YesNoOk

Capcom vs SNK - W2D - Released - 3/04/2023 (Read 40540 times)

Started by Charles_2011, April 04, 2023, 01:15:44 am
Share this topic:
Capcom vs SNK - W2D - Released - 3/04/2023
#1  April 04, 2023, 01:15:44 am
    • Peru
Hello.

First of all I would like say thanks and give credits to these authors:

Chars:

* Warusaki3
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

* mouser

* Extravagant

* JtheSaltyy

* Jesuszilla

* IKEISLEGEND

* Tjun

* DGO

Screenpack: Codes and Sprites:

Lifebar:

MugenHook:
* Credits to the user or the staff that created Mugenhook.

* If I forgot to mention an author or if you see your work here and I didn´t mention you, please, let me know to add your name to the list.

===================================================================

* Maybe you want to start downloading the game and then start reading...
Only 1 part, 866MB, no pass.

Link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhMnWf3J-0MkjCM5xGX1m8PdTH0_?e=bFc4kO

===================================================================

Content:
* Logo
* Intro
* Intro Storyboard
* Versus Screen
* Winner Screen
* Ending
* Game over

Well, let me start from the modes that it is available in this game:

Arena: You can play against the AI using single or turns mode, forget to press Ctrl+1.
Boss Mode CVSW2D: Four random battles againts F.Vega, S.Gouki, N.Geese and G.Rugal.
Boss Mode USF2: Same order that you can find in USF2: V.Ken, E.Ryu, Vega and S.Gouki.
Tournament: This is interesting, inside the bat.archive there are coded 10 selects files, so, every time you click it to start the game probably you´ll play a different playthrough. A quick example:

In the select.def_1, If you find Rock during your playtrough on Arcade mode you´ll fight againts him in the stage: Mansion2019.
cvsrock/cvsrock_ARCADE.def, stages/mansion2019.def, music=sound/mansion2019.mp3, order=2

But, if you fight againts him in Turns mode the stage would be another one:
cvsrock/cvsrock_ARCADE.def, stages/Factory2019_Ver.2.def, music=sound/Factory2019.mp3, order=9

In select_2.def Rocks fights in other stages, same with every character on the game.

Something similar happens with the music:

Arcade mode:
cvsterry/cvsterry_FINAL.def, stages/Final2019.def, music=sound/Final2019.mp3, order=4

Turns mode:
cvsterry/cvsterry_ARCADE.def, stages/Final2019.def, music=sound/Final2019_Ver.2.mp3, order=10

You can use Mugen.exe, too. By default you´ll use Select_1.def.

Events:

Here comes a new challenger:
This is a special battle before the final, like in the original game, CVS2.There six possibles rivals, here only one example:

Final:
In the final you´ll see a brief dialogue of you rival, some of them I tooked from the original game:

In other cases I had to improvise:

You lose:
The winner screen happens inmediately (Only for your rivals) and the music depends of the character.

Music and sounds:

Music before battle:
Yes, there is music before battle in both modes: Single and Turns.

KO:
The sounds depends of the player, for example:

; SAMURAI SHODOWN/THE LAST BLADE
F7711,20+(random%2)
* 7711,20 ---> SS2
* 7711,21 ---> TLB2

; CAPCOM
F8811,20+(random%5)
* 8811,20 ---> CVS2
* 8811,21 ---> BROKEN MUGEN
* 8811,22 ---> SF4
* 8811,23 ---> SF3 T.S.
* 8811,24 ---> SF3 N.G.

; SNK
F9911,20+(random%3)
* 9911,20 ---> SVC CHAOS
* 9911,21 ---> KOF97
* 9911,22 ---> NGBC

; MARVEL VS CAPCOM
F10011,20+(random%3)
* 10011,20 ---> MVC3-FEMALE
* 10011,21 ---> MVC3-MALE
* 10011,22 ---> MVCI

Announcer: READY-GO / ROUND 1-FIGHT
There are a lot of announcers, the sounds works randomly since the first round.

Finest KO:
Forget to see two sprites of KO:

Wining using a Special:
There are some different effects for some characters, one example:

GROOVES:
Every character on the game have only the classic six grooves: C-A-P-S-N-K.
Only these characters have Ex mode:
* F.Vega
* S.Gouki
* N.Geese
* G.Rugal

Palettes:
Every character in the game have new palettes, but the classic palettes are still in the archive of the character:

Just edit the direction to get the palette that you want:
pal1=NEW_PALETTES/act013.act
pal2=NEW_PALETTES/act014.act
pal3=NEW_PALETTES/act015.act
pal4=NEW_PALETTES/act016.act
pal5=NEW_PALETTES/act017.act
pal6=NEW_PALETTES/act018.act

