YesNoOk

My sprites, edits and animations (Read 1071012 times)

Started by Guillotine, August 15, 2019, 03:17:17 pm
Re: My sprites, edits and animations
#41  October 05, 2019, 01:22:37 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It's really good to see these great animations being used.

Shit
#42  October 11, 2019, 03:14:22 pm
Ehi thanks all, yeah it's pretty nice to see them in action.

so I did something about snake arms in the past but I never looked at it as a whole, quite a few skips in the position of the legs I didn't care about, here's my current edit:

By checking my old set someone might have seen I tried to do the Shovel DM from Wild Ambition, what I did there was to heavily edit the Cool Choi attack and I guess it looked alright in virtue of the original animation being pretty great, but I never felt satisfied with it as it didn't look very shovel-y and didn't feel like I could push it further back then. Here's my current attempt, retooling the cyclic part and with a new beginning and ending:

This gif doesn't not have sparks but the set is updated and complete and has everything.
Btw I did some slight changes in the set, some details for consistency and flowing, some face details here and there, a few extra minor animations and transitions, so check it out if you were using it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z9ec8xa1oux85e/Yamazaki.7z/file
#43  October 11, 2019, 03:58:56 pm
    • Japan
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/el7c5jc9gghl5/MUGEN
Good job! By the way, could you tell me what sprites have changed? I want to pick them out.
Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:11:52 pm by Soy Sauce
#44  October 11, 2019, 09:44:58 pm
Maybe you don't need the answer anymore, but there's a bunch actually, I dd somewhat of a revision and checked certain details in most frames. You could check the date, they are all over honestly.
#45  October 12, 2019, 07:50:27 am
    • Japan
Maybe you don't need the answer anymore, but there's a bunch actually, I dd somewhat of a revision and checked certain details in most frames. You could check the date, they are all over honestly.
Thanks. :megusta:
#46  October 19, 2019, 03:13:07 pm
For a change I gave a try to my favourite new character from KOFXIV, Luong:
#47  October 19, 2019, 08:27:32 pm
  • Shit
Pretty solid sprite there.

Shit
#48  October 25, 2019, 04:32:21 pm
I was revisiting briefly Wild Ambition which is a game I'm quite fond of, and got hit by the itch to try and edit a few sprites of Ryo just the way Mr. Karate is in that game, in the illustrations by Hiroaki that is, the in-game model is quite simplier. The strange anime hair is hard to convey, there's no illustration of the back and in the model is kinda too much so I felt like simplifying it. I also skipped the kanji on the shoulder because when playing from the left it's not facing the camera, and I feel that's a mighty good justification.

Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 04:37:36 pm by Guillotine
#49  October 26, 2019, 07:13:26 pm
  • Shit
That's the coolest Wild Ambition Ryo I've seen so far. Good work.

Shit
#50  October 28, 2019, 03:28:44 pm
Thanks!

So this run cycle was an idea I had uhh almost a decade ago, damn, I had the legs done, edited from Eiji I think, but then left it there not confident enough to give it life. Picked it up again and well here it is. I'm not sure it "works" as intended, but I am always tinkering it and just want to call it done.

#51  October 28, 2019, 03:49:01 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I love this! Amazing work as always.

I am curious how this would look with everything else in game.
#52  November 02, 2019, 11:47:00 am
Thanks! I think it would mesh alright, might need a couple frames of transition possibily, I dunno.

Anyway, when I drew Luong I just knew I had to try animating the stance:
#53  November 02, 2019, 01:54:13 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
That looks amazing!
#54  November 10, 2019, 09:02:31 pm
I was tinkering back with this stance I made for NGBC Ryo, when I decided to convert it to KOF Ryo, this was more work than I envisioned, and I envisioned a fair amount of it. I tried to animate the hair... I'm not really feeling it, too much secondary movement already anyway, but here it is.

#55  November 10, 2019, 10:06:25 pm
  • Shit
I personally like the hair movement quite a lot. Great job.

Shit
#56  November 18, 2019, 12:33:53 pm
    • Japan
#57  November 21, 2019, 07:53:54 pm
Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:01:59 pm by Guillotine
#58  December 05, 2019, 09:01:46 pm
I ended up converting a few animations I retouched for NGBC Ryo... I'm editing my edits of official edits, is this meta yet?
But actually the uppercut is new, it's another Robert's heavily edited. I'm also reposting light punches which had wonky palettes.

#59  December 10, 2019, 01:14:24 am
  • Shit
I'm really fond of these animations. For the longest time, it has always bothered me how rough Ryo's sprites through most KOF games looked, so seeing his animations being revamped is something I value a lot. Really good work so far.

Shit
#60  December 11, 2019, 04:07:02 pm
thanks for the high praise. Yes I do share the sentiment about Ryo of course, IMO the 96 stance has been a bit of a curse for animation since a lot of the stuff even new often didn't flow very well from it, I think only XI had a little revamp and even then it just outlines the oddness.