YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1286595 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#341  June 23, 2021, 12:24:11 pm
My mom has been vaccinated, my granddad once, cause he got the Covid before.
Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:37:33 pm by GTAguy
#342  June 23, 2021, 02:11:40 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'm 37, fully vaccinated 2 weeks ago. I'm having some problems now(went to emergencies), and still making tests, so it may or may not related to AZ.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#343  June 23, 2021, 03:55:36 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
I vaccinated with the first one (Sinovac) so I just got a headache for 30 minutes but I'm ok now. I recommend people before going to vaccinate eat  lot of fruits to have better defense in your body for at least 2 months.
Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:05:18 pm by yaret
#344  June 25, 2021, 06:31:19 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
not good in my country indonesia... in my neighborhood roads are being closed again, yet around town young people are sitting around park benches in groups playing mobile phone without mask,. I suspect they want to get infected and be done with it perhaps.
I hope this Delta type would be too lethal and thus become their own undoing, I hope in the long run it will self contain its spreading power when every victim feels ill or dies so fast before they can be passed onto another person, rather than the milder asymptomatic variants that came before.
#345  June 26, 2021, 09:26:24 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I'm 37, fully vaccinated 2 weeks ago. I'm having some problems now(went to emergencies), and still making tests, so it may or may not related to AZ.

Hope it's nothing serious, but if you got vaccinated just two weeks ago, it's likely these are the side effects of the vaccine. It took me 3 weeks to feel the aftereffects of my vaccine.

Vaccines take about 28 days to get the max resistance effectiveness.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#346  July 24, 2021, 03:47:07 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Got fully vaccinated yesterday. Had gotten the first dose around a month ago... And about a week after that, I got the virus. Yes, even after having a mild case before, and with less than a week with the first dose.

It hit me hard. Really hard.

10 days of a non-stop fever that wouldn't go away, diarrhea, and a cough that still doesn't entirely go away. Fucking scary, I tell ya. I still feel weak from time to time, and this has been the closest I got to a hospital in a long time.

This shit ain't a normal flu.

The good side of this? It's given me some perspective on things... I'm kinda zen right now; man I used to worry about some stupid things.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#347  July 24, 2021, 01:28:05 pm
maan my country is on the spotlight right now, I would get my second shot around this date next month, I seriously worry how I would go there, standing in probably infected crowd (for hours on end)  get into small chamber that has been used and never sterilized inbetween by hundreds of people to get my shot, lingering around among other people who has been vaccined for about 30 minutes to screen out worrisome after effect since it is Astra zeneca...
and NOT to get the fucking live virus instead...  :yuno:
#348  July 26, 2021, 01:09:52 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Got fully vaccinated yesterday. Had gotten the first dose around a month ago... And about a week after that, I got the virus. Yes, even after having a mild case before, and with less than a week with the first dose.

It hit me hard. Really hard.

10 days of a non-stop fever that wouldn't go away, diarrhea, and a cough that still doesn't entirely go away. Fucking scary, I tell ya. I still feel weak from time to time, and this has been the closest I got to a hospital in a long time.

This shit ain't a normal flu.

The good side of this? It's given me some perspective on things... I'm kinda zen right now; man I used to worry about some stupid things.

When vaccinated, you must wait 3 to 4 weeks for the vaccine to have its maximum defenses applied. One week will have limited effectiveness until the process is completed.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 01:44:30 am by Handmaiden of the Seascape
#349  July 26, 2021, 02:46:21 am
Yes, I know... Right now I'm taking a ton care for another couple more weeks, so I have full immunity.

This thing will not stop until a higher % of people in Africa are vaccinated, though. New strains will keep showing up.
#350  August 23, 2021, 01:32:34 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Got my first shot of Pfizer. I would've have wanted to wait it out and receive Johnson and Johnson's vaccine but a paranoid family member kept nagging and nagging and nagging to the point I didn't care anymore which vaccine (even the questionable CCP one) my district will be giving out. It was so annoying that even when saying I already registered online this paranoid family member keeps giving absurd reasons and solutions like "Oh, that's gonna take a long time. Get re-registered for vaccination in the village."

2nd day was worst. Feels as if I'm about to almost get a fever with the injection site feeling swollen. Waking up slightly dizzy. Decided to go to the nearest 7-11 for some orange juice. Walking it off for a few minutes actually helped.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#351  August 26, 2021, 04:45:26 pm
second day after 2nd astrazeneca shot, I was fine yesterday, today I feel muscle sore and a bit of diarrhea, perhaps slight fever too, oh well.
#352  September 04, 2021, 10:31:29 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I've been fully vaxxed myself since the 23rd of August. No effects from the second dose until the night after. All day I was incredibly tired, headache, and a slight fever. That night, however, I had violent vomiting for about 3 hours >..< but the next morning I was nearly 100% better.

Hit me like a stomach virus does.

Even though I had a pretty horrid reaction to the final shot, that doesn't mean everyone will. Get the vaccine!

I got Moderna, btw.
#353  September 11, 2021, 11:18:39 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Got pfizer 2 weeks ago. Sore arm for 3 days. Nothing else. Second dose end of this month. Apparently second is worse. Will see how that goes.

Right now the vaccine roll out is the only thing my govt has messed up in that its been slow. Still we've hit a good portion of the country with 1 dose now at least.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#354  October 08, 2021, 04:45:06 am
seems like soon we have medicine for this, and in my country life is slowly turning back to usual just with mask on.
#355  October 08, 2021, 04:38:48 pm
  • SNK is life
The thing is starting to affect the company I work for, with some breakthrough cases on vaccinated people.

Apparently people of lower income are being disproportionately affected because they have poor health due to obesity (Poor food habits are correlated with less education -> Diabetes). Some operational key players or their immediate families are affected by COVID, so they need to take time off to take care of them in what could be their last moments  :anxious:
#356  October 08, 2021, 11:53:57 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
2nd pfizer is done. 5 days of sore arm. No other symptoms. Probable booster shot in the offing. NZ has got delta embedded now. So masks everywhere and more contact tracing. Previously it was just BAU for everyone. Not any more. Bit annoying but whatever.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#357  December 07, 2021, 08:05:36 pm
Things had been pretty normal in my town for the last month. Shops opening, cinemas showing new movies, bars and clubs. People at the pool, the summer sun.

Until... I had a fever the other week. My g/f too; had to take her to the hospital. I got tested but just in case I cancelled any trips, warned every person I had seen. And I got shit scared considering how bad it was the last time I had COVID.

A couple days later; BAM! Omicron officially hits my town.

But... My girlfriend had just been given the third dose of her vaccine; Astrazeneca. It hit her like a truck. And I just had a normal flu. So... No COVID at home, for now. It was one hell of a scare, though.

And most of all, it was a reminder: the pandemic is not over. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Get vaccinated and tested. Wear a mask. Try to do holiday meetings outside.
#358  December 27, 2021, 12:29:47 am
i got my 3rd shot (booster) on xmas eve.
I got no side effect this time
stay safe everyone keep your mask in crowded public places
#359  December 28, 2021, 03:24:50 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Still waiting on boosters where I live, but people like me won't be getting them right away, since I'm 33. Hell, my elderly uncle (mid-late 60s) isn't able to get the booster yet.
#360  January 10, 2022, 03:39:45 pm
It's official, i got COVID and had no smell and taste for 6 days. My folks got some too and now my dad is in the hospital. Now just spending home doing stuff. Whatever you do, be careful and wear a mask while outside.