If you want to see a little spoiler, here:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/palettes-charles2011-193571.0.html

Using Mugenhook:
By pressing start twice you can get a different version of the character or a different stand, every variation have different palettes, here the list and pictures:

Ryu:
* Classic mode
* Classic mode/different stand
* SF1
* MVC/EDIT

Ken:
* Classic mode
* SFA

Gouki:
* Classic mode

Karin:
* Classic mode
* Classic mode/SFV
* Classic mode/MVC

Violent Ken:
* Classic mode
* USF2-EDIT

Todo:
* Classic mode
* Unknow/KOF Striker

Terry:
* Classic mode
* Classic mode/different stand (CVS PRO)
* Very simple this change, I recognize this a whim from my part.

Mature:
* KOF98 Stand
* KOF96 stand

Nash:
* Shirt
* No-Shirt

Ryo:
* Classic stand
* KOF98 Stand
* KOFXIII Stand

Nakoruru:
* Classic version
* Purple Nakoruru

Cammy:
* Classic Cammy
* Cammy Delta
* Killerbee

There are more things that I could explain but I want that you see it by yourself, like a surprise. I hope you enjoy it this project as I do. If you want to take some things of the game, no problem, make the changes that you want and make it yours, edit whatever you want.

Updates:
I´ll do updates of this project and I be greatfull to read your suggestions or reports. But I don´t make an update only because I added one sprite.

What is left?
- I would like to see a "Exhibition Screen" maybe showing the logo of the game.
- I had some problems using "Survival mode", so I´ll see what I can do about it.
- I have in mind a new couple of modes.
- New lifebar (The hole design).
- A new/extra version of my edition of Chunli, edit the hair like in the TV show.
- Add new codes like "Danger" announce when you have red life with an sprite, too.

Sorry for my poor english, I just studied basic long time ago.

Finally, just in case: encrypted?
- No

Have fun!
Re: Capcom vs SNK - W2D - Released - 3/04/2023
#2  April 04, 2023, 04:09:05 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I was waiting for this, thanks buddy!
#3  April 04, 2023, 06:40:17 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Congratulation!

I am not that much of a fan of CvS, but this work seems to be done so well.

I'll check it out.

Thank you.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#4  April 04, 2023, 09:40:02 pm
  • Raging Fist
Man this is very awesome to see!
Now I have to ask, the mugenhook variants, are they going to be different styles of each characters, and will there be more characters in the future?
#5  April 04, 2023, 10:09:32 pm
    • Peru
Hello.

I was waiting for this, thanks buddy!
No problem my friend and thank you for your patience.

Congratulation!

I am not that much of a fan of CvS, but this work seems to be done so well.
Thank you so much!

Man this is very awesome to see!
Now I have to ask, the mugenhook variants, are they going to be different styles of each characters, and will there be more characters in the future?
Thank you so much Flowrellik for your words.

are they going to be different styles of each characters
Maybe I can do some edition on them, but I don´t have the enough experience to make a character, my editions are kind of simple. But if someone make for example make an ex version of Mature, I´ll be glad to added as variation.

and will there be more characters in the future?
I asume that It will be. I can´t make CVS2 characters, that doesn´t depend of me, maybe I can add some characters that already there, maybe I could make some exception, for example R.Mika is there but honestly I don´t like that character at all.
Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:24:17 pm by Charles_2011
#6  April 05, 2023, 12:18:51 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
There are a few odd things I feel like pointing out:
1. The music cutting off during Taunts is bizarre, and a tad distracting to me.
2. It's strange when the P2 is just idle during the unique 'You Lose' screen. Was it too troublesome to get them to do their proper winposes in addition to the extra stuff?
3. It's weird seeing Ultra Sagat, but no Normal Sagat.

I like the option of choosing between version of chars with visual changes, sorta like costumes, but it would definitely be more interesting to see some moveset changes. I saw you do so with MvC Ryu with elements of Ken like his DP and Tatsu, but I think it would be nice to maybe see one of Ken's unique moves being added like one of his supers in place of one of Ryu's.
The Mr. Karate is also quite a peculiar addition, seeing that it's essentially a Ryo costume with Takuma voices.

I would groan about the AI being a bit on the insane side, but I'm gonna blame old chars and their preset AI difficulties.

Overall, it's a fascinating lil' package. It's messy in places but I suppose that's what happens when you have to do a lot of workarounds for added stuff.
I like the unique intros and music for the Boss Modes too. They do help with both immersion and intimidation.
Have you considered learning IKEMEN? It's added features such as custom arcade paths, added modes, multiple chars per slot, and built-in Stuns and Red Lifebars could come in handy.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  April 05, 2023, 01:18:08 am
    • Peru
Hello RagingRowen.

