YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 378096 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#21  February 14, 2015, 09:44:53 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I'll continue waiting for console versions, but damn all of that are really gorgeous! :D
#22  February 14, 2015, 10:26:33 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Really though Y'shtola is such a forced representative. Out of all the main characters and maybe even among the Scions she has very little involvement in the plot. The Conjurer class is also one of the least flashy jobs in the game. Thancred, Alphinaud or even Louisoix would have been better reps. Hell Cid would be awesome too. He wields a gunblade and rides a Magitek armor.

It's Shantotto all over again. At least this means Gaius is a shoe-in.

I don't believe Alphinaud would work all that well(not that deep into post game storyline so don't spoil me) and Louisoix would be just as good of a choice.

If it was me personally, I would either have picked Yda or The Admiral surprisingly(I cannot even type her name correctly but her gunslinger style can work pretty well like a less diverse but more in your face version of Laguna's) but yeah, there's no way in hell Gaius isn't gonna be representing the evil side for XIV, he's just too damn memorable.

Otherwise, I do want Seymour as an actual villain for the X side(Jecht is more tweener and even that's pushing it and with Yuna as a playable character now, there's zero excuse) and well...XIII is gonna have to be Caius, otherwise there will be some people who would be pissed off over how much XIII-2 glorified him.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

SNT

#23  February 15, 2015, 12:18:37 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
If there are any further adds to the roster that aren't returning characters, I think Duodecim set the trend for who makes it in; either they'd be from a game no older than FF7, or they'd be EXTREMELY popular.

As for who I want, I'd rather see gaps in playstyles and archetypes get filled before worrying about equal representation of games. Kain's good, but there's room for a heavier, more magic based dragoon like Freya. Also the game needs a blue mage, and having a ropedart/whip weapon makes Quistis pretty unique amongst FF characters.
#24  February 15, 2015, 01:26:56 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I really hope they bring more pre-FFVIII characters and maybe some Tactics characters too.
#25  February 15, 2015, 01:43:49 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If there are any further adds to the roster that aren't returning characters, I think Duodecim set the trend for who makes it in; either they'd be from a game no older than FF7, or they'd be EXTREMELY popular.

I think if they want to go for old, they'd start from Final Fantasy 5, I mean Gilgamesh and Kefka are pretty damn well-received by lots.

I really hope they bring more pre-FFVIII characters and maybe some Tactics characters too.

I'm rooting for the appearance of Vincent, Cait Sith, and Ramza. :D
This is a generic forum signature.

SNT

#26  February 15, 2015, 04:14:18 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I think if they want to go for old, they'd start from Final Fantasy 5, I mean Gilgamesh and Kefka are pretty damn well-received by lots.
Like I said, they'd have to be extremely popular. Gilgamesh, Kefka and Kain are that popular, but it's a much harder sell for most other older games.
#27  February 16, 2015, 06:09:56 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Really though Y'shtola is such a forced representative. Out of all the main characters and maybe even among the Scions she has very little involvement in the plot. The Conjurer class is also one of the least flashy jobs in the game. Thancred, Alphinaud or even Louisoix would have been better reps. Hell Cid would be awesome too. He wields a gunblade and rides a Magitek armor.

It's Shantotto all over again. At least this means Gaius is a shoe-in.
I'd say lahabreaha(sp) is more of her polar opposite even if he's more in the god class tier.
#28  February 16, 2015, 03:07:33 pm
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
Ive always wanted to play the dissidia series but i was never able too since ive never had a psp... i really hope this comes out at least on ps3, theyll take my money righ away! Playing as Cecil in this games has been always a dream hoping to come true some day for me...

Cecil? Tidus is where it's at son. I've played the first Dissidia, and it was awesome.
#29  February 16, 2015, 07:05:44 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cecil IS in Dissidia,he just is locked so you need to buy him (well,locked in 012 duo-decim)
I always liked playing as WoL though as he was mostly physical and was easier to control than Jecht was

On an unrelated note,fuck mages in this game

SNT

#30  February 16, 2015, 09:05:44 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#31  April 10, 2015, 12:31:13 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade-developed-team-ninja-uses-ps4-core-system

The new Dissidia Final Fantasy announced for arcades in February is being developed by Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja using PlayStation 4 as its core system, Square Enix announced at its Dissidia Final Fantasy Closed Conference today.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Atsushi Morita took the stage during the event, adding that he wants to bring the game to home consoles and is in discussions with Square Enix to do so. But Square Enix producer Ichiro Hazama said that the game will be arcade-exclusive for at least one year before it’s ported.

The game’s arcade cabinet was revealed. It uses twin sticks with the four PlayStation buttons for movement and actions. A live demonstration was given on stage, running on PlayStation 4 hardware at 60 frames per second.

Also:

Wow..they remember Final Fantasy Tactics? Seems Ramza got confirmed.

Nice..very Nice.

#32  April 10, 2015, 12:34:39 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!T!T!@#@!@!1!!!

Also they say the game will have around 50 characters.

Also also pls. pls. pleeaaaassee put this on PS3. I don't even care if it's 30fps.
#33  April 10, 2015, 12:40:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
On PS3? You Sick Old Marmelade Grandpa!

The game won't be released for consoles before 2016 anyway, jump on current gen already!
#34  April 10, 2015, 12:41:56 pm
Ramza
Holy shit \o/

The arcade exclusivity for a year + regular balance updates sound like they're thinking of treating this like a typical fighting game, that's new.
The portraits on the screenshots are odd, between Tina's and Cloud's, I guess they're identical to the actual character's model, but Tina's seem much more Amano-ish - I don't like it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#35  April 10, 2015, 01:23:49 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I suppose it would be too much to hope for it to reach the One?  I'd really like to give this a try.
#36  April 10, 2015, 01:55:41 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
If anything,it will come to the PS4 or vita.
Xbox One is a horrible choice if you want to play japanese vidya
#37  April 10, 2015, 02:47:29 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
....is that a dualshock cut in half
#38  April 10, 2015, 06:07:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I hope they cheat and don't sue a core ps4 but rather something modified like what was done in ps1 times.
#39  April 11, 2015, 12:46:38 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
If anything,it will come to the PS4 or vita.
Xbox One is a horrible choice if you want to play japanese vidya
Unfortunately, that is the case currently.  I just like to try to be hopeful with XIII, XV and KHIII being on Xbox.  And to not have to buy another console just to play this.  Because I really would like to play this with a few friends. :(

SNT

#40  April 11, 2015, 03:02:29 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
50 chars? Nice. With Ramza and whatever the catgirl's called that leaves 17 on top of the Duodecim roster.