YesNoOk

CVS Decapre (ver 1.43) - Updated 14.2.2021 (Read 65670 times)

Started by tJun, June 27, 2020, 08:55:56 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.22) Updated 28.6.2020
#21  June 29, 2020, 04:46:21 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-I understand what you mean. Regarding the clsns, most of them are from based on another character that I used as a base and I'm not particularly concerned with them as I don't see this issue affecting gameplay. But I will try to fix the grossly inaccurate ones as much as I can detect.

It does affect gameplay, when it comes to her gethits. Combo attacks and all can whiff unfairly against her, because your clsns lack synergy. The clsns shouldn't change between those animations for that very reason. There's not a giant problem here, but it's something you should grow accustom to moving forward. It's actually easier to do it the way I'm saying. You simply just copy the values of the clsns in any text script, and reapply the same values where they apply.

Maybe I'll do it for you real quick as it wouldn't take much effort. Hopefully you'll see what I mean once I have.

-For the fx, I admit some are hi-res and some are not. However I am no spriter and I cannot produce the hi-res fx that I desire sometimes. Therefore I resorted to using what I can find from other characters. This is something I hope to change but it's quite difficult with my limited skills, unless someone offers to help make them.

I didn't mean you specifically. I can't hi res FX either. Though I'm sure all the FX you're using that isn't hi res, is hi res'd in other chars. Like the P.Crusher FX is in PotS' M.Bison. You could just take the FX from other chars and apply. Or, you could ask someone.

-Since I am using waru's template, most likely the grab problem will be the same. I know some of his code and system may be not be perfect, probably obsolete in current standards. But this most likely require full re-coding, which I may not be able to work on with my capabilities plus I am not really good in coding. But I appreciate your input on this.

Bruh... Just shrink the hitbox so it doesn't go behind her. It's not difficult. :-\ If the hitbox doesn't expand behind her, she can't grab opponents behind her.

-I will fix the pal issue on her winpose and others if I can find. I would appreciate as many help as I can get on this.

While looking over her various pals, it appears she already has good options color wise. I'll look more in depth tho. Fixing the pal issues is simple enough. I'll see about fixing them whenever I muster up the strength. :P

-The groove removal patch is old and still works. I started working on this character quite a long time ago and it was abandoned until I decided to complete her. I didn't really intend to provide a non-groove version but since many preferred it, so I provide it in the link. I don't think this would be a priority for me to make a patch now. But if you can provide it, I would be thankful.

Alright: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4xirjsp0h5j5cl/cvsdecapre_2.rar/file

This removes all the CvS system stuff and annoucer. While allowing the player to still choose their groove. All you have to do is nullify(null) the helpers that do this. Look it over so you can see how to do it for yourself for possible future works. Scroll to the bottom of it, and look for all the helper stuff related to the system. You'll see I made it all read "type = null;helper". Those are the ones.

Btw, if you are interested to make Decapre, feel free to use anything from this character. I'm sure you will create a much better one.   :grin3:

I'm not interested, as I barely made Juli lol. BTW, nice with the special intro added, as subtle as it is, they do pair up. :) I don't mind helping you improve her however. Which isn't much, just fine tuning. You did a good job.

-I tried it out and figured that the problem is mainly due to Omega Zero's "Opponent Collapse state" (State 825). That state may not be compatible for certain characters such as mine. You can just tweak a little bit of your triggers and it should work. But I can adjust my character and it should work.

I'm not 100% certain on how Ducks coded said state, I'd imagine it redirects to p2's collapse state if they have one. If not, it'll use it's own. I believe the problem may be for your collapsed state, it has indefinite time for the last frame(-1). You should make the last frame loop instead, with timing. So, give it 1 tick and have it loop on the last frame.
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.22) Updated 28.6.2020
#22  June 29, 2020, 05:30:42 pm
  • xxxxx
CVS Decapre Version 1.3 released
*Download link for character updated*

Minor updates for now.
Next major update may not be any time soon as I will be busy with work.