First of all, thank you for downloaded the game and test it.

1. The music cutting off during Taunts is bizarre, and a tad distracting to me.
Agree, I´m still working on this and I´ll try to do something about this.

2. It's strange when the P2 is just idle during the unique 'You Lose' screen. Was it too troublesome to get them to do their proper winposes in addition to the extra stuff?

I tried to edit the code to see the win pose of the rival but I couldn´t make it, I hope to make it in a future update.

3. It's weird seeing Ultra Sagat, but no Normal Sagat.
Agree again, I test Sagat by "Jesuszilla" but it has bugs in there supers an techniques.

I like the option of choosing between version of chars with visual changes, sorta like costumes, but it would definitely be more interesting to see some moveset changes. I saw you do so with MvC Ryu with elements of Ken like his DP and Tatsu, but I think it would be nice to maybe see one of Ken's unique moves being added like one of his supers in place of one of Ryu's.
Agree again, but I don´t have the enough experience to make changes like these. But in the future someone made Ex versions I could consider to added as a variation.

The Mr. Karate is also quite a peculiar addition, seeing that it's essentially a Ryo costume with Takuma voices.
For me this edition is like a "wink" to AOF1, same powers for Ryo and Mr.Karate. Other example could be U.S. Agent and Captain America, basiclly the same character except for the palettes.

I would groan about the AI being a bit on the insane side, but I'm gonna blame old chars and their preset AI difficulties.
I´m sorry, I don´t understand, are you saying that is to dificult or easy?

Overall, it's a fascinating lil' package. It's messy in places but I suppose that's what happens when you have to do a lot of workarounds for added stuff.
I like the unique intros and music for the Boss Modes too. They do help with both immersion and intimidation.
Thank you again for test the game and give this feedback.

Have you considered learning IKEMEN? It's added features such as custom arcade paths, added modes, multiple chars per slot, and built-in Stuns and Red Lifebars could come in handy.
I test Ikemen with ryu and there some errors that doesn´t happen in Mugen, maybe Its for the codes, but right know this project is only for Mugen engine.

Thank you again for your analysis, I really appreciate that.
Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 01:22:51 am by Charles_2011
#8  April 05, 2023, 02:17:35 am
    • UK
For me this edition is like a "wink" to AOF1, same powers for Ryo and Mr.Karate. Other example could be U.S. Agent and Captain America, basiclly the same character except for the palettes.

It's a pretty weird use of a boss slot, and I feel like he could've had some move alterations at least. I assume you couldn't get another good boss char that's up-to-par in terms of coding, assuming you're rather picky on who makes it in?

I´m sorry, I don´t understand, are you saying that is to dificult or easy?

Too difficult, for the most part. This is understandable for bosses, but not normal characters.

I test Ikemen with ryu and there some errors that doesn´t happen in Mugen, maybe Its for the codes, but right know this project is only for Mugen engine.

Understandable. Some chars won't work perfectly on it without a bit of tweaking.
WIP Schedule:
#9  April 05, 2023, 11:34:08 am
    • Peru
I assume you couldn't get another good boss char that's up-to-par in terms of coding, assuming you're rather picky on who makes it in?

Well, there are some characters that there are already there, one example is Serious Mr. Karate by "demongorne" but I discarded for the sprites, looks like KOF, maybe I can do some exceptions in fact I already did with Kaede. Also, S.Mr.Karate has a bug that I reported to demongore some time ago.

About other authors, there is an important detail at least for me, for example "Hh", there characters doesn´t have Finest KO animation. Morrigan by "Rolento" has the same problem.

Talking about bosses I would like to see Gill and King Leo, I think there aren´t sprites for Leo in CVS style, but like I said before could be an exception because I like the character.
#10  April 05, 2023, 12:23:48 pm
    • UK
Well, there are some characters that there are already there, one example is Serious Mr. Karate by "demongorne" but I discarded for the sprites, looks like KOF, maybe I can do some exceptions in fact I already did with Kaede. Also, S.Mr.Karate has a bug that I reported to demongore some time ago.

"looks like KOF" is to be expected with these sprite conversions. I still think he did one hell of a job with him and Takuma, but the problem is that the actual chars are very dodgy with weird liberties such as KOF sounds and not following Groove rules. I remember Gigahertz doing a better job tbh, albeit with the more blatantly KOF Dampir sprites.
Another real good KOF to CvS conversion is DGO's Robert.
It's just a shame that SNK chars aren't done that much when it comes to custom CvS2-style chars.

