YesNoOk

Internal and Parameter suggestions (Read 10375 times)

Started by stephen, May 24, 2009, 01:46:23 am
Share this topic:
Internal and Parameter suggestions
#1  May 24, 2009, 01:46:23 am
Hello Sakirsoft
This is my first time writing so sorry for my typo and grammars.

Suggestion 1
Internally combine Explod and Projectile to Helper:
1. I found Explods and Projectiles are actually simple version of Helpers with fewer parameters
2. People use the most are Helpers, as Explods and Projectiles are too lacking. For example, Explods and Projectiles cannot have sub-objects while Helpers can have Explods and Projectiles.
Therefore it would be simpler if there is only 1 kind of object - Helper, taking all parameters from Explod, Projectile and Helper. For compatability keep "Explod" and "Projectile" as the alternative name of "Helpler".

Suggestion 2
Y Vel of the followings:
AirJump.Neu
AirJump.Back
AirJump.Fwd

Jump.Neu
Jump.Back
Jump.Fwd

It seems Mugen combined them into only one Y Vel. Both Back and Fwd take the same Y Vel. Indeed there are cases Neu, Back and Fwd need to take individual X and Y Vel.

Suggestion 3
It would be best if all system-wide constants can be created by following a pattern of rules defined in CNS, instead of only a few preset constants:
Air.Jump.Neu
Air.Dash.Fwd
Air.Walk.Fwd (Characters which can fly)
Ground.Run.Fwd
UnderGround.Walk.Fwd (sub-marine characters)

Suggestion 4
I see mugen has an intention of making 3D by adding X, Y and Z Vel. My opinion for Z Vel is: Put it aside as an extra project after ShugenDo is stable.

Please point me wrong for any knowing about mugen's internal structure. I think of the above when I modify a Character downloaded from internet for learning.

My last suggestion(experience) is: Programming is a long journey and health and fun are more important.

Thankyou for writing a great successor for mugen as next generation game engine.

Stephen
Re: Internal and Parameter suggestions
#2  May 25, 2009, 10:40:55 am
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Suggestion 1
Internally combine Explod and Projectile to Helper:
1. I found Explods and Projectiles are actually simple version of Helpers with fewer parameters
2. People use the most are Helpers, as Explods and Projectiles are too lacking. For example, Explods and Projectiles cannot have sub-objects while Helpers can have Explods and Projectiles.
Therefore it would be simpler if there is only 1 kind of object - Helper, taking all parameters from Explod, Projectile and Helper. For compatability keep "Explod" and "Projectile" as the alternative name of "Helpler".

I see what you mean. But making one single object with all params of explod+projectile+helper would make this object too complicated.
Helper are mainly used for making nice looking special FX. I see the need of an unified object which should be scriptable.
I have to think about it.

Suggestion 2
Y Vel of the followings:
AirJump.Neu
AirJump.Back
AirJump.Fwd

Jump.Neu
Jump.Back
Jump.Fwd

This is a good one. For compatibilty reason it will currently stay like it is in mugen.
But it will be change in the future.

Suggestion 3
It would be best if all system-wide constants can be created by following a pattern of rules defined in CNS, instead of only a few preset constants:
Air.Jump.Neu
Air.Dash.Fwd
Air.Walk.Fwd (Characters which can fly)
Ground.Run.Fwd
UnderGround.Walk.Fwd (sub-marine characters)

Ok you mean it would be good to have names constans. So you could use those var with a trigger like ConstVarFloat( "Air.Jump.Neu" )
Would increase the readablity of cns files. Yeah named vars/consts are a must have.

Suggestion 4
I see mugen has an intention of making 3D by adding X, Y and Z Vel. My opinion for Z Vel is: Put it aside as an extra project after ShugenDo is stable.

I already abond it. ShugenDo ignores the Z value.
I will think of it when i am working on ShugenDo force mode.

My last suggestion(experience) is: Programming is a long journey and health and fun are more important.

One of the best suggestion i ever received. Don't worry i have a life beside ShugenDo and care about it.
Yeah its very importent to keep every aspect in life in balance.

Thank you for writing a great successor for mugen as next generation game engine.

;)

Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com