It does affect gameplay, when it comes to her gethits. Combo attacks and all can whiff unfairly against her, because your clsns lack synergy. The clsns shouldn't change between those animations for that very reason. There's not a giant problem here, but it's something you should grow accustom to moving forward. It's actually easier to do it the way I'm saying. You simply just copy the values of the clsns in any text script, and reapply the same values where they apply.

Maybe I'll do it for you real quick as it wouldn't take much effort. Hopefully you'll see what I mean once I have.

I didn't mean you specifically. I can't hi res FX either. Though I'm sure all the FX you're using that isn't hi res, is hi res'd in other chars. Like the P.Crusher FX is in PotS' M.Bison. You could just take the FX from other chars and apply. Or, you could ask someone.

Bruh... Just shrink the hitbox so it doesn't go behind her. It's not difficult. :-\ If the hitbox doesn't expand behind her, she can't grab opponents behind her.

While looking over her various pals, it appears she already has good options color wise. I'll look more in depth tho. Fixing the pal issues is simple enough. I'll see about fixing them whenever I muster up the strength. :P

Alright: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4xirjsp0h5j5cl/cvsdecapre_2.rar/file

This removes all the CvS system stuff and annoucer. While allowing the player to still choose their groove. All you have to do is nullify(null) the helpers that do this. Look it over so you can see how to do it for yourself for possible future works. Scroll to the bottom of it, and look for all the helper stuff related to the system. You'll see I made it all read "type = null;helper". Those are the ones.

I'm not interested, as I barely made Juli lol. BTW, nice with the special intro added, as subtle as it is, they do pair up. :) I don't mind helping you improve her however. Which isn't much, just fine tuning. You did a good job.

I'm not 100% certain on how Ducks coded said state, I'd imagine it redirects to p2's collapse state if they have one. If not, it'll use it's own. I believe the problem may be for your collapsed state, it has indefinite time for the last frame(-1). You should make the last frame loop instead, with timing. So, give it 1 tick and have it loop on the last frame.

Thank you very much for your advice and help. And thanks for the CVS system and announcer removal patch. I should be able to do it once I take a deeper look into it. I will probably take some time to work on the next update.. since I have to adjust the clns, grabs and fx (which need to be shared palette). Btw, I didn't know you made Juli. I will download and try it out someday. And I really like your Psylocke too. You are amazing!!
Regarding Ducks Omega Zero, it does change P2 state to state 825 using anim 5950. But my character gets stuck in state 825 and not change to gethit state 5110 because of the trigger animelem = 9 which is invalid for my character (which only has maximum animelem = 8). Anyway, i just added another element to my anim 5950 and it worked.
Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:33:14 pm by tJun
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.3) Updated 29.6.2020
#23  June 30, 2020, 02:42:38 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
With more updates, this character starts to look and feel even better each time. She's definitely become one of my favorites to play as in my roster. There's still that input with Psycho Sting becoming Rapid Dagger sometimes though, still not sure what's up with that... If I may, I'd also like to make a bit of a suggestion about changing up Strafe Dagger a bit to stop it feeling so samey, and I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries with this: Level 1 Strafe Dagger is fine as it is, as essentially the basic variant of the super. Level 2 version could hit six times, keeping the opponent standing until the last hit, which could be her crouching heavy punch, and the Level 3 variant can hit ten times, with the last three strikes being her close heavy punch followed by a Psycho Sting, which would knock the opponent back, as well..