The Guard is also a funny inclusion since I remember you doing 4 Guard Edits, but only the Haohmaru one seems to be in.
WIP Schedule:
#11  April 06, 2023, 04:28:38 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Well, that's a nice surprise.
#12  April 06, 2023, 05:28:29 am
    • Peru
Well, that's a nice surprise.
Thank you Retro Respecter, I hope you enjoy the game.
#13  April 06, 2023, 08:33:53 pm
  • For me, it was Tuesday.
    • Ireland
Been testing it, and it's a really nice game. I got feedback for you:

- The game seems to be missing a few characters like Kyosuke Kagami, Iori Yagami, Mai Shiranui, Joe Higashi, Raiden, Chang Koehan, Morrigan Aensland, Dhalsim, E.Honda, Maki Genryusai and Blanka. They were part of the roster in Capcom Vs SNK 2, but it looks like they don't appear here.

- Why Ultra Sagat and not Classic Sagat from CvS2?

Your powers shall feed my ambitions nicely!
#14  April 07, 2023, 12:08:31 am
    • Peru
Hello Mr. Grunt.

Been testing it, and it's a really nice game.
Thank you, I´m glad you like it.

- The game seems to be missing a few characters like Kyosuke Kagami, Iori Yagami, Mai Shiranui, Joe Higashi, Raiden, Chang Koehan, Morrigan Aensland, Dhalsim, E.Honda, Maki Genryusai and Blanka.

Kyosuke, Iori Yagami, Orochi Iori, Mai, Raiden, Cody, Maki, Adon and E.Honda are from the author "Hh", all his character doesn´t have "Finest KO" animation:

Some of them have bug like E.Honda with his Strong Kick or O.Iori, It freeze during battle.

About Joe, Dhalsim and Chang the problem at least for me is the Groove selection panel:

Panel selection in this project:

Why Ultra Sagat and not Classic Sagat from CvS2?
Completely agree, classic Sagat is missing and is important as Iori, Sagat by "Jesuszilla" was an option but it has bugs in there Supers and techniques, sometimes only hits the air automatically until you hit him, Felicia has a similar bug.

About Morrigan by "Rolento" it doesn´t have "Finest KO" animation, too.

I hope to see some new editions of these characters using "Warusaki" template or at least similar like Shingo by "JtheSaltyy" or "Jesuszilla".

Thank you for your feedback Mr. Grunt.
#15  April 07, 2023, 01:56:12 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Nice Project man.  Just some words of encouragement.... You don't have to exclude some characters because of the groove selection.  You can always change them.  For example

Anyways, thanks again for the release.
#16  April 07, 2023, 03:31:23 am
    • Peru
Hello The Jaquio.

Nice Project man
Thank you for your words.

Just some words of encouragement....
And for this, too.

About edit characters I tried, for example with Morrigan. But I couldn´t make it. About Joe that you show in your video, could you send me that char, please? Or it´s private? Do you have more editions?

Well, thank you again The Jaquio, I hope to add more characters in the future.
#17  April 07, 2023, 12:08:24 pm
    • Ireland
Nice Project man.  Just some words of encouragement.... You don't have to exclude some characters because of the groove selection.  You can always change them.  For example
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZHueMy_Co[/youtube]

Wow, man! How did you do that?!

#18  April 07, 2023, 06:07:08 pm
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com

I just changed the selector to match Warus... But man I did this years ago lol.

#19  April 07, 2023, 10:26:07 pm
    • Ireland

I just changed the selector to match Warus... But man I did this years ago lol.

Okay.

#20  April 09, 2023, 10:48:48 am
Kyosuke, Iori Yagami, Orochi Iori, Mai, Raiden, Cody, Maki, Adon and E.Honda are from the author "Hh", all his character doesn´t have "Finest KO" animation:

Some of them have bug like E.Honda with his Strong Kick or O.Iori, It freeze during battle.
afaik, his latest version has finest ko animation, maybe you might want to have a look at this thread: https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2496673 i have backup h' creations in there, remember to get the cvs2_patch.zip as well

I am most looking forward to using cvs2 style mvc ryu, most  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#21  April 09, 2023, 11:54:33 pm
    • Peru
Hello oraora?.

Thank you for this, I´m going to test them, I didn´t know anything about a Vega by "Hh".

I am most looking forward to using cvs2 style mvc ryu, most  :8):
I hope you like it.

By the way, if someone of you have new stands for these characters, could you send them to me, please? I´ll be glad to add it to the game, and of course I´ll give credits.
#22  April 10, 2023, 09:58:09 am
Thank you for this, I´m going to test them, I didn´t know anything about a Vega by "Hh".

vega by Hh was his older version of his cvs2 creation before he adds cvs2 announcer and the finest k.o screen in his cvs2 characters, he removed his vega after he updated all of his cvs2 characters because maybe warusaki3 was making him

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!