YesNoOk

Freeza Z2 [Project] (Read 449402 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Freeza Z2
#641  April 11, 2013, 09:07:55 PM
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
The victory pose is win for sure, but a few things seem a little off to me. His tail seems to get thinner at the end and thicker at the front. His right arm seems to darken at the second frame more than it should. And his brow seems to get larger in the first or second frame and shrinks back to normal. Other than those details (and I'm not sure if it was intentional), it looks fine.
Fixed up all of that, thanks ;)
#642  April 11, 2013, 10:43:54 PM
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
You're welcome man! Happy to help!
Edit:
Holy frick, I noticed a few more things. His ear looks like it grows in the second frame, the area around his nose brightens in the first and second (?) frame then darkens like how it originally was, and the bio-gem on his right arm disappears completely when it goes behind his back.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:51:00 AM by BlueSunStudios
#643  April 12, 2013, 04:38:20 PM
    • Netherlands
I'll look into it. In the meanwhile, new attacks!

I think this fixes most issues. It's good enough for me.
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:46:11 PM by Balthazar
#644  April 12, 2013, 05:18:47 PM
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Nice work Balth, You mind making a custom hit state to be compatible for Mel. Goku had something like it but he just did it for when he was hungry. Ill post up the animation once I am done.
Mel Masters/Rock Howard

-Original High Resolution Sprites-
-Original Special FX-
-Original Voice Overs-
-Shared Sound Effects-
#645  April 12, 2013, 09:37:21 PM
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
Looking good Balthazar! BTW, not here to correct, but I noticed that you changed his nails to red to emphasize that his hands (and feet) are stained with blood from his countless foes. I like that little touch you added to him. Oh, and it's nice to see some more of his attacks done!
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#646  April 12, 2013, 09:41:00 PM
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
that rolling attack looks awesome!! so fluid!! nice job man!!
#647  April 13, 2013, 12:59:18 AM
    • Netherlands
Thanks, and I might color-seperate his nails from his eyes when he's all done, so he can have black nails as well.
#648  April 13, 2013, 03:45:22 AM
  • DAT SAX
One criticism, that second animation has it look like his shin is being shaded from a frontal light source and looks wrong. Seems you added an extra lighter shade just for those frames as well.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#649  April 13, 2013, 09:40:03 AM
    • Netherlands
I've never really purposely shaded him anything other then from directly above, but I can see one sprite where his tail is lit more then it should. And thet extra lighter shade you're referring to is probably the blur sprite. In that case it's not an 'extra' shade as in, it's the same color as his skin.
You do mean the tail flip animation, right?
#650  April 13, 2013, 03:18:22 PM
    • Netherlands
I thought it'd be cool that when you'd hold the button down, he'd automaticly do a second spin...

For the aerial Ki Wave/Death Wave, I think it works similar to how it works in Hyper Dimension..he shoots a small bullet down, and it becomes a traveling wave upon hitting the ground. Not sure yet but we'll see. Animation will likely be reused for Daichiretsuzan, where he cuts p2 in half (if we keep that).
#651  April 13, 2013, 05:54:32 PM
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Looking good. The bottom right ones tail look fater but it just might be the angle from where the tail is positioned with the arm. Also on that default jumping pose HIS right leg position makes it look completely small due to the angle but I know its hard to do that type of angle with smaller sprites because you cant fit in the other details without making that leg too fat so its just based on IMO.

Good work so far man, this is coming up well done. Sprite wise I can see youve increased in skill because Freeza looks better out of the other two.
Mel Masters/Rock Howard

-Original High Resolution Sprites-
-Original Special FX-
-Original Voice Overs-
-Shared Sound Effects-
#652  April 13, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
Balth, these Freeza sprites are cool.

Do you want to feature a morphing intro from Monster Freeza to the one you're currently making?
The Dragon is here!
#653  April 13, 2013, 08:29:17 PM
    • Netherlands
The concept of that intro and a finished sprite of his 3rd form have already been featured in this thread...
#654  April 13, 2013, 08:39:58 PM
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
Thanks.
The Dragon is here!
#655  April 14, 2013, 01:47:33 AM
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
Man, Frieza is just looking better and better by the days. Just as we'd expect from a top notch spriters like you Balthazar (though I am aware that Chamat originally made the sprites).
#656  April 15, 2013, 01:43:17 PM
    • Netherlands
Thanks. Here are some more basics: Standing Weak Punch and Kick (the kick is from some SSW sprites + frankenspriting and editing of existing sprites. It may look a little weird but I like it. It could have one or two more frames for recovery but since it's a Weak Kick, I think it's fine like this).

*EDIT

So, I just have to finish his Twist KO and I think animate his fridge state (and revamp it as well), then get-hits are done. Minus cheap KO and time over and dizzy. I've been doing some basic attacks here and there, those are filling up nicely. I've mostly been having fun rearranging stuff in his spritesheet, thinking which bases of Chamat to keep and which to change or use new bases for. There've been a few changes so far:
+Death Star won't be a special move anymore, but a basic move, and a launcher at that (d+SK).
+He won't get the Uppercut special move either, but I might reuse the sprites for something else, maybe his Ultimate, we'll see.
+Still pondering if he should still get his divekicks or not (d+K in air), he already has his diving headbutt special move..
+for his d.SP, I'll probably switch the first animation with the second (below). I don't like the first one anymore.

That's all for now I guess :)
Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:24:42 PM by Balthazar
#657  April 15, 2013, 06:12:40 PM
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Damn Balthazar... Your work only improves as time progresses. If I had extra income, I'd gladly support you through donations. Just sayin. Also, I really love all of the nuances you get just right as his animations flow perfectly like water. Capcom should take notice of your efforts. They rock.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all of this will come together once Cybaster gets his hands on coding.

And I'm sure this has been asked a TON, but I gotta ask it here: Perfect Cell. You're gonna make him. Right?? The only reason I say this is because in your hands, he would be absolutely incredible. Him and Piccolo. ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#658  April 15, 2013, 07:08:37 PM
  • Old Young Man
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#659  April 15, 2013, 07:25:31 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
is he using his own tail as a bat? grabbing it and swinging it down? it looks awkward.
There is a lot of stretch on the anim, wihch is good, but the release goes down instead of forward.
#660  April 15, 2013, 07:42:19 PM
    • Netherlands
What's wrong with it being a downward strike?