I mainly suggest this because I remember variants of the supers in Capcom vs SNK 2 being different enough with each level, and this could also make it a bit more accurate to how the super looked in SFIV. If I'm being a bit much or otherwise overstepping boundaries, then feel free to ignore this ^^;
#24  June 30, 2020, 03:50:48 pm
  • xxxxx
With more updates, this character starts to look and feel even better each time. She's definitely become one of my favorites to play as in my roster. There's still that input with Psycho Sting becoming Rapid Dagger sometimes though, still not sure what's up with that... If I may, I'd also like to make a bit of a suggestion about changing up Strafe Dagger a bit to stop it feeling so samey, and I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries with this: Level 1 Strafe Dagger is fine as it is, as essentially the basic variant of the super. Level 2 version could hit six times, keeping the opponent standing until the last hit, which could be her crouching heavy punch, and the Level 3 variant can hit ten times, with the last three strikes being her close heavy punch followed by a Psycho Sting, which would knock the opponent back, as well..

I mainly suggest this because I remember variants of the supers in Capcom vs SNK 2 being different enough with each level, and this could also make it a bit more accurate to how the super looked in SFIV. If I'm being a bit much or otherwise overstepping boundaries, then feel free to ignore this ^^;

There's a mistake in one of the commands. I will fix it in the next update. If you cannot wait, just change this command in the cmd file :

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For Strafe Dagger super, I know its a bit different from USFIV as it doesn't have the finishing attack with her psycho daggers. This mainly due to lack of sprites. I really appreciate your ideas but I feel that her current attack sprites are not so fitting for it. So far I am OK with the super with as it is, simple but effective. But who knows I might change it in the future.
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:57:21 pm by tJun
#25  July 01, 2020, 07:31:02 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Applied the command fix and it's great now, thanks. As far as Strafe Dagger, while I personally think the ideas would be a good middle ground for the super and wouldn't require any additional spriting, I can understand why you think that and respect your decision. I do like some of the other flavor compromises, like making DCM a Raging Demon type move.
#26  July 06, 2020, 04:56:30 am
    • Peru
Hello tJun.

I prefer the "No charge" version. Thank you for this character. I´ll be waiting for the next update.
#27  July 07, 2020, 10:55:23 pm
    • China
Your decapre is very good!!
I enjoy always.Amazing character!

-Scramble medium and strong versions are the opposite of the original USF4.
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.4) - Updated 19.7.2020
#28  July 19, 2020, 11:47:31 am
  • xxxxx
CVS Decapre (Version 1.4) - Updated 19.7.2020

-Fixed bugs, optimized hitboxes, upgraded hi-res fx and rectified palette issues. Added new palettes too .
Thank you to everybody for the feedback.

*Download link for character updated*

Hello tJun.

I prefer the "No charge" version. Thank you for this character. I´ll be waiting for the next update.
Thanks. Please check out the link for the updated version.

Your decapre is very good!!
I enjoy always.Amazing character!

-Scramble medium and strong versions are the opposite of the original USF4.
Thank you. It has been fixed.

Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:29:21 pm by tJun
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.4) - Updated 19.7.2020
#29  July 19, 2020, 11:48:05 pm
    • Peru
Hello tJun

First of all, thank you again for made this character, I love it. I believe that there are great improvements in this update but, I found this detail while I was testing the character:

Sometimes she doesn´t hit the opponent with that kick.

Thank you again my friend, really good work.
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.41) - Updated 20.7.2020
#30  July 20, 2020, 05:36:40 pm
  • xxxxx
CVS Decapre - Updated 20.7.2020 (Version 1.42)

*Download link for character updated in the first post*

Very minor but necessary update. Some hitbox issues were resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please re-download if you have previously updated to version 1.41 (wrong palette issue).  :sweatdrop:

I found this detail while I was testing the character:

Sometimes she doesn´t hit the opponent with that kick.

Thank you again my friend, really good work.

Thank you Charles_2011 for the feedback.

Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:40:02 pm by tJun
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.43) - Updated 14.2.2021
#31  February 14, 2021, 03:02:33 pm
  • xxxxx
CVS Decapre updated to version 1.43.
Minor updates.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: CVS Decapre (ver 1.43) - Updated 14.2.2021
#32  February 14, 2021, 04:19:00 pm
    • Peru
Hello Tjun.

Thank you for this, I really like this version of Decapre, It´s one of my favorites characters. I hope that you can bring more characters in this style.