YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 484259 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Akuma
#41  June 04, 2018, 12:28:57 pm
  • I love the Air combos!!
    • USA
    • brodneyflue@yahoo.com
There seems to be a cloning issue in these updates.
Edit: Never mind, I fixed it
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:58:52 pm by Myron32x

DW

#42  June 04, 2018, 04:52:32 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, thank you nonetheless ^..^

Oh, small thing: the alternate small ports for Akuma aren't properly indexed to the palette.

They are, they're just mapped to his color separation template. I should have just took them out of his SFF and put them in the Extra folder, but I was lazy, and just left them as is.

There seems to be a cloning issue in these updates.
Edit: Never mind, I fixed it

I need to know the context of this. By saying you "fixed it", I'm going to assume that it's something you tried to edit, though didn't know what you were doing. If this happened w/o you doing any editing of any kind, then give me context.

That stuff aside, I've recently updated KFM with the same buffer tweaks I did with Akuma. I also changed the frame window back to 8 and am going to stick with that value. After numerous runs/tests myself, 8 feels like the nice middle ground for not being too strict, though not being too large either. Expect Athena within a couple days.
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:52:59 pm by "Playoff" DW
#43  June 04, 2018, 07:37:57 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
When I used the small port 9000,93 (I believe) as 9000,0 the colors for the port broke ^..^;;;
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Kung Fu Man
#44  June 05, 2018, 07:39:47 am
I wouldn't know. Though honestly, I felt 10 was a tad much. I feel like 8 is too much honestly, but I gotta think of everyone else. So, I went with 9 frames. I also tweaked the way I handle the buffering in the CMD and reduced the button buffer by 1. I was supposed to release Akuma yesterday, but I ended up tweaking and testing him for the better half of that day. And so, Akuma has been updated now. Next is Athena. Before I update KFM though. I'll leave him as is so people can compare the two.
I wonder since you are updating Athena, will you be implementing the Vansflector system to her? http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/tutorial-%E9%A3%9B%E3%81%B3%E9%81%93%E5%85%B7%E3%82%92%E8%B7%B3%E3%81%AD%E8%BF%94%E3%81%97%E6%96%B9%E6%B3%95-projectile-reflection-178433.0.html

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

DW

#45  June 05, 2018, 05:21:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
When I used the small port 9000,93 (I believe) as 9000,0 the colors for the port broke ^..^;;;

That's what I'm saying. You can't just put it there w/o applying the correct pal. You have to add his CS pal first to the list and apply it to that. Then it will share properly with his sprites.

I wonder since you are updating Athena, will you be implementing the Vansflector system to her? http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/tutorial-%E9%A3%9B%E3%81%B3%E9%81%93%E5%85%B7%E3%82%92%E8%B7%B3%E3%81%AD%E8%BF%94%E3%81%97%E6%96%B9%E6%B3%95-projectile-reflection-178433.0.html

I thought about it, but he hasn't put up the 2nd part yet... The real reason is that this would only work with chars who have this applied to them. It's not universal. So still, 99% of chars would default to the general way I have it applied now. The buffering system is more useful for me in the grand scheme, that's why I'm applying it. It also doesn't need anything from anyone else's code to work properly. One last thing... Messing with Vans' stuff is like going to Mugen "advanced calculus" class. JZ and Vans helped me out a LOT with applying this buffer.

It's starting to cross the line from hobby, to dedicated "homework" at this point. :P I won't rule it out, but not at this particular juncture, no. It's been months since I coded anything for Mugen. Let me ease back into all of it first lol. 
#46  June 05, 2018, 07:23:27 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ah, understood now.  I didn't get it before, sorry ^..^;
#47  June 07, 2018, 01:17:09 am
hey just a thought here. whenever you update jill think its possible to add her crow and zombie moves that warusaki3 jill has?

DW

#48  June 12, 2018, 05:24:46 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nah.

I do plan to give her chain combo abilities like Psy/Hiryu/Morrigan/Lilith though. Also thinking of making her grenade launcher unblock-able for airborne foes, to make it more useful. IDK though... It may be too much of a buff for them?

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Athena
#49  June 13, 2018, 06:09:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Athena has been updated. I'll also now update the OP with the char specific stuff. Blair will be next.
#50  June 14, 2018, 02:02:33 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So when will there be more optional animations for your characters, Wolf? You know what I mean : 3 (and not THOSE kinds of animations...for those who are thinking nasty things...).

DW

#51  June 14, 2018, 03:14:27 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't have any shocks, but I do have MBs for all my chars now. Just added KFM's. When I get around to Skullo, Rock, and Tia, they'll have it. Got one for Hiryu when I started him, though since Girard has abandoned all that/Uncle is too busy, it's up to me? I'm not 100% how I can go about applying it to his SFF/updating it to include the MB. My CS abilities are pretty limited. I'll try and figure it out though. I'm not really sure what else you expect me to add. :P MBs for everyone was my only goal in terms of optional stuff.
#52  June 14, 2018, 05:49:14 pm
    • USA
Huh. Thought I gave you one for Psylocke waaaaay back when, and for someone else. *Thinks* Though quite curious as to what Tia's Midnight Bliss will look like. : o

Nah, that's just me messing around, because I'm used to talking about the "holy trinity" of optional animations that my (dead) project's about, ya know? ^^;

DW

#53  June 15, 2018, 03:37:59 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I kinda remember seeing a shock for Psy, but vaguely. :-\ I've never been a fan of the bloating stuff from Jedah, so I don't care about that. Don't really care about shock either, but if someone does one for any of my chars that doesn't have it, I'd add it. I went the extra mile and eventually got the MB for everyone though.

Tia's MB is best labeled as "the morning after". In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the exact thing I said to Sean for it. Basically, it's her wearing nothing but an open button shirt, panties, and socks. For how it is currently, it's fine. Though I may get it tweaked a bit. Especially when I commission her CvS set.
#54  June 15, 2018, 03:47:40 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Tia's getting a sprite overhaul?  Sweet! ^..^
#55  June 15, 2018, 04:32:02 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Bloating stuff?  I thought the trinity was burned, shocked, and MB.

lui

#56  June 15, 2018, 04:49:49 am
    • USA
jedah has a move where he bloats up a specific part of the character before they explode. they vary between  characters
#57  June 15, 2018, 04:55:31 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I know about Jedah, I edited one.  I was just mistaken about what made up Xenomic's trinity because burned is more universal.
#58  June 15, 2018, 12:33:56 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I had Delusion make one a whiiiiile back, I can toss it to you if you still want it? It was an update to her old shock that was....very old. ^^;

Well, I DID refer to my "dead project", which was originally Midnight Bliss and Shock, but added in Sangue=Passare later on. It rarely ever saw Burned. ^^;;

DW

#59  June 18, 2018, 01:15:29 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Tia's getting a sprite overhaul?  Sweet! ^..^

Yeah, though it won't be anytime soon. I actually plan on doing that for everyone of my chars that don't have a CvS set. Aside from KFM, KFG, Psylocke, and Yuka. I'm not sure if I will reach that goal, but I'm sure I will get Tia overhauled.

Yeah, I had Delusion make one a whiiiiile back, I can toss it to you if you still want it? It was an update to her old shock that was....very old. ^^;

Sure. Whenever you can is fine.
#60  June 18, 2018, 12:42:37 pm
    • USA

Not color separated, mind you, but it should still be usable? ^^;