimmchild"
ID = 68001
stateno = 68001
pos = -40,-30
postype = p1
facing = 1
ownpal = 1

Problem is in your trigger1 for both helpers.
trigger1 = !roundsexisted --->Will only trigger on the FIRST round, so no helpers will be spawned from round 2 onwards since they are destroyed at the end of every round.

trigger1 = !roundsexisted > 2 ---> This is equivalent to saying "0 > 2" which will always be false, hence the helper will never be spawned at any time during the match.

Might I add that the helpers will probably be destroyed if the intro is skipped so better to not put it in [statedef 5900]
Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:40:58 am by SteelHammers
#3  August 01, 2022, 07:50:02 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
Alright, so how should I go about adding them? The first helper is for the intro when the character is performing their intro, the second just goes right to the idle state.

I've tried state 0 to which it just keeps adding them over and over.
#4  August 01, 2022, 08:00:49 am
T
Alright, so how should I go about adding them? The first helper is for the intro when the character is performing their intro, the second just goes right to the idle state.

I've tried state 0 to which it just keeps adding them over and over.

To limit the number of helpers to only 1, you need a triggerAll before trigger1, so;
Use triggerAll = !NumHelper(YourHelperID)

See how that goes first.
#5  August 01, 2022, 08:29:31 am
  • Sup Gamer
    • USA
I think that fixed it actually! Thank you!