YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 484216 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:

DW

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond)
#1  May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright, so this is going to take me a bit. Due to having so many chars. However, instead of just mass updating them all and releasing them in bulk, I figured one at a time would be best. Some chars will receive some more in depth individual stuff, but the most important is all the system updates I've done.

All chars will get the following updates:

-Vans' "Tiny Buffering" System implemented
-Camera KO Focus mechanic from Infinite's chars
-"Counter Movement" mechanic added
-Compatibility with Vans Chizuru "Skill Lock" mechanic
-ReadMe updated with more in depth description of the system layout
-EX moves during Max Mode efficiency increased

I'll update this topic as more chars are updated. You can get them at:

http://divinewolf.trinitymugen.net/chars/

Updated
Kung Fu Man:
Spoiler: KFM Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Akuma:
Spoiler: Akuma Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Athena:
Spoiler: Athena Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Blair:
Spoiler: Blair Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Eliza:
Spoiler: Eliza Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Hiryu:
Spoiler: Hiryu Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Jill:
Spoiler: Jill Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Juli:
Spoiler: Juli Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Kula:
Spoiler: Kula Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Lilith:
Spoiler: Lilith Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Kung Fu Girl:
Spoiler: KFG Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Mai:
Spoiler: Mai Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Morrigan:
Spoiler: Morrigan Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Poison:
Spoiler: Poison Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Psylocke:
Spoiler: Psylocke Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Robert:
Spoiler: Robert Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Rock:
Spoiler: Rock Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Sagat:
Spoiler: Sagat Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Skullomania:
Spoiler: Skullomania Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Tia:
Spoiler: Tia Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Yuka:
Spoiler: Yuka Specific Stuff (click to see content)
Kyosuke:
Spoiler: Kyosuke Specific Stuff (click to see content)

Being Updated
No one!
Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:29:41 am by DW
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Kung Fu Man
#2  May 31, 2018, 07:38:58 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Can't unzip it due to unsupported format.
Nevermind, had to update Winrar XP
Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:53:36 pm by The Sudden Rarity
#3  May 31, 2018, 07:43:27 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
"All chars" as in all the ones you've made yourself, or?
#4  May 31, 2018, 07:59:20 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Seems tighter now, but just not a fan of the SFX.  I hope you don't mind if I switch the CvS SFX back to CFJ ^..^;;;

DW

#5  May 31, 2018, 08:14:11 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
"All chars" as in all the ones you've made yourself, or?

Or....? What? :???: Though to answer your question, yes, all of my chars that I've made myself. I'm not doing anything for anyone else.

Seems tighter now, but just not a fan of the SFX.  I hope you don't mind if I switch the CvS SFX back to CFJ ^..^;;;

That's good to hear. Do me a favor and do some serious fights/arcade runs with him. I'm trying to find the right values for the buffering system. Originally with the default values I used from Vans' tutorial, the commands felt a bit too generous imo. I personally reduced the buffer values to make them tighter. I need to confirm that there aren't any bugs/everything feel good before I start mass updating.

As for the SFX, even if I did mind, it wouldn't matter. :P Do what you want. I personally just got tired of them. They're too loud and abrasive imo.
#6  May 31, 2018, 08:26:02 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Sounds good, I definitely want to check out what you
did with vans buffer system.

Your giving me a reason to finally put down my Saturn
and get back to mugen lol.
#7  May 31, 2018, 08:36:23 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I only messed with him a bit in practice, but not enough to test him fully.  I'll try a mirror fight to see the differences and I'll give arcade a shot as well, though I suck at that XP

My feedback is severely lacking, though, since I don't do arcade much (and I don't make my own stuff yet).  As I stated before, I suck at it XD

I'm sure others will be able to point out feedback/bugs better than me ><;

DW

#8  May 31, 2018, 08:49:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Sounds good, I definitely want to check out what you
did with vans buffer system.

Your giving me a reason to finally put down my Saturn
and get back to mugen lol.

All I did was just implemented it lol :P

I wish I had a Sega Saturn... :(

I only messed with him a bit in practice, but not enough to test him fully.  I'll try a mirror fight to see the differences and I'll give arcade a shot as well, though I suck at that XP

My feedback is severely lacking, though, since I don't do arcade much (and I don't make my own stuff yet).  As I stated before, I suck at it XD

I'm sure others will be able to point out feedback/bugs better than me ><;

The feedback is more from a player standpoint about how the system/controls feel. Not in regards to like the moves themselves or things of that regard. All of my chars are pretty set in stone now in terms of that. Maybe a tweak here or there, but that's not what I'm talking about. Bugs referring to the buffer system. As in if a move doesn't come out like you can't perform the command or something. Just let me know how he handles after some runs with him.
#9  May 31, 2018, 09:25:52 pm
    • Canada
The buffering system overall feels quite nice!
- Stringing lights together, jump in combos, and punishes are easier
- Somewhat large input window? (Might be me quickly inputting buttons since sometimes the negative edge gives me moves I didn't want.)

I'll probably update my characters after more feedback. Just a few questions:
- What's the current input buffer window? (# of frames)
- Assuming because it's a template, you won't add KFM's kick throw?
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects

DW

#10  May 31, 2018, 09:50:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The buffering system overall feels quite nice!
- Stringing lights together, jump in combos, and punishes are easier
- Somewhat large input window? (Might be me quickly inputting buttons since sometimes the negative edge gives me moves I didn't want.)

This is the feedback I'm looking for. I reduced the window from Vans' default value as I said, but I didn't want to be too strict. However, I personally too feel even with the reduction, the window may still be too large. I'll wait to get some other opinions on it before tweaking it though.

I'll probably update my characters after more feedback. Just a few questions:
- What's the current input buffer window? (# of frames)
- Assuming because it's a template, you won't add KFM's kick throw?

-Currently it's 8 frames. Vans' default value for the tutorial was 13. I may reduce this to somewhere between 4-6 frames, because the buffer is extremely effective. Just waiting for some more opinions.
-KFM never had a kick throw. :P If you want a guideline for it all, be sure to look over Vans tutorial first and foremost. Then you can look over Akuma once I update him. He'll have pretty much everything. Though it won't be until I get to Mai and Tia when I tackle rapid button presses and charge commands.
#11  May 31, 2018, 10:09:56 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Just curious, what is Skill Lock and "Camera KO Focus"? They sound very interesting.

lui

#12  May 31, 2018, 10:34:28 pm
    • USA
really digging the new changes to distance yourself from the rest of the "CvS"-ish characters nowadays, nice work.

everything feels smoother overall, haven't seen any really big issues yet
#13  May 31, 2018, 10:58:44 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Just curious, what is Skill Lock and "Camera KO Focus"? They sound very interesting.

As far as I know, I think Camera KO Focus is when you defeat the opponent, the camera centers itself on the winning fighter, but it has to be programmed into the fighter,as iflt won't center on the opponent that doesn't have that line of code.

Same happens with Infinite's characters when they win.
#14  May 31, 2018, 11:20:22 pm
I just tried KFM, normals feel good but chaining an EX move from a normal is the thing im having issues with( on keyboard)
Some times they just dont come out, sometimes the normal version comes out, maybe its me but I might as well report it.
Maybe its KFM's stickt cancel windows that I'm not used to.

Edit
As for the new  charging effect, the old one is much better in my humble opinion.
Most of us guys that use your stuff play it with the Jman and Pots stuff it would be nice to have the old effect back.

Edit again
With some playing time with KFM i am able to nail most of the combos but when I cancel into a hyper im just pressing DF DF and no punch button and he still goes into his level 1 hyper just by using the arrows.
If it was Rock, Mai, Skullo,Tia, Dame one of these I could have given a bit more feedback cause I use those guys on a much
 more regular basis.
Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:12:18 am by PeXXeR
#15  June 01, 2018, 01:13:31 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
My warusaki bias says that CvS hitsounds are the best hitsounds.  You could always include both CvS and CFJ hitsounds and have a config file choose between the two, but I don't know if you're willing to do all that effort for admittedly something rather minor.

DW

#16  June 01, 2018, 02:58:37 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Pretty much what Rarity said about the Camera Focus. As for the "Skill Lock": Chizuru has a super that negates her opponent from using special/supers when hit with it for a set duration. My chars will be compatible with Vans' Chizuru so that if she uses said super on them, their techs will be locked.

really digging the new changes to distance yourself from the rest of the "CvS"-ish characters nowadays, nice work.

everything feels smoother overall, haven't seen any really big issues yet

Thanks.

I just tried KFM, normals feel good but chaining an EX move from a normal is the thing im having issues with( on keyboard)
Some times they just dont come out, sometimes the normal version comes out, maybe its me but I might as well report it.
Maybe its KFM's stickt cancel windows that I'm not used to.

I just recently tried this and I can get it to work, but playing with a keyboard is just awkward in general. His windows are not strict currently, that's actually the problem. The command buffer may be too lenient, as a result, you'll get moves that you aren't trying to get because of it. As I said, still waiting on more opinions before I make any changes. Though thanks for the report.

Edit
As for the new  charging effect, the old one is much better in my humble opinion.
Most of us guys that use your stuff play it with the Jman and Pots stuff it would be nice to have the old effect back.

I'm pretty adamant about this, so let me say this: I kept things the way there were prior to this, due to my own laziness and passed it off as just "fitting" in with said authors' chars. I'm pass that now. However, while I respect your opinion, and appreciate everyone's support, I make chars for me and me alone. I just happen to share them with everyone else.

Consider this an opportunity for you to learn how to do some minor editing. If there is something wrong from a technical standpoint, I'll address it. Though if someone doesn't like the voice I used, or the VFX I use, or the Lv3 portrait, etc., that's cool. Though I'm not going to change it to appease to anyone. No config stuff, no middle ground. Feel free to edit as you see fit.

Edit again
With some playing time with KFM i am able to nail most of the combos but when I cancel into a hyper im just pressing DF DF and no punch button and he still goes into his level 1 hyper just by using the arrows.
If it was Rock, Mai, Skullo,Tia, Dame one of these I could have given a bit more feedback cause I use those guys on a much
 more regular basis.

This is once again the fault of leniency with the buffering window. The negative edge is still registering the attack input. Thanks for the feedback.

My warusaki bias says that CvS hitsounds are the best hitsounds.  You could always include both CvS and CFJ hitsounds and have a config file choose between the two, but I don't know if you're willing to do all that effort for admittedly something rather minor.

Nah, not at all.
#17  June 01, 2018, 03:27:41 am
I understand DW, swapping out the effects  is not gonna be an issue, its just my 2 cents on the matter.
Gonna test the updates as they come and give feedback if I have any. Thanks

Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:02:12 am by PeXXeR
#18  June 01, 2018, 03:49:07 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Just a small nitpick: isn't he supposed to do the "pretty face" intro against himself as well as other KFMs and ladies?

DW

#19  June 01, 2018, 04:13:48 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Just a small nitpick: isn't he supposed to do the "pretty face" intro against himself as well as other KFMs and ladies?

Um no... It's a vs females intro only. Like how Benimaru blows a kiss to them. He's not supposed to do it against himself.

Alright, so I recently just made a tweak to the buffering system. I figure maybe it's not the commands, but the negative edge window was too large. So, I reduced it. Feels better on my end. Though please test and let me know.

@PeXXeR:

This should(in theory) make it feel more like you're accustomed to prior to the buffer system. So let me know please.
#20  June 01, 2018, 06:43:40 pm
    • Canada
Tried it with the new negative edge window and I guess it felt better since I didn't get accidental shoulders when I wanted a palm during light strings.

Current Project: ????? ???
Projects